Guildships COST 50 MILLION CREDITS!?

AgentMarakesh

15 people willing to do that 5 days a week and 4 hours on the weekend for 2 weeks straight, then donate the entire return to the guild, are going to be a rare 15 people.

The original post estimated two hours to make 250K doing dailies? That's pretty slow. Team up with a guild-mate if it really takes you that long to do, things will go much faster. I can net that much in about an hour.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casuals don't need a guildship, do they? Why would they?

On the PTS people are saying Guild Capital Ships are supposed to be for roleplayers. So I guess people are just assuming its a Guild Stronghold in space to hang out on?

That's actually the first time I'd even heard the notion that Guild Capital ships were designed to appeal in a non-gameplay related way. What with the devs mentioning the buffs, guild bonuses, upgrades, etc, I had assumed it was oriented towards non-social gaming in the same way flashpoints or warzones are.

On the PTS people are saying Guild Capital Ships are supposed to be for roleplayers. So I guess people are just assuming its a Guild Stronghold in space to hang out on?

That's actually the first time I'd even heard the notion that Guild Capital ships were designed to appeal in a non-gameplay related way. What with the devs mentioning the buffs, guild bonuses, upgrades, etc, I had assumed it was oriented towards non-social gaming in the same way flashpoints or warzones are.

I didn't neccessarily think of it as being used for Roleplayers, but I was figured that a majority had wanted guild ships as use for guild meetings and their own personal events. Obviously the devs have something abit more in mind than that.

Apologies but...

PTS = Public Test Server? :confused:

I thought it would come online later today, July 25.

I think we can all agree that getting 1 million credits is an easy task at level 55 (just from dailies). So getting 50 million by August 19th should not be a problem for a guild with at least 10 active people (smaller guild don't really need the ship, IMO).

Well, most 10 player guilds have about 50,000,000 so that's costly for them (most of their funds), but they can work and replenish their repair budget.

Now for the really small guilds (5 players). Yeah, there's an issue. There are some guilds that are just 4 people who do Ranked PvP. They probably won't have ship - but they also won't need one (if they only do Ranked then they won't bother with Guild Conquests).

The issue of small player guilds is actually a bit moot since Guild Conquests will require +8 players to really get anything done.

Now I suppose you could have a guild with 50 players and not much :sy_auction:, but I've never seen one.

Could you link where you got that information about most 10 player guilds having 50 million. Thanks.

I think we can all agree that getting 1 million credits is an easy task at level 55 (just from dailies). So getting 50 million by August 19th should not be a problem for a guild with at least 10 active people (smaller guild don't really need the ship, IMO).

So how many hours does that actually take to get 1 million by a 55 doing dailies? Just curious why smaller guilds don't need a guild ship. It is your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it.

Edited by well

So how many hours does that actually take to get 1 million by a 55 doing dailies? Just curious why smaller guilds done need a guild ship. It is your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it.

A person would normally average 200k to 300k from dailies each hour(obviously significantly faster in a group).

So, worst case scenario, a guild shop costs about 250 man-hours. If a group of 4 people invested 2 hours a week, they'd get a guild ship in about 8 months. However, 2 hours a week on dailies is an extremely casual time investment.

If you send companions to gather crafting mats and sell them while you're doing other in-game stuff, you can pretty closely match that hourly rate anyways. There's actually little reason to do dailies if you don't feel like casually killing pve mobs or grinding rep because of how easy it is to make credits off of companions(literally a few button clicks pulls in a few thousand credits without needing advancing crafting recipes).

Sure. But notice that this is a very particular scenario. A small guild that wants the flagship as fast as possible.

Larger guild? Spread the load, don't have to work as hard. Not in a rush? Take your time, you'll get there eventually.

It's all about NOT SPENDING money. I learned this on my first toon. I was always always always broke. Broke broke broke. On my latest toon I exclusively used planetary commendations to gear up, bought nothing off the GTN, and sold the mats I gathered. I hit level 55 with 3 million credits in my bag.

This. I am currently sitting in 1000 credits (means practically broke) but it was my own choice I needed Dread Forged ear and relics and 180 hilt. Plus 10M worth cartel gear I never use. And Tythonian Force-Masters lightsaber. If however,I would have saved money I would be able to afford half flagship on my own :D

And I don't regret I didn't. Not at all. I can do without guild flagship very well.

The whole point of a gship is that it is something people have to work for. did you expect them to just start handing out star destroyers like candy?

That is an incorrect conclusion.

If a guild has 50 players then it's 1 million each. If it has 10 players it's 5 million each.

Why is it handing out if smaller guilds want to do the same amount of work per person to get it instead of having to do 5 times as much? On the individual level smaller guilds have to put up more cash, so you're basically being punished for having a small guild.

That has nothing to do with handing out candy.

No matter the size of the guild, the majority in the guilds out there will not help contribute to the guild when it comes to credits.

I run a guild that has between 48-54 active members. I watch the bank ledger closely and I know who and who doesn't contribute credit wise and other donations to the guild bank. I can tell you this, I am the largest contributor while only a couple people have donated an extremely small amount over the last couple of months. Guild ships has been a topic of discussion for our guild while we have also been trying to prepare for a possible cost. We have been working towards a 200 million credit goal for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I have raised (via sales of my own items and some mats) 15 million on my own. We are sitting extremely close now to the initial cost for the ship. During this time, I have found a few things that sell very well.

First, if you run dailies, you can indeed earn a fast 250-300k in about an hours time. Cerka dailies (can't recall the name of the zone) grant this amount and are very fast. This includes the weekly in there though. At that, you earn basic comms. Save these and then purchase Vial's of Isotope 5 to sell on the GTN. These fly off the market. Incredibly fast way to save for this type of goal. Any sized guild can do this if they just put forth a little effort.

Don't expect your guild members to empty their accounts into the guild bank for this. They are also saving for their own stronghold at the same time. You can suggest the above though as it will accomplish a couple of things. First, if they just sell the isotopes, they can donate that to the guild while keeping the credits earned via the dailies to go towards their own place. Just a thought for those complaining about the cost.

I am thrilled to hear it is much lower then the 200 million goal we had set and originally heard it may have been priced at.

Lets take a smaller guild with a group of people that want the flagship and are willing to work for it. They can raise the money in 2 weeks.

/snip/

Players and guilds lack money because they spend it instead of make it.

15 people willing to do that 5 days a week and 4 hours on the weekend for 2 weeks straight, then donate the entire return to the guild, are going to be a rare 15 people.

I don't for a second doubt that each any every one of my guildmates would give their best if the leadership asked us to gather credits for a guild ship. And that's a guild of about 30 active accounts. By Khevar's math, we'd have enough credits in a week. But that's not going to happen. Why? Because the leaders have been planning ahead and our bank is loaded. I'm expecting our crazy GM to buy a ship the moment it becomes available.

As for smaller guilds, 50M is still reachable even with 10 active members. It all comes down to preparation and willingness to farm for something they will benefit from.

I'm also disappointed that people are panicking and yelling and running in circles, talking about gold/credit sellers making a fortune off of this.

Using the excuse of 'credit sellers' is a cop-out. You can throw that out there every time a new credit sink comes into the game.

Fifty million is terrible. Take a small roleplaying guild with twenty or thirty people: on the average, only two or three people would have above one million credits. That's not a credit sink, it's not a highway robbery, it's simply impossible!

Now I understand why one of my guildmasters said he had 42 million in the guild bank, because he was saving for the guildship. But seriously, that's a big guild, a guild that does ops and has like twenty or thirty experienced crafters - not every guild is like that!

No matter the size of the guild, the majority in the guilds out there will not help contribute to the guild when it comes to credits.

Absolutely. I've got characters in how many guilds... ten or twelve or fifteen, I bet(I just have many characters, so I can't place them in one guild). Naturally, I only feel strongly about one guild, maybe two. (And if I donate, say, one million to each of the guilds I'm in... um, no, call me greedy, but /gquit sounds like a better alternative).

My proposal is five million. It's expensive, but it's achievable.

Edited by Kulyok

I'm also disappointed that people are panicking and yelling and running in circles, talking about gold/credit sellers making a fortune off of this.

Using the excuse of 'credit sellers' is a cop-out. You can throw that out there every time a new credit sink comes into the game.

It doesn't make it any less true. There has never been a credit sink this big in the game. 50 mil as an entry point is absolutely absurd.

It doesn't make it any less true. There has never been a credit sink this big in the game. 50 mil as an entry point is absolutely absurd.

Really? Gbanks cost...what?....60mil to max out when they first came out?

Rocket Boosts cost 10mil when they first came out? Per Character, by the way.

GTN kiosk on your ship? 5mil. Per Character.

Guild Ships will be pathetically cheap when compared to these other things in terms of cost versus value.

Being quite serious here now:

There's no one playing this game, nor any guild playing this game, that can't get the credits needed to get a Guild Ship. Yes, some guilds will have it sooner than others. We'll have ours on the first day and probably looking to see what upgrades we can do immediately.

But, just me...I've made over 100mil credits by myself, just crafting and selling and flipping cheap mats/goods on the GTN. One player with no add-ons or anything. Just buying and relisting and selling Bio-chem stuff. Oh, and actually doing dailies now and again.

So, don't tell me that it's impossible because you're in a 4man guild. Or you're a PVP guild. Or an RP guild. None of that stuff is keeping you from crafting stuff, running dailies and flipping cheap stuff on the GTN.

Edited by Infernixx

Erm what?

How does a guild earn cash?(Seriously, i like to know this.)

1) Donations from members.

2) Dedicated guild crafters.

The guild I'm in uses the second option. This is set up so that all three raid groups dump rare materials to the bank for crafters to use and sell. We have 16HM farming runs just to get the materials and relic, implant and earpiece tokens. Crafters get the tokens but /roll winners get to choose between any of craftable items - for free. Materials go to the bank. Crafters make stuff, sell it and finance everyone's repair costs.

Now that I think about it - the guild runs like a precisely tuned Swiss watch. And that's because the GM and the council are really making an effort. The rest of us reward this effort by not causing drama and aggro. Everyone's relaxed and has fun. :eek:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.