Gree Event World PvP

llagana

Beniros, people like you are the very reason why I couldn't handle this server anymore. Don't take it personal, because you weren't the only one, and hell, I don't even know ya. Do people realize that the Ebon Hawk is pretty much the ONLY server that has problems with the Gree event due to whiners? For some odd reason, some players on the Ebon Hawk just don't understand what PvP means, and then they blame "the PvPers for being masochistic.

Player vs Player. Its in the mission title. The area autoflags players entering. If someone really thinks that they can complete these missions without any player vs player interactions, they've got bigger problems than complaining about getting 'ganked.'

I just don't understand it. Perhaps I'm dumb. Maybe I am not seeing something. I'm not sure anymore. I don't know if its because TEH is full of trolls, or just players who could care less about every aspect of the game outside of their RP stories.

Who knows...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player vs Player. Its in the mission title. The area autoflags players entering. If someone really thinks that they can complete these missions without any player vs player interactions, they've got bigger problems than complaining about getting 'ganked.'

I dont understand this at all: likes doing 1v1s but does not like to be annihilated by more than 1 person who r grouped up, quite literally chasing across the map. Therefore does not like pvp and by definition QQs about it.

I will capilatise this to make it very clear: I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PVP AT ALL, MY CONCERN IS ABOUT PSVP (PLAYERS V PLAYER). A group will have the advantage over a single individual no matter what (assuming full 2018 exp)

This is not a warzone. U dont have a team to back you up or help you out if u happen to be alone getting attacked (say guarding a strategic position).

Compare these two scenarios: ur doing the non-pylon pvp mission ( I forget what its called), alone. Ur fightning some droids and some randon individual comes along and attacks you, resulting in a 1v1, an enjoyable and hopefully close encounter.

OR

Ur fighting some droids and all of a sudden u get hard stunned, 3 dps wailing at you with all their cooldowns, operative healer laughing while spamming kolto probe. Zero chance of survival, have to release, run back in , pick up with droids again. The same group comes into sight again, u turn around quickly hoping they did not notice you. They did, The warrior/knight chases you down immobilises you with force charge till others catch up (or you just get grappled). Odds of survival zero. Fair play? Lol u kidding... Ganking 101.

Once again to make it very clear I dont mind pvp, I expect it to take place when im doing the pvp missions. Sadly though I also need to expect that there is a fat chance of just being obliterated without being able to do anything, yes by gankers (Id like to stick to the term). The possiblity of this severly hindered me from doing the pvp missions at all this event (except when the instance is dead empty and I have a free go at everything, which is boring on the other end of extreme since 1v1 scenarios r also going to be unlikely.

This is my take on this, and stop feeding words into my mouth such as "QQs about pvp etc." I made my stance very very clear, I dont expect you to agree with me. I explained why I basically dont do pvp missions when im on my own. Hopefully ull get back to a more reasonable discussion.

this ended up being meaner than i wanted

That's funny, you usually seem to have fun with these sorts of silly thread derailments...

I personally, have enjoyed the hell out of this thread. The server care-bears are so cute, I could just eat them all up!

• 1 year later...
IM trying not to in fact. Once I saw pvp guilds camping the pylon in the mid I totally gave up on doing the pvp missions, so instead I just speedered around in the non FFA area hunting pubbies alone, that was heck of a lot more exciting, there were some glorious defeats and victories both and whats more, not a single annoying ganking interestingly. I wonder why....

How is it that people still don't understand what this quest is about? Cashing in the orbs while players are trying to kill you is the quest! That's the challenge! Without players trying to kill you, the quest would be just picking up orbs and bringing them to a nearby location. That would be a really stupid quest.

How is it that people still don't understand what this quest is about? Cashing in the orbs while players are trying to kill you is the quest! That's the challenge! Without players trying to kill you, the quest would be just picking up orbs and bringing them to a nearby location. That would be a really stupid quest.

This is an RP-PVE server... Most of these dolt's have a hard time not standing in the fire....

Bro, there are sober children in China. There are entire families in Africa who have never even experienced the ice cold refreshment of an IPA. I for one, refuse to restrict my drinking to "social norms" or "healthy moderation". Cheetos, Dogfish Head and World PVP are a basic human right!

Terrible taste in beer, btw. Just had to point that out. Drinking IPA is like drinking horse piss... Not that I ever tried it.... But if I did, I am quite sure it would taste just like an IPA!

Just stick with a good German Hefeweizen, please. A real man beer.

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif