The new Nerf sith inquisitor thread

Allmightyprom

Consulars don't have the burst that other classes have, but they do have great cc. I don't think any nerfing is nessesary at the time being.

You do realize Consulars = Inquisitors, right? They all the same abilities(different names) with the same damage formulas. So you're obviously doing something wrong.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok since the last thread got locked for people trolling and stuff, lets make a new thread regarding how OP and unbalanced sith inquisitors are.

Im currently a lvl 50 consular, and get hit by a sith inquistor that is 20 lvls below me for 3-4k several times in quick succession. i have 6 pieces of lvl 50 epic pvp gear and still get torched in seconds by this class.

other classes dont touch me...just inquisitors. They fling around lightning like no tommorow with no CD it seems.

PvP games are now simply about how few seconds the 5 inquisitors on the opposite team take to stun lock and kill you.

Please keep this thread civil and on topic or posts will be reported.

You not get a trolling warning yet?

I have to give + 10 internets to the OP for unintentional Trolling. If you're a Lvl 50 consular, and getting beat by way lower level Sorcerers, theres no other way to sum it up other than you're playing your class wrong, or not to its potential like the players beating you.

If this seriously was the case, this wouldnt be a nerfing issue, but a bug/database issue between Consular damage calculations.

Too many nerf calls these days, by people who can only merely point out they die, and how they die. Never because of the entire other 20 bajillion outside factors that could be the reasons behind it.

well, shows how much you guys know, ive heard down the grapeline that inquisitor is getting nerfed in the next patch. cya on the other side.

Did u even read posts above? Did u realised that inquisitor=consular?

Inquisitor=Consular

Inquisitor=nerf

You=Consular

-------------------

You=nerf

And theres no way why BW should nerf any class without eneought datas from 50s.

Hello I am the OP.. I play the mirror class to the class I am claiming is over powered... i'm obviously trolling... thanks for getting me page 3.

You may not realize it, but you can't break LOS on Cons rock toss once they start casting it... I get hit with rocks through walls all the time... its "feels" kinda bull, but I guess its the trade off for not having the Inqs insta hit that people ***** about so often.

This thread is a joke. I read it and basically you're saying Sith Inquistors, meaning both ASSASSINS and Sorcerers need to be nerfed. What a joke. 2-4k per tick? Naw I tick around maybe 600-800 i'm a tank assassin though. Also even if the sorcs do 2-4k per tick you can disrupt it, unless you're bad which i'm assuming you are considering you get owned by someone 30 levels below you in warzones. Also if you think i'm a noob and don't know what the hell i'm talking about, I have a level 39 sith assassin at the moment and I enjoy playing it. Also the consular's rocks do alot of damage. I played a jedi sage in the beta up to lvl 18 or so and I was wrecking with it. It's funny how you find the rock channeling ability not OP but the lightning extremely OP when really the inquistors and consulars are extremely close together in ability's they use. Edited by Sejia
rude

My madness spec gives me no cooldown force lightning. And Force lightning has a chance to make a cast time offensive spell instant.

Crushing Darkness/instant lightning strikes ftw

Reminds me of the AoC demonologist in AoC beta, spam lightning strike as fast as you can.

Insta-cast on a class that can self-heal and has a pretty solid absorbtion bubble is pretty dumb, takes away the whole risk in a risk vs reward scale.

And yes sorry Consulars, but you guys need a nerf too as do BH's and Troopers. Bioware as far as BH/Trooper is concerned were too overzealous with the healing specs so now we have a bunch of BH/Troopers that can heal entire raids, pump out a load of damage and don't go down easily thanks to there defensive options and heavy armor.

As for Consular, same problem as applies with Inq, far too much CC for one class to have.

The only really balanced classes right now are JK/SW at 50 and Smuggler/Agent.

Edited by Zarthorn

Reminds me of the AoC demonologist in AoC beta, spam lightning strike as fast as you can.

Insta-cast on a class that can self-heal and has a pretty solid absorbtion bubble is pretty dumb, takes away the whole risk in a risk vs reward scale.

And yes sorry Consulars, but you guys need a nerf too as do BH's and Troopers. Bioware as far as BH/Trooper is concerned were too overzealous with the healing specs so now we have a bunch of BH/Troopers that can heal entire raids, pump out a load of damage and don't go down easily thanks to there defensive options and heavy armor.

As for Consular, same problem as applies with Inq, far too much CC for one class to have.

Far too much CC? a 4 second stun with a 1 minute CD and an 8 second lift that takes 3 seconds to cast and gets instantly broken by your buddies when they attack that target.

Ok since the last thread got locked for people trolling and stuff, lets make a new thread regarding how OP and unbalanced sith inquisitors are.

Im currently a lvl 50 consular, and get hit by a sith inquistor that is 20 lvls below me for 3-4k several times in quick succession. i have 6 pieces of lvl 50 epic pvp gear and still get torched in seconds by this class.

other classes dont touch me...just inquisitors. They fling around lightning like no tommorow with no CD it seems.

PvP games are now simply about how few seconds the 5 inquisitors on the opposite team take to stun lock and kill you.

Please keep this thread civil and on topic or posts will be reported.

dude a consular and an inquisitor are the exact same thing.

Except consular get a better solo ability.

Far too much CC? a 4 second stun with a 1 minute CD and an 8 second lift that takes 3 seconds to cast and gets instantly broken by your buddies when they attack that target.

Just like the inquisitor.

Also the force lightning with no CD is a talent, you can have it too on your consular.

Where do you get the idea that all these Sorcerer abilities are instant cast? There's only one ability that's instant, and that's Shock, and it's on a cooldown. The only other possibility is when you crit on Affliction and you get a proc that let's you instant cast Chain Lightning once. You're proving that you have no idea what you're talking about every time you speak....

You're also practically saying every class but yours needs a nerf. You do realize that makes you sound like a complete noob, right? Oh, and the IA who can hit you for 4k and who can apply a long duration stun at range on instant cast isn't OP... but the Sorc who has an equivalent duration CC on a 3 second cast and otherwise the same CC abilities but about half the damage, that's the class that's OP. Right.

I'm not saying that the IA is OP... but the reasons you people are giving for the Sorcerer being OP aren't even true. They apply more to the IA. My point here is that the IA is just about the most underplayed class in the game, and the SI is probably the most overplayed. You see more of them, so you're more likely to be killed by one. But with your reasoning for why it's OP, there's no reason you shouldn't be complaining about IA instead. The fact that you aren't just proves your ignorant bias.

You need to go play a Sorcerer... now. At the very least, go do some serious research on both the ability list and the skill trees. If you're going to claim something is OP, at least have a fundamental understanding of the class mechanics. You should be able to say what abilities are OP and why... not just "omg sorcerer kills me in pvp nerf it!!!"

You need to realize that this game, like any MMO, has a rock paper scissors type balance in PvP. On my Sorcerer, I will own a warrior every time I'm a fair fight... but an Assassin/Shadow will own me. When I play my Shadow, I destroy Sorcerers... but a BH will stomp me. That's just the way it is. Maybe if I didn't know any better and all I played was my Shadow, I would be crying for a BH nerf. But any good PvPer understands that his class isn't equipped to take on every other class 1v1. If you don't think that's fair, you probably shouldn't ever play another MMO again... ever. This is the way it's always been, and always will be... and guess what... it's fair.

See my signature is what it is because of thinking like yours.

8 second stun on Sorcerer/Sage = 3 second cast

8 second stun on IA/Smuggler = instant

If you're going to call a class OP for having "too much CC" and "instant casts," start complaining about the right class at least. lol.

Or better yet, don't complain... because this game is incredibly well balanced.

Im currently a lvl 50 consular, and get hit by a sith inquistor ......other classes dont touch me...just inquisitors.

These being the pertinent part of your post leads me to believe that its Jedi Consulars that need to be wailed on with the nerf bat. Why is the colsular so OP compared to these other classes that you admit cannot touch you?

NERF JEDI CONSULARS!!!

Poor Poor OP you do realise your consular is an EXACT mirror ... ..... QQ man QQ

You do realize that there are unbalances between Sage and Sorcerer, no matter how much you'd want to believe that they're the same, right? This is not news, stop acting e-smart when you know nothing. For example: the 'Project' Sorcerer version seems to stun in PvP, the Sage version does not. This is major.

But then again, I could be wrong, though I've tested it with a friend, so. I doubt that. :p

Anyway, good luck with the hate-crusade, sad being. :o

Edited by Sarah_Kerrigan

You do realize that there are unbalances between Sage and Sorcerer, no matter how much you'd want to believe that they're the same, right? This is not news, stop acting e-smart when you know nothing.

You mean like the only ability that differ that you cant use in warzone, raid or without a companion?

And the consular version is better imo ..

Project http://www.torhead.com/ability/3aA49qz

mirrored Shock http://www.torhead.com/ability/f3D45Gn

dmg isnt accurate, but both spells has same pattern (mine shock at lvl50 shows 951-1015dmg), one is kinetic, other energy dmg, both reduced by armor in same way.

Sage=Sorc, they have exact same spells and even skill trees are exact same, just different names and animation, casting/channeling times, CDs, dmg, procs, meachanics and everything else is same. Sages has just less visible animations for spells, which should be even adventage in PvP.

Edited by DwaneDibbley

You do realize that there are unbalances between Sage and Sorcerer, no matter how much you'd want to believe that they're the same, right? This is not news, stop acting e-smart when you know nothing. For example: the 'Project' Sorcerer version seems to stun in PvP, the Sage version does not. This is major.

But then again, I could be wrong, though I've tested it with a friend, so. I doubt that. :p

Anyway, good luck with the hate-crusade, sad being. :o

Dont say things like this, they will call you a troll.

I think sorcs get the OP tag because every warzone has about 5 of the sorcs smashing perma stun on everything and absorbing all your dmg and knocking everyone everywhere while healing themselfs.

However in world pvp they dont seem op, its just when they are stacked and nobody can get close to do anything to them, in general CC seems to be unaffected by that useless DR system and is way to potent.