Character select screen keeps changing

XiamaraSimi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw I made a vid of all 6 if someone wants to see a compilation.

The character selection screen has never worked properly. This's actually the 3rd "view" that is possible to get now... There's some kind of bellybutton view where I can see almost none of my character, then there's the normal bust shot where it looks like I'm cut in half, and then there's this new one that's quite disturbing and disorienting.

I've talked to plenty of people that don't like the new view, usually Republic. I've talked to others that love it, generally Imperials.

Puts on [Flame Suit].

In my opinion it looks like some kind of perspective you have of a room if you're having a nightmare. I hate it. It's very disorienting. If they keep this view, or make it optional, the perspective and scale need to be appropriate because right now it literally looks like a nightmare and it isn't proportionate at all.

So whatever happens, it needs to get fixed one way or the other because the character select screen has NEVER WORKED PROPERLY. People are just noticing it now because the change this time has been so drastic. People love change, no matter what it is. It's human nature no matter how annoying that fact is. You change any stupid thing and people go nuts, whatever.

Fact is it needs to be fixed and people need the option to leave it at the normal perspective. I don't like feeling like my eyeballs are being ripped out of my skull every time I log in / relog.

Edited by siegeshot

Yep, this is a bug that we are aware of. Thanks for the post, though!
Indeed, though I hate to sound like the throng of AOLer "Me too!" people, I must side with them. This provides an excellent high-res look at our characters that we almost never get. It is great to see my Knight (horned-helm and all) on screen when I load up the client.

Please, do not correct this 'bug'. Or, if the dev team is feeling magnanimous, allow for zooming in/out.

+1 more internets. We love a panned out view. It makes showing my characters to friends that much easier!

My sister always wants to see what character I'm playing for whichever MMO it is at the time, and having to load into SWTOR almost kills her casual interest.

Fact is it needs to be fixed and people need the option to leave it at the normal perspective. I don't like feeling like my eyeballs are being ripped out of my skull every time I log in / relog.

Really? Like your eyeballs are being ripped out? Wow lol.... that's not weird at all, not surprising though that you seem to be the only one who doesn't prefer the zoomed out view

Edited by rywokast

Upvote for NOT fixing it.

I like the view!!! I REPEAT DO NOT FIX IT or make it a feature, or better yet implement camera rotation and zooming in the character selection screen

Better yet

DON'T TOUCH IT

IMO trying to fixor improve a "bug" we like can only lead to heartache

I understand the desire to see a zoomed out view on the character selection screen.

But the views in the bugged version have problems...

- The ship backgrounds are incomplete. When you can see the edges of the background, it is revealed that they are not the actual ship interiors. They are simplified for performance. They are mostly a cockpit (or other visually interesting setup) attached to a nondescript room.

- In some backgrounds, the geometry is incomplete. Most noticeably in the Inquisitor, where the starry sky is visible through the roof of the room. But others as well.

- I don't know why people like that it cuts off at the knees. There's so much empty space above your character's head. It makes them look tiny and off-center.

Frankly, I think it just looks like a bug.

That's not to say I wouldn't love a zoomed out view. But it would have to look polished, instead of the current sloppy version.