The harm PvPers do to PvE

krisagi

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we are at an impasse, as I do not believe that should be a valid target unless you are flagged. That is my problem with the system as it stands.

So you are saying that a flagged player from the opposing fraction should not be a valid target? Yeah, we are at a impasse since I see no way at all to justify an opposing player not being considered anything, but an enemy and thus a target. It is still your choice not to shoot him/her, but I see no reason to limit my game play just because you don't like a feature.

Edited by mikebevo

Gankers are cowards. They fill their pampers every time they hammer some low level. I just swear a lot offline and forget about them. On higher level planets it seems they have to travel in packs. The little kitties can't do it on their own.

So you are saying that a flagged player from the opposing fraction should not be a valid target? Yeah, we are at a impasse since I see no way at all to justify an opposing player not being considered anything, but an enemy and thus a target. It is still your choice not to shoot him/her, but I see no reason to limit my game play just because you don't like a feature.

For the auto-targeting system, correct. I would say for right click actions as well, given what other people in this thread report but I have less of an issue with someone accidentally mousing over someone and clicking vs just hitting a key that automatically targets and fires. It's a hell of a lot easier to just press one button accidentally and have it do all the work vs finding and clicking the target.

Actually a better solution (that I have seen in other games) would be a confirmation dialog pop up when you are about to perform an action that will flag you for PVP.

Edited by hadoken

Gankers are cowards. They fill their pampers every time they hammer some low level. I just swear a lot offline and forget about them. On higher level planets it seems they have to travel in packs. The little kitties can't do it on their own.

PVE Servers need a coward debuff placed on PVPers in open world areas which renders expertise ineffective. Bet they wouldn't be wasting their time standing on top of the heroic 4 waiting for someone to make a mistake if they had a coward debuff.

Devs just need to make a PVP toggle.

Edited by DraonaiMimnov

For the auto-targeting system, correct. I would say for right click actions as well, given what other people in this thread report but I have less of an issue with someone accidentally mousing over someone and clicking vs just hitting a key that automatically targets and fires. It's a hell of a lot easier to just press one button accidentally and have it do all the work vs finding and clicking the target.
Solo and even most of the time I tab target which is one key. I just make sure of what I am targeting before I use an ability. I would actually be for removing flagged players from auto target, if while they are at it they make auto target non-functional in group content. :p Edited by mikebevo

Huh? They HAVE one...people just need to not be lazy, sloppy and inattentive.

Outside of HM and NiM Ops I die more from falling off stuff then anything killing me. I demand guard rails and elevator doors, I shouldn't be required to watch where I'm going. :p

Edited by mikebevo

Outside of HM and NiM Ops I die more from falling off stuff then anything killing me. I demand guard rails and elevator doors, I shouldn't be required to watch where I'm going. :p
That may work for you, but I demand moving sidewalks that let me stand still and move me through the FP/OP.:cool: Edited by Thoronmir

The other day I forgot that I was on a lowbie toon and I jumped and in the air I realized what I did, I went splashhhhhhh..... dead. :mad::D:D

Edited by Kantaso

That may work for you, but I demand moving sidewalks that let me stand still and move me through the FP/OP.:cool:

Only if they allow me to macro my attacks so I just need to push one button...pushing 30 is unfair to me and gives people with abnormally large hands an advantage.

PVE Servers need a coward debuff placed on PVPers in open world areas which renders expertise ineffective. Bet they wouldn't be wasting their time standing on top of the heroic 4 waiting for someone to make a mistake if they had a coward debuff.

Devs just need to make a PVP toggle.

A pvp switch would be a good idea. I not sure why they haven't implemented one.

Nobody's stopping you from turning your flag on and then attacking.

Solo and even most of the time I tab target which is one key. I just make sure of what I am targeting before I use an ability. I would actually be for removing flagged players from auto target, if while they are at it they make auto target non-functional in group content. :p

They should disable auto-target altogether, it just teaches people bad habits.

Just Keybind target next enemy (Tab), and target nearest enemy (T) by default and make them learn to either get hit first or use them. Then you'll have no more issues with griefers getting you flagged. On top of it, it becomes really easy to switch one to acquire focus target's target keybind.

I agree. On a PVE server....not ONLY on a PVE server and in PVE areas a player should be able to be free from a PVP flag. They should NOT be able to attack PVP players or NPCs as a result, but still be attacked themselves by PVP NPCs.

Note...if they enter a factional area they will be warned and flagged anyway. But this would prevent any kind of griefing by PVP players since there would be no way to trick PVE players into PVP play.

So I support the idea of a PVP toggle. The toggle would NOT function if the player enters into a PVP area or a factional area and would get flagged the normal way. They would also be prevented from attacking factional NPCs and players unless they flagged for PVP themselves.

The ONLY reason, IMO, that PVP players would be against this kind of feature is that it would prevent the kind of griefing play they enjoy. Just as they were strongly against the removal of the AoE flag, and protested profusely when it was removed. Some PVP players enjoy forcing PVP play on others.

Just my slant.

Edited by LordArtemis