BW's 9-5 job while the world waits.

Muglor

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record...

The Live Services team is working in shifts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for the next month to ensure that servers stay up, player population is well managed, issues are triaged, problems are communicated and bugs are fixed as fast as possible.

After that, we're on-call 24/7 for the life of the game.

^I think SR just owned this entire thread.

/Thread?

If they only have one shift, which I really doubt, then there is something wrong. No instead what they are doing is making the roll out of player a controlled thing so that everyone's game experience is not lost waiting in a queue.

Now if we get to our early access date and all the servers are full up with no room for new players then we might have something to complain about....

I just wish they would email me the when part, I don't get why that part is kept such a big secret until the last second.

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

It is completely sad to see BW's total indifference to the rest of us that are still forced to wait.

They show up at regular working times, do their jobs...let a few people in to play the game, and then they go home after 8 hours....a 9-5 job.

Dear Bioware,

Are you currently aware that you have waiting customers in Asia, Europe, Russia, Australia, and more? And only allowing 5 waves in per day at the time that you're in the office is a complete slap in the face to your customers (who supported you and paid your paychecks).

Are you too cheap to get multiple teams going to allow waves of eager paying customers to enter the game at all hours???

I'm sure people in Europe and Asia would certainly enjoy this idea.:mad:

Sometimes I don't like freedom of speech.

For the record...

The Live Services team is working in shifts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for the next month to ensure that servers stay up, player population is well managed, issues are triaged, problems are communicated and bugs are fixed as fast as possible.

I think i shoud have your personal mobile number. It's only right, as i have paid £37 for your game.

\o/

It is completely sad to see BW's total indifference to the rest of us that are still forced to wait.

They show up at regular working times, do their jobs...let a few people in to play the game, and then they go home after 8 hours....a 9-5 job.

I'm pretty sure if you were in their shoes working from 9 to 5 you would want to go home too. I sure as hell have other things to do as opposed to working.

Plus, they're giving us early access and the game isn't due until the 20th. Stop whining.

For those that are being or will be rude, I have reported you and will report any future rude remarks.

There is a wrong way to disagree with people, and there is a professional way to disagree with people. Sadly, I see most of the hecklers here lack the proper education to know which is which. Either way it is Rude and Unwelcoming behavior, as BW puts it.

Thank you for your time and proof that most of you need to put the game controllers down and pick up a book. ;)

Take you own advice.

Dear Bioware,

Are you currently aware that you have waiting customers in Asia, Europe, Russia, Australia, and more? And only allowing 5 waves in per day at the time that you're in the office is a complete slap in the face to your customers (who supported you and paid your paychecks).

Are you too cheap to get multiple teams going to allow waves of eager paying customers to enter the game at all hours???

/Kleenex

For those that are being or will be rude, I have reported you and will report any future rude remarks.

There is a wrong way to disagree with people, and there is a professional way to disagree with people. Sadly, I see most of the hecklers here lack the proper education to know which is which. Either way it is Rude and Unwelcoming behavior, as BW puts it.

Thank you for your time and proof that most of you need to put the game controllers down and pick up a book. ;)

So go pick up a book and stop complaining.

For the record...

Thats all well and good

but you cut off access to the game at 3 pm so you can watch and see how reacts to influx of ppl getting home etc. If it goes well why not let more ppl in? You do realize you ticking off a HUGE amount of your customers by cutting em off.

i am not one of them. I am voicing concern tho cause their hate worries me alittle

Ah poor BW, having to put up with people like the OP'er. It sad to see someone try put them down for doing what they've always promised and thinking that a MMO is only a 9-5 job, thinking that a launch of an MMO is just "here people, play" shows a complete lack of understanding in anything vdeo game based. Its a complex process, maybe you should stick to something you have a a better comprehension of than video games.

Dear Bioware,

Obviously you have never worked a job that involves any kind of production schedule.

All my friends who got invites for today? They're working. These things called "jobs" that they have to do. The extension(yes...extension) of the early access was rather recent. A few friends(and I do only mean a few) took off Thursday and Friday of this week, partially with plans to play the game. But no one I know actually took off any earlier days. They have to work.

Most of my friends ordered on day one of pre-order. They all got invites, but have yet to log in. Cause they're working.

So people posting that the servers are empty...well of course they are. The vast majority of the North American players are probably just now getting off work or in the next few hours. But doesn't mean that a huge number didn't get invites. So they know that they invited a TON of people who haven't yet started logging on.

I bet you in about 2-3 hours, those servers will have huge population increases. Not from new invites, but due to the earlier invites finally being utilized.

Then tomorrow morning, we'll hear the same thing. Servers are empty, why aren't you letting more people in faster. That's cause the vast majority of them who got in today will be BACK at work and not playing and even the ones who get invites tomorrow, will mostly not get to start playing until after their job.

There's multiple reasons to stop rolling out additional waves. I'm sure they have a vague idea on what the maximum number of unique individuals logging on will be, based upon invites. Maybe some people won't utilize the invite. Bioware has no way of knowing that they won't start using it a few hours later. So they will roll this out steadily and slowly. The large volume of players is still a few hours away. Let it simmer and see how it works out for the evening.

I'd love to be playing tonight, but you know what? I pre-ordered on Nov 29th. So I'm guessing it'll be a day or two still. That's fine. I actually have worked in these industries so I understand how this stuff works and all the little issues they have to deal with in the back end that no one else seems to understand.

I'm sure this was a waste of my time typing this, but oh well. Maybe someone's just being emotional and not quite a dimwit and they'll get it. We'll see.

All the nerd rage stemming from a sense of entitlement to play for free 7 days in advanced (when originally they said it would be at most 5 days) is frightening.

I get the people upset about Bioware removing the grace period. The company said they would give one, people selected purchase and delivery methods based on that, then suddenly it changed. I get that.

I get that people are anxious to play. It's hard to wait for a game, even harder when you know other people, possibly friends, are playing it.

I don't understand why people feel Bioware should bend over backwards and redesign their release day plans (plans that have been made public for some time, and the only changes made to it were to let people in EARLIER) to make sure that they (the angry people) are allowed to play on the first day of early release when they didn't even enter their pre-order code on the first day.

I don't get it.

For the record...

My god! I knew you must be in stress mode but that sounds a wee bit tiresome...hope you all do well and keep up the good work!

we are all counting on you :)

It saddens me greatly that SR actually had to post this.. come on people.. you are not entitled to something that someone gives away.

really dont want to bring it up, but in these hard times i do feel i have to point out i paid 5 pound for preorder, and the only reason i and i feel a lot of others did this was cos there was early access.

but as it stands im happy to get on when i get on. sooner the better but i can wait.

My biggest problem I have with EA / Bioware is that I do not get the emails they say I am supposed to get. It happend in the beta test weekends. Never got the emails for them. I found out by either going to the web site or just trying the launcher. I had verified my email. Checked the spam folder. NOTHING. Heck I have changed from the comcast email to my gmail account. Verified it my account, and still never get them.

Now they still should be doing wave roll outs 24/7 every few hours, which would ease most people on these forums. I did read the excuse about server loads and population is why they are not doing that. To me that is just a cop out, it is 2011. Its digital game in a digital world. Spent millions on this game, and its not the first MMO ever. So just get it done fast, no excuses.

This is breaking news I didn't know this is the only game under EA and Biowares belt. I honestly think SWTOR is at a lost to this company until SWTOR breaks even who knows when.

I understand staggered release. I understand Working hours.

But i was told that European servers where located in Ireland and staffed and supported from there.

Why do they have to work late each night and do nothing for 2/3 of the irish working day?

Why not start up new servers/ start staggered release in the morning there?

Why, now that the first people got in at the same time, not allow for different service at different times. It doen not bode well if all European service will be at US times....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.