Active server?

FLMOPE

Just re-joining the game after a long hiatus. I am wondering what server has the best GSF community?

I haven't played the space game at all and will be starting from scratch. An active guild with members willing to mentor a newbie would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Harbringer is very active, but I haven't played much on it to give you an assessment of guilds or helpfulness. From what I can tell, a lot of people run in premades and everyone else is kinda just there to die.

Ebon Hawk is fairly active and has GSF dedicated guilds on both sides as well as a chat GSF channel. Most players on there are helpful albeit they give some incorrect info sometimes. They have a decent number of veterans that play.

Bastion is also fairly active and also has GSF dedicated guilds and the GSF chat channel. I'd say that Bastion has more helpful players, but you really have to seek them out and whisper them for 1 on 1 action. But, many are more then willing to help.

GL on your search for a home.

If you're looking for an EU server:

Progenitor is fairly active, though I have a feeling that the Reps have far fewer premades and vets flying lately than Imps.

I've flown a bit on Tomb of Freedonn Nadd lately and it looks like the queues are shorter and the competition is much closer.

I haven't tried other servers.

Even if the thread otherwise only to E-Pen comparison is good:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=721501

The number of aces correlated with the size of the GSF community.

That thread is VERY out dated. For example, 90% of the aces listed for Prophecy of the Five have moved to somewhere else (no longer just to Harbinger either)... There are a few servers that are very active... Harbinger is one of them, I believe Ebon Hawk is another.

Edited by Cekis

That thread is VERY out dated...

Well, at least for the EU, I can confirm that Red Eclipse is the server with the greatest GSF Community ('ve also Toons on TOFN, T3-M4 and VC).

With Bastion as West-Server I have now also made good experiences. My next project would be an East-Server. According to aces list it would have to be Jedi Covenant. Is it no longer the case?

Edited by Magira

Unfortunately, that thread is far out of date. Many of the listed pilots on the various servers I play on don't even play anymore. But, that's life. Hopefully people will let that thread die in peace now. Edited by phoenixjon

Thank you for the replies. I have a couple of low level toons on Ebon Hawk. I might check out Harbinger this weekend.

I loved the space combat on SWG. I realize SWTOR space combat isn't the same but I am hoping to find another passion.

Thank you for the replies. I have a couple of low level toons on Ebon Hawk. I might check out Harbinger this weekend.

I loved the space combat on SWG. I realize SWTOR space combat isn't the same but I am hoping to find another passion.

I miss SWG as well, though honestly this space combat is more fun (mainly due to the fact that organizing it is less complicated)

Anyways the three US servers mentioned are all good. For me though I don't like to play anywhere but Bastion. Very competitive here, frustrating at first but I like to think it makes better pilots =) hope to see you around.

• 2 weeks later...

With Bastion as West-Server I have now also made good experiences.

Well, after 250 matches played my impression is rather ambiguous.

- Double Listing for PVP and GSF is impossible to play unless you want ONLY PVP. For double Listing never comes GSF.

- Waiting time for GSF is higher than on Red Eclipse

- Counterbalancing measures of pilots against bad matchmaking are here rather unknown

Watch more ...

I miss SWG as well, though honestly this space combat is more fun (mainly due to the fact that organizing it is less complicated)

Anyways the three US servers mentioned are all good. For me though I don't like to play anywhere but Bastion. Very competitive here, frustrating at first but I like to think it makes better pilots =) hope to see you around.

How is it to say "meet you at zeros"? :p

Anyways Jung Ma isn't as active as Ebon Hawk but has good pilots. Haven't seen Harbinger yet.

Well, after 250 matches played my impression is rather ambiguous.

- Double Listing for PVP and GSF is impossible to play unless you want ONLY PVP. For double Listing never comes GSF.

- Waiting time for GSF is higher than on Red Eclipse

- Counterbalancing measures of pilots against bad matchmaking are here rather unknown

Watch more ...

280 Games...

+ Many Australians here, friendly and games at all times