PvE Consular gear is horrendously ugly

eNcFireWraith

I really wanted to make a Consular, but I'm waiting until I find a moddable pair of PANTS and a normal chest piece.

And that's really concerning about not seeing and mods drop in Operations. It was specifically said there were equivalent end game mods in operations.

see, that is why I made my consular a female, all the gear is made for pants hating females. I want to wear pants on my character not run around in a dress. At level 27 I have yet to see any moddable pants. At least some of the tops look decent on female characters.

Again, the Alderaan Commendation Vendor sells two light armor pants for 12 commendations, if you don't have enough, you can repeat the 3 [Heroic 4] quests on alderaan (easy to solo at 50), each quest yields one commendation.

Here are also two screenshots I made with other items that fit well with the pants.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1071/screenshot2011122519441.jpg

Noble Consular Adept Robe

Noble Consular Adept Gloves

Muse Lower Robe

Muse Boots

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7992/screenshot2011122519472.jpg

Anointed Dramassian Vestments

Anointed Vine-Silk Gloves

Enshrouding Force Legwraps

Enshrouding Force Boots

I hope that helps a few people who look for pants.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I agree that robe looks ugly as sin, since all the gear stats come from mods on items that do have mod slots, you can have the exact same stats as the ugly banana tree robe on something else that you already own.

Except of course what you just stated isn't actually true. Lots of gear has base stats on it that are not from mods. Often times they're missing a slot as a result. All of the level 50 PvE and PvP sets are like that.

Banana Shoulders?? Knight in a Dress?!?! You are telling me I am playing a Paladin again??!!?

Make it stop! I thought I had escaped all that! Sigh...

Well the good news this is just the armour from the inital release - meaning we will be dumping it once any new end content is done.

Banana Shoulders?? Knight in a Dress?!?! You are telling me I am playing a Paladin again??!!?

Make it stop! I thought I had escaped all that! Sigh...

Well the good news this is just the armour from the inital release - meaning we will be dumping it once any new end content is done.

Yes. Then we will get a sparkling diamond tiara for our manly characters. If I knew I would have definetely made female consular....

Is this some sort of sick joke?

Yes, my friend. Yes it is. :rolleyes:

Yes. Then we will get a sparkling diamond tiara for our manly characters. If I knew I would have definetely made female consular....

You should have. No fade to black cutscene romance is worth looking like a dude going to halloween party as Queen Amidala.

I'd ten times rather have my sexy jedi stripper in her dancer's outfit.

Edited by Khadroth

Seriously .... my lvl 25 oversized tank is currently wearing a slightly see-through flowing silk dress with matching silken headdress.

Im like running instances yelling moaarrr cc and pay atttteenntion to the marks .... and everyone just giggles!

loling at the thought. I found a pretty decent assortment of gear styles and none of them have been as feminine as the OP's pic. so I'm not sure if a couple of feminine sets for female consulars concerns me just yet.

loling at the thought. I found a pretty decent assortment of gear styles and none of them have been as feminine as the OP's pic. so I'm not sure if a couple of feminine sets for female consulars concerns me just yet.

This isn't a case of a 'couple feminine sets'. This is the endgame PVE gear that all consulars will be striving to get. And you will wear it due to built in stats and set bonuses.

Personally, I think they are disgustingly ugly. There are way better gear models they could have used for the Tier sets.

Ok. Male consulars RISE! For the love of god please hide your hats from preferences. There is an option simular to wow where u can remove displaying your helmet. I just hope they do it for banana shouders now too.....

So now I can be a male white queen! The gear designers rock!

Edited by Lordkoon

I had no trouble finding a couple moddable brown robes w/ hoods that looked pretty sweet.

I only completed one flashpoint and the occasional heroic but the more you do the more often you'll get orange gear for your class.

The Esseles Consulars Robe especially was my favorite for a while.

Also missions that have multi-stage bonus objectives will result in 3 planet commendations and sometimes a piece of orange class gear as a reward.

Commendation vendors and specialty goods vendors tend to have a lot of moddable gear.

Though the specialty goods vendors take cash.

Also, the black bisector story arc on coruscant resulted in another moddable robe/hood much in the same style as the esseles, just more of a reddish brown with a lot of white. (omenbringer I think). Though now I'm sporting the pvp Jedi Promulgators robes, (very dark and awesome looking).

To be honest I really haven't seen that many of the ugly white banana suits some of you have mentioned. Luck of the draw I guess.

Except of course what you just stated isn't actually true. Lots of gear has base stats on it that are not from mods. Often times they're missing a slot as a result. All of the level 50 PvE and PvP sets are like that.

In the dev diary a bit ago they mentioned that purples have the base stat (armor, hilt, barrel) as unremovable but that a seperate mod that takes this place will also exist as a drop. So you could find these endgame mods and make ur orange gear better. Though there will probably be a transitional period where you might have to suck it up and wear the ugly purple until you can mod your orange to be equal or better.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7154/pveconsulargear.jpg

Is this some sort of sick joke? We look like a banana tree and have the most feminine headpiece I have ever seen. It makes my Dark V character look like a fairy princess.

This has got to be the worst looking armor that I have seen in an MMO. And replacing it with orange gear should not be an excuse for this, imo.

I'm a peacock man. you gotta let me fly!!

In the dev diary a bit ago they mentioned that purples have the base stat (armor, hilt, barrel) as unremovable but that a seperate mod that takes this place will also exist as a drop. So you could find these endgame mods and make ur orange gear better. Though there will probably be a transitional period where you might have to suck it up and wear the ugly purple until you can mod your orange to be equal or better.

Regardless of the stats, the Tier sets have 2pc and 4pc bonuses. Unless they change the gear model there isn't anyway around it. We will be wearing them.

Regardless of the stats, the Tier sets have 2pc and 4pc bonuses. Unless they change the gear model there isn't anyway around it. We will be wearing them.

kind of defeats the purpose of moddable gear...

f*** it i say just put in the flippin appearance tab already

My consular is I think body type 1 or 2 so he is a bit small, and a lot of the armor looks kinda silly being so tight. The robes don't look bad nor do the ones with a hoddie. The head gear is by far the worst looking stuff, most of it looking very feminine. Some of them look like freaking tiara's lol, would be hilarious to see that on a body type 3 male.

I hate to jump on this bandwagon but I agree with this thread. I'm having a harder and harder time finding decent clothing and I totally cringe to think what is coming next. Hell, half of the time my hair is floating through my head gear.

By comparison, the JK have all kinds of cool robes. I don't know why they made us look like the Witch of the North from the Wizard of Oz.

I would hope, they allow this to apply to armorings that drop later in the operations. As such you could loot *Sage Armoring 1* that gives you +End/Will, and applies that tier's set bonus to whatever piece of gear you put it in. Of course it would be restricted to that AC.

Though I get the feeling that BW has already decided against it.

Edited by Khadroth

It just feels to me like they only designed the Consular for the Sage. 95% of the robes I used were designed with the Sage class in mind.

Where are my robes with the hood?!?!

Im in T1-T2 raid gear and its not gotten better if anything worse.

Im not sure pink flowing robes go well with an assassin hey maybe there too busy laughing at you to notice that your about to put a lightsaber through there chest?

The only way I have avoided this is by using the robes from the very first instance and just keep modding it!