PvE Consular gear is horrendously ugly

eNcFireWraith

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, the Empire has the best armor looks. The only real option to look good as Republic is to go with the Social gear. Problem is, if you don't like to group with people, you are not going to level "Social".

See this for pics of the different social gear. I like to use the slave outfit and the one from Coruscant for my Light armor wearers. Social Gear Pics

Edited by Dalmorn

Btw, anyone else feel almost all the boots in game are a bit... big? Can understand tank classes wearing heavier armor, but consular who is supposed to maintain agility with light clothing looks a bit funny wearing some sort of safety boots :) Edited by Freor

Hoth social gear :)

That's what I did :) I'll post a screenshot later but I am currently wearing a moddable metal circlet, hoth social body/pants, moddable gloves from Voss and moddable feet from a Flashpoint.

She looks comfy and interesting and like she can actually move around. She also looks less like a healer so for people who don't know her, her life expectancy in Warzones is higher :D

I have to agree. The consular gear is horrible. I have never complained about an armor set in a mmo before but this is just bad. I am actually looking forward to getting the pvp gear so i can look like a homeless drifter so I don't have to wear the wedding dress designed by elton john.

I'm thinking.... A blind clown from a Hungarian gypsy caravan found a few lamp shades, glued them to a bed spread, wrapped them around a design dummy then placed an Asian ornamental fan on the head.

Yep, I'm a silent shadow killer that looks like Ru Paul and Lady Gaga dressed me up.

Kill me now please god, just kill me....

I want to know why shadow's are running about in skirts, realistically they should have the most room for movement possible, i would find it difficult to run about in a skirt.

William Wallace ran around in a skirt, and he killed people just fine.

However, he was not forced to dress up like a hobo or lady gaga.

ya lol female ones looks as if right, but the male- makes me want to kill them faster so that they dont need to stand in shame - looks like a crosdresser!!:D

assassins- just witch part of that dress says "i am an assassin- fear me"?

warrior- walking can opener..

tho- the knights helmet is silly too...

just who designs them??

but for me- the ANT helmet of my hunter (pvp champ gear)- shame over my face :(

(and all they should change- make it look like the battlemaster one but with red visor)

Edited by xPyro

William Wallace ran around in a skirt, and he killed people just fine.

However, he was not forced to dress up like a hobo or lady gaga.

A blue faced skirt wearing two-handed sword wielding scottsman is nothing to take lightly.

Someone from the Vatican with a glow stick....not so much.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7154/pveconsulargear.jpg

Is this some sort of sick joke? We look like a banana tree and have the most feminine headpiece I have ever seen. It makes my Dark V character look like a fairy princess.

This has got to be the worst looking armor that I have seen in an MMO. And replacing it with orange gear should not be an excuse for this, imo.

Haha, yeah columi gear, and tionese (rakata included I thing) look really weird. I dunno why, but yeah. Oh and you can hide your hat in preferences if that will help your look.

the point is- ur spending hours to get that gear set- and u need to hide your helmet in shame??- that's just not cool

this is the first game i am ashamed to show in public in my endgame armor (champion pvp bounty hunter eliminator gear) set!!!

and "hide head in sand" option in setting does not solve the "i need to wear skirt" issue

(well- if i could transfer the set bonus and expertise bonus to other armor/change armor looks- i wouldn't need to whine here cuz i would be able to affect the ugliness of armor, but this wont be done in ages with all the other buggs that need to be dealt with to even hope bioware will work on aesthetics/versatility of armor)

Edited by xPyro

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7154/pveconsulargear.jpg

Is this some sort of sick joke? We look like a banana tree and have the most feminine headpiece I have ever seen. It makes my Dark V character look like a fairy princess.

This has got to be the worst looking armor that I have seen in an MMO. And replacing it with orange gear should not be an excuse for this, imo.

yeah, also the Inquisitor ones look YEARS BETTER, as always

• 3 weeks later...
I don't mind the pvp gear, it's consistent with what we've had for the last 50 levels, the belt is kinda whacked, though. The PvE gear, are you effing kidding me? What's with the pads everywhere? Have we been committed? And the coloring, uggh, why? And the hat?!! Who the hell came up with this? And not only is it absolutely god awful fugly the different sets are just different coloration of the same ugly design! Which wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I spent quite a bit of my time leveling my shadow only to have to wear 70s-esque plastic table cloth turned robe. I don't want to even hear complaining about the jedi knight stuff, compared to what consulars have to wear it's pretty much amazing. I hope the designer was fired, srsly. And I usually don't really care about this kind of stuff, but this is over the top ridiculous. Isn't there some kind of QC with the devs?

I don't mind the pvp gear, it's consistent with what we've had for the last 50 levels, the belt is kinda whacked, though. The PvE gear, are you effing kidding me? What's with the pads everywhere? Have we been committed? And the coloring, uggh, why? And the hat?!! Who the hell came up with this? And not only is it absolutely god awful fugly the different sets are just different coloration of the same ugly design! Which wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I spent quite a bit of my time leveling my shadow only to have to wear 70s-esque plastic table cloth turned robe. I don't want to even hear complaining about the jedi knight stuff, compared to what consulars have to wear it's pretty much amazing. I hope the designer was fired, srsly. And I usually don't really care about this kind of stuff, but this is over the top ridiculous. Isn't there some kind of QC with the devs?

Sticky this. Now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.