My experience with elite raiders.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No real content in my post but more of an open letter of thanks to most progression guilds. Compared to the many MMO's I have played this game has by far the most friendly and sociable hardcore raiding scene. Yes there are some rivalries but that's expected when a large number of passionate people are brought together. PTS is always a pleasure ^^

It's nice to see this thread, I'm glad not everybody's first experience with "Hardcore" raiders was like mine where 12/16 people were elitist jerk offs.

I guess this has changed my view. First impressions are the most important, but it's nice to be proven wrong time to time ;)

From somebody that raids strictly for fun, thanks to all the nice people out there for making raids more enjoyable.

Edit: Grappling the exploding droids into the group and wiping the raid is a great way to break the ice.

Edited by xxSHOONYxx

Nice to see this group, regarding the comments that not many get the DP titles, the explanation is simple : some of us can't raid anymore because we lack people. So goodluck with your project yolo and hope your group doesn't go through the 'LF1 DPS for our NiM group' phase :D.

Nice to see this group, regarding the comments that not many get the DP titles, the explanation is simple : some of us can't raid anymore because we lack people. So goodluck with your project yolo and hope your group doesn't go through the 'LF1 DPS for our NiM group' phase :D.

Not sure where on this thread anyone spoke about DP NiM titles, but okie dokie. May be on the stream, but whatevs.

Was a pleasure raiding with you man. #pugs4life

From experience, pugging is quite unreliable, especially with a heavily story driven mmo like this game, where all story is skipped and forced upon everyone, even if you haven't seen it before.

From experience, pugging is quite unreliable, especially with a heavily story driven mmo like this game, where all story is skipped and forced upon everyone, even if you haven't seen it before.

I often had these experiewnces as well.

Raideres just don't like story players at all.

My very first run of Denova was HM. The leader told us - 2-3 newbies in that OP - that HM wasn't that different from SM, so we could do HM anyway ...

They were far too fast for me, a story player. At one point I couldn't use an elevator because they were already fighting ... "What was it ? I would have liked to see it !" "It was only trash." How dare they self-righteously judge over me what I should see and what not ? Especially since I had *never* seen that OP ever before ?

This has further damaged their reputation for me. Raiders who don't respect other people and other play styles is an "no-go" for me.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

My very first run of Denova was HM. The leader told us - 2-3 newbies in that OP - that HM wasn't that different from SM, so we could do HM anyway ...

They were far too fast for me, a story player. At one point I couldn't use an elevator because they were already fighting ... "What was it ? I would have liked to see it !" "It was only trash." How dare they self-righteously judge over me what I should see and what not ? Especially since I had *never* seen that OP ever before ?

This has further damaged their reputation for me. Raiders who don't respect other people and other play styles is an "no-go" for me.

Ever considered that it was you who did not respect their style of play? Time is precious to some people, you value story over it and that's fine but since you play with other people and were probably the only one interested in tourism rather than fighting there...sorry, democracy at it's best (or worst).

If I want a lore-friendly run I go with my guldies or a friend to duo a flashpoint, in a pug group if someone wants to skip...I skip.

That's your problem and your own fault for partaking in Hard Mode. If you really wanted to experience Denova Story, you would have better off running Story Mode for that particular reason.

Don't blame on what you imply "elitist jerks" because Hard Mode is meant for people who want a little challenge and gear to prep up to smash Nightmare Tier. You can say they don't respect your way of experiencing story, but I can say you don't respect their way of clearing content as fast as possible. Quit voicing your complaints against them in public when the OP is expressing his gratitude towards awesome raiders.

Edited by DieGhostDie

LoL, cause you missed a trash pull? How dare those elitist pigs, fascists!!! We shall put them up against the wall!

Come on man, this was a positive thread and someone always has to come in and trash us, cause they had a bad time on a *PUG* run. If that turned you off from raiding man, it's probably for the best. You never mentioned if you asked at the start that you wanted to see the story and scenes. I know I wouldn't have a problem with it, or most folks I know. Closed mouths don't get fed. Were not mind readers. Also, you were in a hard mode. Your a self-titled story player. Hard mode isn't really for the story, it's for progressing. "How dare they.." that's rich.