Going to make this short and quick!

Nickodemous

For those of you whom may have left a pvp server, for a pve server....I am sorry.

Why would would do that?

Mediocraty....only anwser I have. Listening to those who jumped right in to play Wildstar, well, they will be back. The game is no good. Depending on what the ego maniac pvpers have to say is ridiculous, start thinking for yourselves.

There is nothing a pve server has to offer, ultimately, from what I have found, it is an example of people who could not cut it on a pvp server rolling back on a pve server. Good show.

In the end, I am not knocking anyone. Just asking that you all THINK before you all go scurrying off. It is your money.

Cheers!

Edited by Nickodemous

Well I left to a pve server because of the constant company of *****eads patrolling around because theyre max level and bored so they decide to go find lowbies to kill. I love open world pvp but its never someone my own level that jumps me

Thats bad i agree there should be a GW2 systemlike where if you are in a underleved place you should be underleved as well, that would help with a lot of the griefing

There are no opposing faction players on the fleet where I spend all of my mine anyway, in pvp, everyone is flagged anyway. And during leveling I don't encounter opposite faction players either.. usually I don't encounter anyone at all.

So really there's no difference between server types.

There are no opposing faction players on the fleet where I spend all of my mine anyway, in pvp, everyone is flagged anyway. And during leveling I don't encounter opposite faction players either.. usually I don't encounter anyone at all.

So really there's no difference between server types.

Only difference with a pvp server is less reason to not queue ranked.

as long as they dont server merge pot5, a transfer might very well be worth it.

i paid to get rid of pot5, worst pvp there imo. i would be really annoyed if they merged those people back to my experience.

Edited by feuer

Cant cut it on a pvp server.......lulz.

PvP server only gives you one thing, the ability to freely gank people who cannot possibly beat you.

Other than that, their is no difference.

Edit: da hell, you have toons on a pve server, im so done with this thread.

So done.

Edited by Haystak

Mediocraty....only anwser I have. Listening to those who jumped right in to play Wildstar, well, they will be back. The game is no good.

Wildstar is incredibly lame. But, I should have known better than to play another Limited Action Set game. Gets boring, fast.

And yea, the pvp sucks ***.

And, for the record, I moved from pvp to pve for the same reason given above. Max level gankers in lowbie zones. No point in putting up with it.

Edited by Vember

For those of you whom may have left a pvp server, for a pve server....I am sorry.

Why would would do that?

Mediocraty....only anwser I have. Listening to those who jumped right in to play Wildstar, well, they will be back. The game is no good. Depending on what the ego maniac pvpers have to say is ridiculous, start thinking for yourselves.

There is nothing a pve server has to offer, ultimately, from what I have found, it is an example of people who could not cut it on a pvp server rolling back on a pve server. Good show.

In the end, I am not knocking anyone. Just asking that you all THINK before you all go scurrying off. It is your money.

Cheers!

Too funny.

PS: IB PoT5 is dying.

PSS: There is NO difference between PvP and PvE servers anymore, other than minor details.

Welcome to TOR noob.

Edited by Pistols

PSS: There is NO difference between PvP and PvE servers anymore, other than minor details.

I actually think there is a pretty significant difference between server types. Between all the OPvP fights I've been in on Oricon, Czerka, Ilum, Section X, Tatooine etc., there is definitely a difference. It may not be OPvP all-the-time, but the action does happen and is quite fun when it does. It does require leaving Fleet to participate in such activity, and that is something most players rarely seem to do.

I also expect there is going to be a lot more OPvP activity when the new Galactic Strongold/Guild Ship planetary conquest stuff releases. Of course, I am assuming there will still be peeps playing the game and PvP Servers still be open when the GS xpac hits. That's no guarantee at this point.

Edited by DarthOvertone

I also expect there is going to be a lot more OPvP activity when the new Galactic Strongold/Guild Ship planetary conquest stuff releases. Of course, I am assuming there will still be peeps playing the game and PvP Servers still be open when the GS xpac hits. That's no guarantee at this point.

I actually HIGHLY doubt this will be the case. OWPvP in this game kills the game and crashes the server. Until the engine's performance is altered to where it can handle more than 8v8, they'd be fools to try to force OWPvP in the housing areas.

I actually HIGHLY doubt this will be the case. OWPvP in this game kills the game and crashes the server. Until the engine's performance is altered to where it can handle more than 8v8, they'd be fools to try to force OWPvP in the housing areas.

have more than 8v8 owPVP all the time with no problems. even at launch in ilum( which was a poorly optimized zone ) the game could handle more than 8v8.

I get that you want 'cool points' for being critical, but cant take you seriously when you constantly exaggerate things.

have more than 8v8 owPVP all the time with no problems. even at launch in ilum( which was a poorly optimized zone ) the game could handle more than 8v8.

I get that you want 'cool points' for being critical, but cant take you seriously when you constantly exaggerate things.

All the time huh? How many Mia? Everyone is fine too or are you assuming? 12v12 is where it begins to chug for most people, much more crashes the server. Better? I'm not exaggerating to make a point either, I'm going by what THEY say - hell, you can't have more than 50 active missions without creating server lag (their excuse, not mine) or 500 guild members without creating server lag (their reason, not mine) and they couldn't make a 16 man GF for Ops because it brings servers to a crawl (their excuse, not mine) - I'm just being honest about why I don't think they'd EVER make housing in a PvP type area.

And I can't take you seriously when you belittle anyone who dare criticize SWTOR. :rolleyes:

All the time huh? How many Mia? Everyone is fine too or are you assuming? 12v12 is where it begins to chug for most people, much more crashes the server. Better? I'm not exaggerating to make a point either, I'm going by what THEY say - hell, you can't have more than 50 active missions without creating server lag (their excuse, not mine) or 500 guild members without creating server lag (their reason, not mine) and they couldn't make a 16 man GF for Ops because it brings servers to a crawl (their excuse, not mine) - I'm just being honest about why I don't think they'd EVER make housing in a PvP type area.

again, more exaggerations. if 12v12 causes the game to lag then the problem is on your end. even at launch, we would have 12+v12+s in old ilum happening all the time with no problems. would start to turn into a slide show when the numbers got up to 40 v 40 zergs but 20v20 or less has always been fine. last gree event had plenty of 12+v12+ with no problems.

I have no idea if housing will have any type of PVP area. but, it does sound like the guild planet conquer missions will allow for some fun OWPVP on PVP servers.

again, more exaggerations. if 12v12 causes the game to lag then the problem is on your end. even at launch, we would have 12+v12+s in old ilum happening all the time with no problems. would start to turn into a slide show when the numbers got up to 40 v 40 zergs but 20v20 or less has always been fine. last gree event had plenty of 12+v12+ with no problems.

I have no idea if housing will have any type of PVP area. but, it does sound like the guild planet conquer missions will allow for some fun OWPVP on PVP servers.

I guess all those threads and complaints and videos on YT about FPS lag with anything bigger than 8v8 was just a figment of my imagination. :rolleyes:

BTW, WPvP in this game is dead.

I guess all those threads and complaints and videos on YT about FPS lag with anything bigger than 8v8 was just a figment of my imagination. :rolleyes:

BTW, WPvP in this game is dead.

I partake in OWPVP every day. maybe you should leave fleet once in a while.

You didn't answer my questions. I would even argue that the game ran better at launch in many ways than it does now. 20v20 was fine on Ilum for me too...but these days, you can't get much more than 12v12 without lag where I've tried it.

You didn't answer my questions. I would even argue that the game ran better at launch in many ways than it does now. 20v20 was fine on Ilum for me too...but these days, you can't get much more than 12v12 without lag where I've tried it.

what questions?

just yesterday we had some PVP on oricon that was 10 or 12 vs 10 or 12. I didn't lag and I didn't see anyone complaining about lagging. if you are lagging with more that 8v8 now, maybe some of the new shadow settings/options are not agreeing with your graphics card or drivers?