What's the point in having an in game wife if I can't interact with her?

masterlorak

This is a video game...what more do you really want to do? Specifically asking about "romance"...gimme some examples because the only things I can think of would be weird and uncalled for. It's not REALLY a relationship at all...it's a story driven 'romance arc' and you finished it...what could you possibly be looking for?

I would offer a few different quests for each romance companion. Something like:

1) DATE NIGHT: Randomly but no less than once a week, companion has quest available. Companion has: 1) Tickets to show in Coruscant/DK; or dinner reservations on Alderaan; etc.

2) WITH BENEFITS: Companion wants affection/sexy time/bondage (Jaesa anyway :jawa_tongue: ) and tempts you with their feminine/male wiles to your ship or stronghold.

3) AND BABY MAKES THREE!: You can guess, but new little Jedi/Sith/Hunter/Trooper/Smuggler/Agent comes to join the family. Quest chain has a few baby convos and then about a month later in real time, baby is born and promptly sent to live in the character's stronghold as the character's normal life is a bit fraught with danger.

Edited by Master-Nala

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IKR:

"I love you!"

"Let's get married after the war!"

"Great idea!"

*Never speak to each other for the next 2 years*

sounds like the perfect relationship :p

Agree with OP

even not stories but some sort of recognizance if you took the marriage route

I would offer a few different quests for each romance companion. Something like:

1) DATE NIGHT: Randomly but no less than once a week, companion has quest available. Companion has: 1) Tickets to show in Coruscant/DK; or dinner reservations on Alderaan; etc.

2) WITH BENEFITS: Companion wants affection/sexy time/bondage (Jaesa anyway :jawa_tongue: ) and tempts you with their feminine/male wiles to your ship or stronghold.

3) AND BABY MAKES THREE!: You can guess, but new little Jedi/Sith/Hunter/Trooper/Smuggler/Agent comes to join the family. Quest chain has a few baby convos and then about a month later in real time, baby is born and promptly sent to live in the character's stronghold as the character's normal life is a bit fraught with danger.

Sounds more like The Sims the Old Republic.

I'd like more companion interaction too, but don't particularly favor companions that my characters are married to over the others. Most of my characters aren't actually married, but I like to think that they are close to the companions they run with, in a non-romantic way.

New Companion conversations are probably unlikely, but I do really wish they'd add new sets of "canned" lines for each Companion. There should be three sets for each one:

- Default: when you get them

- Maxed affection: after they warm up to you/are your friend

- Romanced: after you've completed their romance arc

Of course, there may not need to be a lot of difference for some Companions, but others are quite standoffish when you first get them. Changing their default lines later on would help it seem more like all those conversations actually happened and weren't just a dream your character had, lol.

That sounds like a good idea actually, hearing your companions drone on and on with the same lines gets rather annoying.

We need more story lines for the companions, specifically the romance ones, its like a long distance relationship with the amount we actually talk!

Do not forget the "What's the point of having Nadia, Jaessa, Mako, Elara, Kira, Risha, Vette, Kaliyo and Ashara if I can't marry them just because my character is female".

Code it in, BioWare. Then slap it on the CM and sell for thousands of CC's. Watch the money flow in. Install an anti-cartoon-duck system into your cash vaults. gg

Edited by slafko

Well, BioWARE tried to cut costs by writing letters. It is better than nothing. Yet, frankly, there are other relatively simple solutions to interject spice into the married life (as well as more letters).

1. Soundset lines - as mentioned, plus a random rare choice when you might net a quick sweet cutscene on click. A quick kiss, hug, wave... whatever.

2. So called 'lovetalks in waiting' - your basic 'scenery commentary' that take on a romantic coloration when triggered for the first time. You stepped out of the port of Nar Shaadda with your spouse? Wouldn't it be sweet if Riggs walked to the railing and asked a passing droid to take a snapshot of both of you against that stunning background.

3. The boring areas spice ups - Honestly, if there were Flirting terminals in the god-awful Orbital stations I would not mind them that much. "let's stop for a moment' and have a romantic moment... for a change.

The Cadillac solution though remains the integration of your relationship into the body of the quests, with sub-chains that allow a player who plays with the romantic companion to have a loving exchange if desired on characters interjection. Particularly when the going gets tough, when the planets get deserted, having 2-3 of those per planet would be nice. Just to feel that someone supports the PC in his/her struggle against the overwhelming mobs!

Sounds more like The Sims the Old Republic.

I think that's what it is they want a WooHoo option, and then a baby. I can see the promo now:

The odds of the baby's outcome will be effected by the parent's light and dark side ratings. Will your baby suddenly start moving objects around and suddenly convincing you it really doesn't need a nap, with a waive of its hand?

Or will it start force choking you for its bop-bop? Only time will tell.

So many possibilities. Police called to your Stronghold yet again for another domestic dispute

cat fight between Jaesa and Vette.

Complete with the little dust cloud and the fists and feet coming out of it.

Edited by Code_Airwolf

I'd like more companion interaction too, but don't particularly favor companions that my characters are married to over the others. Most of my characters aren't actually married, but I like to think that they are close to the companions they run with, in a non-romantic way.

New Companion conversations are probably unlikely, but I do really wish they'd add new sets of "canned" lines for each Companion. There should be three sets for each one:

- Default: when you get them

- Maxed affection: after they warm up to you/are your friend

- Romanced: after you've completed their romance arc

Of course, there may not need to be a lot of difference for some Companions, but others are quite standoffish when you first get them. Changing their default lines later on would help it seem more like all those conversations actually happened and weren't just a dream your character had, lol.

Even this would be an improvement.

I wish all of the companions didn't live in bubbles and were completely oblivious to your actions or force alignment. Instead they only ever talk to you based on "affection" most likely earned via "gifts". It completely ruins the "story focused" content they were advertising at launch. Frustratingly shallow.

It would have been nice if you had influence over their personalities.

(Still waiting for the never coming SGR patch)