The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Item to Unlock Mods!

vemerce

There are tons of unique gear appearances that are available in green and blue items that cannot be modded.

We already know from several green companion weapons that every item in this game is composed of at least three mod slots.

Sell us an item in the Cartel Market that allows us to unlock a green or blue item's mod slots so that we can use those unique art assets.

It saves BioWare time (by not having to reskin all of those items and sell them individually), gives people another reason to play the game and adds value to greens and blues. Additionally, BioWare would make a ton of money selling the mod slot unlockers.

EDIT: Additionally, this would be a great boon to player crafting, which has been severely harmed by the Cartel Market. Crafters could then market something other than the VERY few oranges they can create. Greens, Blues, and Purples that had been previously unable to be modded would have their value increase exponentially... For a while, at least. And if it was implemented in this way, BioWare would still profit as well.

Please seriously consider making this happen.

Edited by vemerce

Fully support this. Any greens I vendor and any blues I occasionally sell on gtn or just vendor them again. For my charqcters I just end up buying some cm adaptive gear and switching mods out. If I could unlock greens to make them actually useful that would be great :)

I would agree with this, but I don't think it will happen. Some of those appearances get recycled into reputation or CM gear.

For example, the aspiring knight appearance set had a lot of green/blue items in the early levels in that appearance. There is a Voss style belt that's on their rep vendor that is also a blue non-moddable item. I grinded out Voss rep just for that belt.

There is a thread already here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=731747

That details an appearance tab, where you could put any gear you want overtop of your main gear. This would allow you to stylize your character with any piece of gear you'd like.

9 pages and many views. No response from Bioware. There have been many threads along similar lines with similar goals, but no reply from Bioware.

I've been talking to people on Twitter and also in the game. So far, everyone has been in favor of something like this coming to SWTOR. The only apprehension that anyone has expressed is worry that BioWare may not have the structure to actually implement the change.

Since making my original post, I have received feedback that my title may not have been the best one to select (so I'm going to "rename" the thread) and also I've realized that this would be a big boon to crafters, so I've edited my original post to reflect that.

Awesome contributions guys, let's keep telling BioWare how nice this would be!

EDIT: I've tried to rename the thread and it didn't update instantly... So if it still has the old name... I tried.

Edited by vemerce

• 2 weeks later...