SWTOR - false advertising, or did I miss something?

BuriDogshin

The little ESRB blob in the bottom right of our forum screens says "Blood and Gore."

Really, BW? Where? Did I miss just it or is there some setting I have to change to see it? :rak_02:

There are torture scenes in the game... that goes under the blood and gore section in the ESRB...

Also, ESRB is not advertising :rolleyes:

The little ESRB blob in the bottom right of our forum screens says "Blood and Gore."

Really, BW? Where? Did I miss just it or is there some setting I have to change to see it? :rak_02:

It's really not that hard to figure out why ESRB rates games the way they do. They literally say it right on their site.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=31564

Some sequences depict brief instances of blood and gore: to complete one quest, players must dip a skull in a pool of blood; in another mission, players deliver a severed head to a specific location and place it on a pike.

Also, since when did BioWare have anything to do with ESRB's ratings?

Undying-Rage talking to OddballEasyEight is like talking to wall no matter how much proof you offer him he won't listen. BW can do no wrong in his eyes. BW could give him sugar covered bantha dropping and call it a cake and he'll tell you its the greatest cake ever.

Was this necessary? :t_confused: He gave a reasonable response (which is also correct). Why be all antagonistic?

Undying-Rage talking to OddballEasyEight is like talking to wall no matter how much proof you offer him he won't listen. BW can do no wrong in his eyes. BW could give him sugar covered bantha dropping and call it a cake and he'll tell you its the greatest cake ever.

This wasn't necessary at all, especially when his response was correct...

way to go too far whatever you think of him attack his ideas and not him, and if you feel he is attacking you or others then report him instead of attacking him otherwise you are no better

Edited by Sangrar

The dismemberment was so satisfying in Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Not to sound like a serial killer, typically I hate excess gore. I wish for this in every game I play, as well the ambient detection of the user's lightsaber (i.e. it scouring trails in the walls if you're running too close)...of course this isn't really possible in an MMO, as heads would be rolling left and right around the GTN.

(I laugh to myself imagining vehicle collision detection on fleet)

Edited by Kremsau

The dismemberment was so satisfying in Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Not to sound like a serial killer, typically I hate excess gore. I wish for this in every game I play, as well the ambient detection of the user's lightsaber (i.e. it scouring trails in the walls if you're running too close)...of course this isn't really possible in an MMO, as heads would be rolling left and right around the GTN.

(I laugh to myself imagining vehicle collision detection on fleet)

Damn... now you made me want to play Jedi Academy again :D

Heck, I might even give Force Unleashed 1 and 2 a try, despite me not liking them because of the overdone force effects... (I mean, come on! The guy could likely kill the emperor with his little finger if you go by the fights in-game)

OP. Yes, you missed something: The definition of "false advertising." Here, read up on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising Now read about what your concern is: http://www.esrb.org/index-js.jsp

For all that tort law is not an area of law I practice in, I still find being referred to Wikipedia for a so-called definition of the term awfully precious. I prefer precedential opinion, statutory text, or in extremis one of the thick treatises on the subject. YMMV.

Also, it appears you are taking the original post seriously. I'd advise against that.

What :eek: You never seen the spatter when using blasters or the gaping hole when you use a saber?

Granted, they don't persist long, but I definitely get to see a gaping red hole with glowing edges when I spike an opponent :D

Just another terrible excuse to blame Bioware for something out of their control. "Power outage, really Bioware?" "Thanks Bioware, the LA Kings beat New York unsubbing asap."

LOL! Nice Rangers reference there... The one thing I did not expect to see in these forums.

+1

LOL! Nice Rangers reference there... The one thing I did not expect to see in these forums.

+1

My team may have s*** the bed this season and missed the playoffs but hockey is in my blood. I had to try get a Hockey reference in there. :rak_03:

My team may have s*** the bed this season and missed the playoffs but hockey is in my blood. I had to try get a Hockey reference in there. :rak_03:

Trust me when I tell you that not making the playoffs is better than consecutive overtime losses in the finals. Lol.

well korriban early on you have to dip a skull in blood, and there is also a couple severed heads lying around with the occasional blood stain / dead body / crime scene to be found so blood and gore really isn't that far fetched, especially to go as far as making a pointless thread as a cheep shot at the game

well korriban early on you have to dip a skull in blood, and there is also a couple severed heads lying around with the occasional blood stain / dead body / crime scene to be found so blood and gore really isn't that far fetched, especially to go as far as making a pointless thread as a cheep shot at the game

Feh, that's like saying a game has full-frontal nudity because a museum in the game includes Michelangelo's David.

I expected gibs. And what did I get instead?

A skull from Hamlet, a pool of red dye, holes in clothing, and a bunch of stories!

I am TOTALLY not SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!

The game developers don't write the ESRB notice. The ESRB does. If you have a problem with what's on there, take it up with them.

The game developers don't write the ESRB notice. The ESRB does. If you have a problem with what's on there, take it up with them.

this lol

Also I will point out that it wasn't always like that. For those of us that remember beta, those where not there, that ESRB warning came later.

Edited by Zoom_VI

There are torture scenes in the game... that goes under the blood and gore section in the ESRB...

Also, ESRB is not advertising :rolleyes:

Actually, that goes under Adult Situations more so than Blood and Gore. Agree that ESRB is not advertising :p

Edited by Rothie