whats new in 2.9?

GavinPatterson

i don't believe stongholds will be in 2.9 it will get delayed yet again, The only thing 2.9 will contain is an old fp being converted in to a tactical fp. bioware is milking this game dry.

i am willing to bet 500k credits that 2.9 will contain stronghold and that it will be on time.

Edited by loversoftwileks

i don't believe stongholds will be in 2.9 it will get delayed yet again, The only thing 2.9 will contain is an old fp being converted in to a tactical fp. bioware is milking this game dry.

I don't believe that you will admit you were wrong when strongholds comes out in 2.9 and instead complain about something else and keep claiming that they are milking the game :rolleyes:

I don't believe that you will admit you were wrong when strongholds comes out in 2.9 and instead complain about something else and keep claiming that they are milking the game :rolleyes:

They are already milking the game. That has nothing to do with Strongholds coming with 2.9

They are already milking the game. That has nothing to do with Strongholds coming with 2.9

if you mean with cc's and such, let me just say, milking implies that we as human beings do not have a choice when spending out hard earned money on what we please. That coming from a guy who never spent a dim on cc's, just my sub.

What are you talking about old flashpoint? We are getting a new one that is the Mannan Flashpoint. Please get your facts straight before posting.

if you mean with cc's and such, let me just say, milking implies that we as human beings do not have a choice when spending out hard earned money on what we please. That coming from a guy who never spent a dim on cc's, just my sub.

No, CCs are totally fine and I support every attempt to increase revenue. What I don't agree is the investment they put in the game back. They do not have enough resources and it is showing. Bugs are not being caught or fixed on time. Amount of new content (that requires more work) is declining. Customer service is getting even worse. These are signs of milking the game to me.

Blue Milking this game?

I bet 1 Credit guild ships are delayed indefinitely. There's no way they can make that work properly if they can't even get 16m SM GF to work.

Edited by Flixx
Grammar

Blue Milking this game?

I bet 1 Credit guild ships are delayed indefinitely. There's no way they can make that work properly if they can't even get 16m SM GF to work.

This last cantina event, Musco said details on housing and guild ships will be forthcoming at the end of this month.

This last cantina event, Musco said details on housing and guild ships will be forthcoming at the end of this month.

I have no doubt that they are trying to get it to us on time. I hope I'm wrong but too many times have things been either delayed and or just taken away either last minute or shortly after releasing it because they are unable to fix it. Housing I think is easier for them and was a priority with other games having done it, but guild ships seems a bit much for Bioware to accomplish. I really feel the better parts of this game were already in development before 2011 and blue milking and CM is now the priority.

You've certainly got a point. How THAT single issue could cause so many problems is beyond me...and sad.

You've certainly got a point. How THAT single issue could cause so many problems is beyond me...and sad.

Truth be told, assuming they did test it in a controlled environment - which was for sure the case - I guess that the updated GF wasn't exactly ready for the stress inflicted by the Live servers.

Regardless, it is their fault(!) if more people didn't actually test the updated version of the Group Finder.

Nowadays, most people have ZERO(!!!) incentive to check the PTS, outside spending a couple of hours having a look at the new content, when there's actually new content at all. :rolleyes:

It's not beyond me, but perhaps I know more about software engineering than you do.

That's very possible. Perhaps you have a theory on why a 16 man GF queue brought the game to a grinding halt and 8 man doesn't?

Edited by TUXs

Keep dreaming :rolleyes:

They are milking this game and we all know it. You can continue to be in denial about that fact, it's up to you, I'm not one to judge. :rolleyes:

You haven't ever worked with any computer programming of any serious complexity have you? You would be amazed at how spectacularly good random tiny bugs are at screwing everything up.

Edited by Zoom_VI

You haven't ever worked with any computer programming of any serious complexity have you? You would be amazed at how spectacularly good random tiny bugs are at screwing everything up.

I did. And not preventing those bugs was always considered as incompetency.

Yet you are judging by saying they are milking the game.

That's not really a judgement. It's a statement of fact. Bioware/EA are trying to get as much money out of this game as possible, and right now it seems to be their main objective above others. They are a business after all.

That's not really a judgement. It's a statement of fact. Bioware/EA are trying to get as much money out of this game as possible, and right now it seems to be their main objective above others. They are a business after all.

Your opinion is a guess and does not make it a fact. So it is actually Judgement.

That's very possible. Perhaps you have a theory on why a 16 man GF queue brought the game to a grinding halt and 8 man doesn't?

Yep. The use of an algorithm with high-order time or space complexity that was designed for 8 man, not 16.

GF is pretty complex, what with pre-mades, ignore lists, and people entering with two roles selected.

A brute-force algorithm with Order(N!) complexity might have been a good choice for 8 man, but a disaster for 16.