Horror Stories from the Night life event!!!!

fushnchips

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My horror story is actually from before this event: I spent hours and hours and hours of time running Czerka to get a legacy-bound orange sword(you need Champ reputation to buy it for 250.000), only to find out that you can now spend like ~70k, win two golden certificates and buy a legacy-bound sword practically for free! Grrrr.

Anyway. I spent like 150-200k on the Progenitor, won 4 certificates, got a bound lightsaber and a pistol, and that's probably it for me. On my main server, Red Eclipse, I want to buy the legacy-bound suit, because it's actually pretty this time. Spent about 350k, got about seven or eight certificates already. (The horror is, I'll probably keep playing until I get the rancor, just because almost everyone does, and the gambling chat is addictive).

Still wish they allowed us to change chips for money. Especially kingpin chips. :)

Only got two golden ticket things. But that's okay, I didn't spend any money on this, just used the complimentary chips, plus some Warzone comms I had lying around. I'm not going to fall for their trap and piss all my money away when there is an expansion around the corner that's likely to be a big money sink itself.

I only wanted the HK customization, so I'm happy.

Edited by PLynkes

I spent about 180k and got 5 gold certificates. Then I realised I didn't want any of the stuff from it, maybe one of the weapons, so I'm done.

Was a fun couple of hours, back to other stuff now.

This basically. Only got the Blasterpistol... then realized it has some weirdish shader issues on what I believe is supposed to be metal... but looks... snowish.

I think I gave it to Mako...

I don't like the rancor.

I don't want anything else from the list right now.

So yep - done. And glad about it, because the slotmachines were kind of mind-numbing.

The Rancor you win gambling is IMHO the best looking.

hmm... interesting. I didn't know there was much of a difference. Time to check Dulfy's and see how they are different. :)

BTW, I have spent about 2 million gambling, no rancor, but I have several of the other mounts that awesome cannon, the Tommy Gun Rifle, and a couple of pieces of the armor (like that hat btw). So.... I feel like it has been well worth the effort.

Sorry OP, I know you were looking for horror stories, but tbh, I'm not sure how there could be a horror story since you freely spend what you want on this.

A horror story would be to win a Rancor and have the game glitch out and not receive it.

what I would do is save up money for the rancor on the gtn, because there is not guarantee at all no matter how much money you put in there that you will win a Rancor, some people can get lucky, but there is a reason that when one guy wins a rancor 15 other guys in chat shout "I hate you I already spent 4 mill on this!!!"

Key word: achievements

Would buying the cartel rancor give him the missing event achievements? - No.

Day 1. About 1 million total. 3 Magnus mounts, 30 tickets and a rancor

Since then, probably 500k going for rancor #2 and so far squadoosh, maybe 10 certs and 0 mounts

Edited by curulz
Forgot to add about 20 converted cartel certificates which reduced actual credits spent

Day 1. About 1 million total. 3 Magnus mounts, 30 tickets and a rancor

Since then, probably 500k going for rancor #2 and so far squadoosh, maybe 10 certs and 0 mounts

Not bad on that first day. I wonder if they changed the rng?

I have noticed that getting Kingpin chips is pretty random... you have to win... but you do not need a jackpot with the smuggler machines. However the smuggler machine however does not always grant a jackpot... you can hit jackpot line up perfectly multiple times and not win a single gold certificate. Seen same thing with the kingpins... the jackpot is not always 100%.. I have hit it multiple times and got nothing but the chip back.. so I think that while I can get my kingpin chips easy... getting the actual jackpot is random...

The slot machine display is not an indicator of a jackpot or of anything else except a win or loss. You can test this for yourself. The "Feeling Lucky" buff only applies to Kingpin slots and only lasts until you win a Gold Cert. Your buff disappears the instant you click a slot that is going to give you a Gold Cert 3 seconds later. The RNG plays out instantly as you click it and the display is just a graphical representation. Line up the arrows and lines all you want, is means nothing.

I HATE THIS EVENT!!! HATED IT HATED IT HATED IT!!!! Bioware suckered me in and forced me to spend all freaking weekend there playing the stoopid machines, just trying to win coins to play the other stoopid machines to win a rancor...and YES, they MADE me play it by keeping my toon there whenever I logged out...I'd log in and *BAM*...slots'o'fun sounds that obviously have hypnotic powers...

I got robbed this weekend...I did everything right too...I read strategy guides on the forum, rubbed my lucky trinkets, said a few prayers, went to church, helped an old lady cross the street, changed a flag for a Vet, asked for paper instead of plastic, got a salad at McDonalds, fed my kids...and I got SCREWED on the friggin slots.

Meanwhile...guildie of mine goes out boozin and chasing women, running from the cops and he gets FOUR Rancors (for far fewer credits)...he has more Rancors than I he has alts!

I HATE THIS EVENT!!!!!!

PS...anyone know when it ends? I need to get my Rancor still....

I HATE THIS EVENT!!! HATED IT HATED IT HATED IT!!!! Bioware suckered me in and forced me to spend all freaking weekend there playing the stoopid machines, just trying to win coins to play the other stoopid machines to win a rancor...and YES, they MADE me play it by keeping my toon there whenever I logged out...I'd log in and *BAM*...slots'o'fun sounds that obviously have hypnotic powers...

I got robbed this weekend...I did everything right too...I read strategy guides on the forum, rubbed my lucky trinkets, said a few prayers, went to church, helped an old lady cross the street, changed a flag for a Vet, asked for paper instead of plastic, got a salad at McDonalds, fed my kids...and I got SCREWED on the friggin slots.

Meanwhile...guildie of mine goes out boozin and chasing women, running from the cops and he gets FOUR Rancors (for far fewer credits)...he has more Rancors than I he has alts!

I HATE THIS EVENT!!!!!!

PS...anyone know when it ends? I need to get my Rancor still....

I think it'll be for 2 months at least.

After my first 250k spent, I had 2x rancor, 3x magnus, and 20-something golden certs... but no exploding machine - that took an additional 2.5 million credits to get (and then spent another 500k just because...).

(Not really the worst horror story though, as I managed to get 3 more rancors, 7 more magnuses, and 125 more certs in the process...)

Edited by Panegyrist

The horror, oh the horror. I had to sell Mako to Darth Baras to cover my gambling debts.

Actually I used all my freebies and got three golden ticket thingies and got me a tommy gun. The End.

Or Fin if you are one of those art house movie types.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.