2.8 Pyro DPS Gear

Nietsloh

Just wondering if a few of the Pyro DPS out there would share their thoughts on Crit Rating since patch 2.8. I was looking around on torparse and it seems that many of the top parses have like a 40% crit on railshot. Are people stacking crit to obtain these results? or just getting good RNG? Thanks in advance for your thoughts/suggestions.

- Thorok :D

Just wondering if a few of the Pyro DPS out there would share their thoughts on Crit Rating since patch 2.8. I was looking around on torparse and it seems that many of the top parses have like a 40% crit on railshot. Are people stacking crit to obtain these results? or just getting good RNG? Thanks in advance for your thoughts/suggestions.

- Thorok :D

PvE I recommend ~300 crit rating for Dread Forged gear. This gets a 27.87% crit rate on my current gear (which is slightly less than optimised cause im still using a comm earpiece/implants), which when you account for explosive fuel gives a ~31% crit rate for rail shot.

The rest of it is luck :p

(For reference, the only people who have scored higher on a parse than me in that leaderboard are either in half dread masters gear, or have a dread touched offhand. Im not even in full dread forged)

I came to the conclusion of 309 crit for dread forged by making a very basic simulation of the pyro parse, and just brute forced 380 different crit possibilities into it (so every combination of crystals/earpieces/implants/mods/enhancements) and it got 309 crit for dread forged, 475 crit for dread masters. And testing on a dummy got about the same results.

Edited by TACeMossie

PvE I recommend ~300 crit rating for Dread Forged gear. This gets a 27.87% crit rate on my current gear (which is slightly less than optimised cause im still using a comm earpiece/implants), which when you account for explosive fuel gives a ~31% crit rate for rail shot.

The rest of it is luck :p

(For reference, the only people who have scored higher on a parse than me in that leaderboard are either in half dread masters gear, or have a dread touched offhand. Im not even in full dread forged)

I came to the conclusion of 309 crit for dread forged by making a very basic simulation of the pyro parse, and just brute forced 380 different crit possibilities into it (so every combination of crystals/earpieces/implants/mods/enhancements) and it got 309 crit for dread forged, 475 crit for dread masters. And testing on a dummy got about the same results.

And what is your score on Dummy then ?

Suprisingly enough - I score about the smae with Ap and Pyrotech on Dummy ... I have 30% crit chance with Coordination buff. and My score on dummy is arround 3400 on both AP and Pyro.

I am full 180 withgout singe 186 mod yet.

Someone told me that it is possible to score arround 3800 with Pyroi now with Dread Forged gear, but i find that hard to belive.

My rotation are and % are about the same as in all guides exept of luky Rail shot crits wich are only arround 30 % for me ...

Is it all RNG ? how much shyould I score on Dummy with full 180 with Pyrotech build without super lucky crit rate ?

Suprisingly enough - I score about the smae with Ap and Pyrotech on Dummy ... I have 30% crit chance with Coordination buff. and My score on dummy is arround 3400 on both AP and Pyro.

Someone told me that it is possible to score arround 3800 with Pyroi now with Dread Forged gear, but i find that hard to belive.

My rotation are and % are about the same as in all guides exept of luky Rail shot crits wich are only arround 30 % for me ...

Is it all RNG ? how much shyould I score on Dummy with full 180 with Pyrotech build without super lucky crit rate ?

Hard to say with any guarantee, a good run of DoT crits and HiB procs help a lot. That being said, with a DM implant and belt, my average parse (about 10 so far) is probably ~3900. So it's certainly doable.

Hard to say with any guarantee, a good run of DoT crits and HiB procs help a lot. That being said, with a DM implant and belt, my average parse (about 10 so far) is probably ~3900. So it's certainly doable.

ok - i must have been unlucky now it was 3650 without super huge crit scores.

Still i like my Ap better is reliable always, has awesome burst and AoE. NOt to mention 15% speed increase wi\ch is a god send in NiM.

(BTW i jsut cleared Draxus NiM yesturday ;] )

PS

I just noticed RS is Ranged damage not Tech ...

Edited by Angamir

My top score on the dummy is 3.95k dps, though I average about 3.85k. Im missing 3 dread forged pieces (all comm pieces - earpiece + Implants)

Another guy is running the same crit as I intend to have and he hit 4.25k dps in dread forged gear with a screwed up rotation though, so there is that (if the rotation wasn't screwed up he would have hit 4.4k dps in dread forged. The current top parse outside of rollbang is 4.3k...).

As for the guides you are using, unless it was made post 2.8, the ratios will be off. DoTs should be doing a lot more damage than they did with the older guides.

The guide in my sig is updated for 2.8, but its currently in Special Forces terminology instead of Mandalorian, so Ill translate it eventually, until now, just note the percentages are different.

Quick translation for abilities

Hammer Shots = Rapid Shots

Stockstrike = Rocket Punch

Ion Pulse = Flame Burst

Incendiary Round = Incendiary Missile

Assault Plastique = Thermal Detonator

High Impact Bolt = Rail Shot

Plasma Cell = Combustible Gas Cylinder (though this will just be the highest Burning (Elemental) contributor)

Edited by TACeMossie

• 3 weeks later...

Can you post a link to a parse that has good dps (3800+) w/ 40% railshot crit please?

I am skeptical that railshot is at 40% crit.

I believe any and all of the flame based damage would be at 40%+ crit, but we get so much free crit in our skills I don't know why anybody would stack any crit (ie <150 crit rating from gear).

Can you post a link to a parse that has good dps (3800+) w/ 40% railshot crit please?

I believe any and all of the flame based damage would be at 40%+ crit, but we get so much free crit in our skills I don't know why anybody would stack any crit (ie <150 crit rating from gear).

This was my best in less than full dread forged (missing a relic, and 2 implants)

http://www.torparse.com/a/710316/2

Note, this is not quite an "average" parse, it had exceptional crit rates. This was with 316 crit rating I believe.

Average numbers are 3850~3900

Edited by xxSHOONYxx

http://www.torparse.com/a/715064/time/1404482133/1404482375/0/Overview

48% 'Rail Shot' crit.

Also this one on NiM nefra:

http://www.torparse.com/a/714347/4

57.69% crit rate, 70.59% RP crit rate and 60.53% TD Burn crit rate

These were done with 329 crit rating

Edited by TACeMossie