Dread Palace (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the RNG front we still have bizarre instances of Tyrans pulling the Calph or Bestia tanks, we thought it was ranged based but that doesn't seem one hundred percent consistent. Tyrans porting into Bestia during a swap or KB is a little annoying but good placement and fast reactions nullifies it, one empowered isn't a wipe unless its combo'd with something else anyway.

More frustrating would be system issues such as random DM's not showing up due to debuff limit (throne, satiated, tech diff, corruption = no deathmark visible), people falling through the floor out of los for a few seconds and raptus's slam behaving like guardians of the fortress if you grab his crystal during a slam) but these aren't really design problems.

The more you push the fight the more control you can assert over the chaos and the less RNG it feels. When we started it felt very messy, but the more you learn about the fight the more you can adapt and recover.

As it stands no guides exist since the majority of the fight is about reading positioning and adapting on the fly. I'd advise just watching as many kill videos as possible to see how people adapt to problem (many different ways) and for certain dps bench marks.

Edited by umbak

SO is it a tougher fight to learn than brontes?

and is there a guide for this fight written up somewhere?

From a DPS standpoint I think this fight is easier than Brontes, but it's kinda hard because the only tricky phase of Brontes is at the very end. You can control a lot more in this fight and don't get troll balls which made Brontes kinda RNG. I don't know about tanks getting pulled or Soa'd but it doesn't happen most of the time. Tyrans likes to stand in red but that's because he's a t-rol, that can make the first phase long if he does it a lot, but that doesn't really change the difficulty...

From a DPS standpoint I think this fight is easier than Brontes, but it's kinda hard because the only tricky phase of Brontes is at the very end. You can control a lot more in this fight and don't get troll balls which made Brontes kinda RNG. I don't know about tanks getting pulled or Soa'd but it doesn't happen most of the time. Tyrans likes to stand in red but that's because he's a t-rol, that can make the first phase long if he does it a lot, but that doesn't really change the difficulty...

inb4 tyrans stands in red coz ur tanks are bad at placing red circles. :t_tongue:

oh... wait....

Edited by SupaHsuB

It's all RNG.

- Kiting Raptus you have a 100% chance to get ***-cleaved

- Getting Soa'd is not threat based at all, so anyone can get lifted

- Calph's circles can spawn anywhere (not directly under where he stands)

- Bestia will punt you in any given direction (not directly ahead of her)

And this is only phase 1!!!!

...is it not April 1st?

You have to ask the question first,

RNG = Challenging ?

RNG ≠ Challenging ?

RNG = Challenging on SWTOR

None of the bosses are challenging. The only problem you can find is that pure RNG who breaks your pull (refer to Yolo's quote.) & makes lacedaemon happy.

(where you have no personal fail or brain lag in your team of course)

anyone considered making a world progression guild list to see who's still working on the content and who has just stopped from lack of players playing anymore? Be nice to see whats left of this pve community...

Both my guilds Textbook Execution and YES are both still working on the council . We havent ever posted in the world progression thread. With both groups we are past p1 and just working on the DPS check. One group has no armor debuff T_T.

Dilih is still going, had a rough few weeks at launch but seems to have stable out until the annual summer exodus. Wish I could say the same for other RE guilds, seems like most have splintered after 2.8 :( Just content farming council at the moment, not sure about any title run since historically they have never really meshed with our style of raiding. Edited by umbak

I think Dxun, Manticore, Titans, Firewind (?) and Darklight are doing progression on Rep side of Red Eclipse. I think they are all at council also. Can't say if guilds I mentioned consider being part of "race", but progress with the NiM content happens in any case. There are many guilds doing NiM content on imps too but I have no idea how seriously they take it nowdays: PCG, Imperium, Heresy, DoB (many left?) and so on. There are plenty of guilds on both sides advancing in DF NiM currently who have not yet even started DP NiM. Them not being visible here.. is just that, not being visible but they do play the latest tier. :) Edited by Ruskaeth

We're doing last boss on dp nim in Dxun Rising atm, we've been hoping to get a server first and even future firsts but everytime the subject has come up it's been put down, mainly because we would have to put down more time to it than we already do and that's too much, iirc, I don't recall everything from the mumbles. Edited by cirruz

I'm sure most of you are aware that most of the members of the last 3 world first achievements for Zorz have recently left the game. We are personally going through who we have left seeing who wants to resume playing on a week to week basis. We should have a set group up & running very shortly, but we are not dead yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.