Dread Palace (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering when this was going to be a thing. Because weren't there posts by the OP of this thread about the community policing itself in an obvious manner toward boss exploits, and that they shouldn't be used in progression? I do seem to remember that. But nothing was said or done even when HMD said they used aforementioned strat and former members went in this thread to mention they used that strat. I think it's cool that Ambassadors went right out and said what many guilds were thinking, but let's be real here: 1. HMD Magenta is for all progression purposes, dead already. 2. The person who runs this thread had to have seen that HMD cheeses Council, because Ranick made reference to it in this thread when talking ABOUT his guild killing the boss, then Mikey, who left, referenced it. The bigger question to me, is after NiM DF, when there was mention in posts of invalidating kills of exploited strats or cheese strats, why is it that directly in the next tier, the OP of the thread didn't even make comment of it? Just curious.

Personally, my view is this: The guilds that have killed Council without the Calph LOS cheese strat? We're unaffected by what HMD did. I honestly don't LIKE what they did, but the boss died. The boss died, and they posted videos of it. Even with their cheesy strat. They survived phase 2. The one real challenge of the fight. Our guild has never done this strategy. Both of our kills are on twitch. But I'm not going to get in a flame war about a guild that effectively doesn't exist anymore on the progression scene.

I'd rather focus on positives of strats. I like how FROG handles their tank swaps of Calph and Bestia. It requires two tanks with leaps to be done with maximum effectiveness, but it isolates Calphayus from running all willy nilly. I think FROG's strat shows how much more precise that fight can be if there are no Sin tanks. Our sin tank, Tenebras, would say something to the effect that Sin tanks aren't great for this fight. I also really like the way DiLiH handles phase two. They have a much more specific manner of preparing Brontes before killing Styrak. Our guild just does a few multi dots, and one of the maras (Deeps) splits time between the bosses, but DiLiH goes for a specific % before pushing the kill on Styrak from what I can tell watching the vods. Our kills usually have Brontes at 60ish%, but that's just due to the flow of AOE splash damage more than anything. And credit goes to Zorz, when, let's be honest, their recovery with stealth rezzes on their timed run kill is still the most impressive recovery I've ever seen in a progression kill.

I'm not going to say let's get in a circle and sing Kumbaya. I don't like every guild in these races. I like some. But I'm pretty much done hating on everyone. How many guilds are dead? How many guilds are basically carcasses on the road that we pass by? Who's left? The way I see it, if you're still here, and you're still killing bosses, I can respect that. HMD is dead, so I'm done even considering them. But there are still guilds that matter in this game space that we can focus on. And in the next tier? You can bet that I'm going to want to perform better. Personally, and with DNT as a whole. FROG inspired me with how they recovered. ZORZ inspired me with how disciplined their group comp was. How accountable each player was, and still is, for those left playing. And Euro guilds that survived the 2.8 server-shatterfest? You guys making it out of there still able to raid at all? GG. IDK how mad I would be if I couldn't raid the new content for days on end.

TLDR: Less QQ, More Pew Pew

Quite ironic how someone from Implants and Taxes makes a huge post saying he doesn't like how HMD cheesed Council. Especially after how hard they exploited Nefra 16nim.

Inb4 more bitterness and flame because you took it so personal to be called out on it.

Quite ironic how someone from Implants and Taxes makes a huge post saying he doesn't like how HMD cheesed Council. Especially after how hard they exploited Nefra 16nim.

Inb4 more bitterness and flame because you took it so personal to be called out on it.

Justin wasn't in DnT at that time. He was in a different guild in Harb I believe.

Hi, I wasn't in DNT until after DP started, also, I forgot, is your guild relevant in any capacity? I was under the impression that Reckoning hasn't mattered in progression since 2.8 screwed the servers. I didn't actually make a whole post. I made a comment that I didn't like it. That was it. Watch our kills of council. Both are online. We did the fight "as intended". Each time we have killed it. Is your guild anywhere near a kill of Council? Are you at Council yet? Because it seems like you only chime in these days to say RIP SWTOR and other variations therein. Go back to your cave, troll.

A Sage isn't much different than a Commando for healing this fight, though a Commando has greater DPS potential in phase 2.

The better question is: Has anyone killed Dread Masters without a Scoundrel healer? To my knowledge, no. Sage-Commando is more challenging than any pair with at least one Scoundrel. I don't recommend Sage-Commando unless, like

or Underworld Alliance, your tanks never swap Calphayus and Bestia.

We will do it Friday for you. The impossible will be done so you can compare some "sweet healing parses"

So all of HMD Magentas achievements in DP are to be removed from the prog sheet because they cheesed some parts of the last boss? If so why remove them entirely, shouldn't you just remove the actual cheesing and nothing else?

So did anyone reported the exploit of Dread Council so far that other guilds can compete in a normal way of progression and don´t cheese the boss only to get all the benefits (titel, rancor [ i like the rancor :D], and MH) which are include in the kill of Dread Coucil ? Edited by JulianWilming

Wel, if thy have killd it the normal way. Then no, thy should not be deleted. if thy did not, then yes.

It's the same w nefra. A LOS kill would not be excepted.

magenta will never kill it without exploits lol... they can't handle it

edit: & are unwilling to change anything that gets them their 1st kill.

Edited by michaelsith

please keep the thread civil.

Screw that! I'm pretty sure zorz was exploiting, it's impossible to find 3 people who can perform simple tasks consistently for the span of ten minutes with out 1000's of hours of training. I think Ufrog and Ambassadors only got their kill because the dread council got bored of being surrendered to/negotiated with after a week and a day. Clearly Lost my D fuchsia is the first real kill to happen and deserves to be in first place as they are the first guild that killed it the intended way, all you guys are just haters. I vote we posthumously grant them best guild in the world title and force their members back together to save esports.

We will do it Friday for you. The impossible will be done [...]

It's been done. <Hates You>, for example, had Sorcerer-Mercenary for a couple of weeks, with many wipes unrelated to healing or healer DPS in phase 2. <Hates You> later brought an Operative, instead, for three reasons. First, the players who would be tanking were going to be changing almost daily. The mobility of the Operative healer and of its several HOTs are advantageous when positioning of Bestia and Calphayus might be somewhat "yolo". Second, an Operative healer's DPS in phase 2 is less resource-intensive than a Sorcerer's, in part because the Operative's passive regeneration is higher relative its resource pool's size. Third, stealth rezzing.

I'm puzzled by Justin's and your interpretation of my reply to holmeskywalkr's question. holmeskywalkr didn't say why he asked about Sage healing and NiM Council 8. Perhaps his group is looking forward to pulling it, and plan to learn it themselves (rather than mimicking another group's previous kill). If so, my recommending a Scoundrel healer is uncontroversial.

Edited by Orderken

I don't think the recommendation is controversial, and I didn't interpret your post incorrectly, I just wanted to say I felt Turtle could have healed our first kill with the comp you said was least helpful to use. Not as an argument or anything, just because I have utmost confidence in their ability. I DO agree with you that it's better to have an Operative than a Sorc healer for Council as a baseline comment, that's pretty easy to say. I just wanted to say we had a Sorc who would have made it happen. :)

I

I'm puzzled by Justin's and your interpretation of my reply to holmeskywalkr's question. holmeskywalkr didn't say why he asked about Sage healing and NiM Council 8. Perhaps his group is looking forward to pulling it, and plan to learn it themselves (rather than mimicking another group's previous kill). If so, my recommending a Scoundrel healer is uncontroversial.

Itwas just an informative question, we do have a sage healer in our 3 healers rotation, he's a hard worker and there's no reason we dont down council with him. We are on Brontes tentacles with still a pretty lack of dps, first phase not 100% acquired cause tanks/strat make Bestia buff other sometimes, so no incidence from healer(s) classes. I just wanted to know cause since Brontes, merc/op are the most favored duo with the aim of a first down, so I was curious, that's all :)

Hi, I wasn't in DNT until after DP started, also, I forgot, is your guild relevant in any capacity? I was under the impression that Reckoning hasn't mattered in progression since 2.8 screwed the servers. I didn't actually make a whole post. I made a comment that I didn't like it. That was it. Watch our kills of council. Both are online. We did the fight "as intended". Each time we have killed it. Is your guild anywhere near a kill of Council? Are you at Council yet? Because it seems like you only chime in these days to say RIP SWTOR and other variations therein. Go back to your cave, troll.

Let me remind you that, it took Reckoning 2 days to clear Brontes nim with a Merc Sorc comb, while it took you more than a month to do it and since you just joined DnT, I guess your previous guild joined the party even later. Also you go ahead and make a big post about another guild "exploiting a fight" while your selves nolifed the **** out of Nefra? And you killed council like a month inside content and you making comments about reckoning quitting? I normally don't post on the forums, but when I see retarded posts like the one I quoted I just have to speak my mind.

P.S. If I was in your position I would keep my mouth shut since you just self admitted said you just joined DnT. Let the officers do the talking. As for killing council that's what I have to say.

Edited by Noxxiq