Damage Overcharge Guide, Maps + Screenshots

Drakkolich

Is it because I named you that you try to destroy my post while ignoring some key parts ?

Again, I did not sorted out the possibility of a slight chance of having something else in the super cluster. Neither I sorted out the possibility that normal clusters that can spawn a DO does it at specific location amongst the several of the cluster. None of these possibility discredit the work of Drako.

So stop the white knighting, and realize that one location doesn't make a cluster on his own. The devs may have given us a simplified version, but regardless of being simplified or not, that would be very contradictory to the definition of a cluster.

So your assumption this is a list of super clusters only, is very unlikely.

Wow.... i mean... wow I never thought people would actually complain about some one helping the comunity.

Fact these locations in the screen shots always spawn DO and nothing but DO this has been tested in probabl over 1000 matches. Drak took the time with these and about half of these I had memorized before he even put them here. I would look at the map at the start of the match and go I know where the DO is and get it every time.... more then 400 matches of being able to do that.

When Drak asked if he should put these maps up for the community to use and for the betterment of all, i never thought we would get people that just want to crud all over it, regardless of the amount of time and effort he put in to do this.

He didnt consider it a spot that always spawns DO's based on a single spawn there. He did it based on the fact that every single time that exact spot on the map lights up. Every single time that exact spot has a power-up that power-up is a DO acrossed hundreds if not thousands of games played.

If you really think one is wrong get a screen shot of it. Good luck with that, because as far as I can tell this information has never steered me wrong. There are power-ups that are close to these DO spawn locations, and by close I dont mean a couple centimeters above or below I mean on a completely different rock that happens to be next to the proper rock, or in side a hall way when the DO actually spawns 20 metters above on top of the cliff.

It doesnt matter the phrasing used by the devs. A Super clusters doesnt mean that the DO's locations arent fixed with in that cluster. Thats the point there are clusters of Power-ups through out the map, several of these clusters are Super clusters and have a DO in them. In these super clusters the DO's are on a fixed point.

This isnt based off one time seeig things, this isnt based off dev statements this is based off in game practice of thousands of matches played.

If you really dont think this is a good tool just stay away from it and tell your friends to as well. since this guide to DO's is a Farce and continue to let everyone that follows this and has fast enough ships to abuse it keep picking all of them up.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm the bad guy...

Show your disagreement with a third-person comment and make sure to put hints that shows that OP's point is not jeopardized, and you end being accused of discrediting the OP.

Great guys. Really great...

That has not been the case for me ever, I'm going to have to argue this completly. In the super cluster spots I have not seen anything spawn but a DO.

In more than enough match to get fleet admiral.... (I can't remember the nuber ;) ) I've seen 2 powerup on a supercluster spot I can actually remember cause they actually saved my ***. One was an Engine powerup inside the central destroyer (5) on Lost Shipyard. One was a Weapon powerup on spot 1 in Kuat Mesas.

I could be wrong and there could be another spot directly beside it that isn't a supercluster tho.

Edit : Actually I'm probably wrong considering what devs said...

Edited by Ryuku-sama

In more than enough match to get fleet admiral.... (I can't remember the nuber ;) ) I've seen 2 powerup on a supercluster spot I can actually remember cause they actually saved my ***. One was an Engine powerup inside the central destroyer (5) on Lost Shipyard. One was a Weapon powerup on spot 1 in Kuat Mesas.

I could be wrong and there could be another spot directly beside it that isn't a supercluster tho.

Edit : Actually I'm probably wrong considering what devs said...

/Sarcasm on

How dare you speak about these rare and anecdotal cases...

Now it's only a matter of time for the white knight team to jump on you and ask for screenshots otherwise you'll be treated like a jerk only trying to sullen the name of their great friend (and wingman ?)

/Sarcasm off

All right I think everyone needs to calm down a bit :p. Let's start with what a "cluster" means, a cluster is a group of power up spawn locations in which only 1 power up is active at any one time. For this reason all 10 locations i pointed out are the 10 areas in the super cluster because only 1 of these spots can be up at any given time. For example if #1 has a DO up, #7(or any other number from 2-10) CANT have a DO up. A "cluster" is not an area on the map, although the regular power up clusters seem to all be near each other. The super cluster is mostly centered on the middle of the map with a few on the outskirts, which is exactly what the dev's described in this post.

On my stream when a TDM pops up I can point out exactly where the DO is 100% of the time just by looking at the map. If I remember too I'll try to highlight a game today where I focus on explaning how I narrow it down, and how I pinpoint the newly spawned ones.

On my stream when a TDM pops up I can point out exactly where the DO is 100% of the time just by looking at the map.

This exactly. Altheran, if you can't do this, kindly stop trying to spread misinformation.

Drako has proof of the things he has seen over and over and over and you're like "but like, this one way, this dev talked, once?"

Edited by Verain

This exactly. Altheran, if you can't do this, kindly stop trying to spread misinformation.

Drako has proof of the things he has seen over and over and over and you're like "but like, this one way, this dev talked, once?"

Yeah, all glory to Drako. I am nothing worthy to be compared to his greatness...

That's how I am supposed to respond ?

I have been fooled once thinking there would be DO. ONCE. That's why I NEVER said that the post content was BS or anything and I always tempered my statements.

But, here's the problem. I'm not Drako, so my words have no weight compared to his and by extent yours, his wingman.

I guess the fact there's now another testimony of such occurrence doesn't add weight, right ?

That's becoming ridiculous.

---

Drako, you're flying with him, right ? Can you explain him, as a friend, that his jerk attitude is insulting everyone on the forum ?

I hope you realized that at this point he's only barking at anyone saying something that may disagree even the slightest with you, and that his last comment demonstrates his willingness to troll since he kept being condescending after your call for calm.

And that's not a problem with only me. I did not gave to much credit to Zoom_VI calling Verain a troll when he did his "waaah gunship" posts since he excused himself with the overwhelming amount of whine post at that time.

Lately I was shocked with his attitude towards Brass. I thought that Brass' diplomacy was partly at fault.

Now I'm just sure : he's a despicable person. The most despicable person on the GSF forum.

I was only willing to have a normal discussion... Like you tried to. But I won't keep on, since he's clearly unable to have one and disgusted me. He crossed a line. A line I won't cross myself.

So good luck. For here as for IG. That must be rough.

Yeah, all glory to Drako. I am nothing worthy to be compared to his greatness...

That's how I am supposed to respond ?

I have been fooled once thinking there would be DO. ONCE. That's why I NEVER said that the post content was BS or anything and I always tempered my statements.

But, here's the problem. I'm not Drako, so my words have no weight compared to his and by extent yours, his wingman.

I guess the fact there's now another testimony of such occurrence doesn't add weight, right ?

That's becoming ridiculous.

---

Drako, you're flying with him, right ? Can you explain him, as a friend, that his jerk attitude is insulting everyone on the forum ?

I hope you realized that at this point he's only barking at anyone saying something that may disagree even the slightest with you, and that his last comment demonstrates his willingness to troll since he kept being condescending after your call for calm.

And that's not a problem with only me. I did not gave to much credit to Zoom_VI calling Verain a troll when he did his "waaah gunship" posts since he excused himself with the overwhelming amount of whine post at that time.

Lately I was shocked with his attitude towards Brass. I thought that Brass' diplomacy was partly at fault.

Now I'm just sure : he's a despicable person. The most despicable person on the GSF forum.

I was only willing to have a normal discussion... Like you tried to. But I won't keep on, since he's clearly unable to have one and disgusted me. He crossed a line. A line I won't cross myself.

So good luck. For here as for IG. That must be rough.

Ok seriously take it easy... breath. we done with that.

We have already said that it is likely one of the powers ups that appear NEAR these spawn points. It takes time to get used to, but none of us have ever gone to these exact spots and found anything other then a DO if you have and can duplicate it all we ask is a screen shot to verify that it is in the exact right spot and you arent mistaking it for a spot that is very close by.

Drak took a long time to do this and several of us confirmed this stuff over many games, its going to take more then a couple people CLAIMING to have seen something else in that exact spot when we already KNOW that spots next to it can get confused for these exact spots to make us believe that its actually happening. The reason we know some spots can get confused is we have done this with Drak as well, went um I am at the spot and either A its not here or there is something else here just to have Drak fly over and go... no the DO doesnt spawn there it spawns here that's the Power up in side the building the DO spawns on top of the canyon. Or no thats not the right rock formation its the one just to the right of that formation. Its highly likely this is whats happening.

Thats all thats been said from the start until people started loosing their cool. Do we need a screen shot for confirmation.... YES, yes we do because we already provided a lot more evidence this isnt the case. To Quote the opening to Scooby Doo "We need some help from you now." if you claim that any spot is not a 100% DO get a screen shot of it not being a DO. This goes out to all that read this if any one can bring said screen shot, or do a twitch stream that shows it PLEASE DO SO.

If you are just going to say I saw somthing else there once with out any evidence with out even remotely going with the possibility that you MIGHT have made a mistake and it was actually something close by rather then right were its listed excuse us for being skeptical.

Beyond... every one.... its a game.... we play to have fun....Inhale..... Exhale.... fun.

Edited by tunewalker

I might have missed it on your list, but here is another location.

Thanks for the screenshot, I'm positive that, that spot is a regular power up spot and not in the super cluster. I'll get a screenshot later tonight (power up actually spawning there permitting) and show you. The thing you have to keep in mind for just the random DO spawns is absolutly any power up has a rare chance of being a DO, this is why identifying the super cluster was very difficult. Basically I only added a DO spawn to my DO list in a super cluster if I found it in the same spot 10x or more.

Thanks for the screenshot, I'm positive that, that spot is a regular power up spot and not in the super cluster. I'll get a screenshot later tonight (power up actually spawning there permitting) and show you. The thing you have to keep in mind for just the random DO spawns is absolutly any power up has a rare chance of being a DO, this is why identifying the super cluster was very difficult. Basically I only added a DO spawn to my DO list in a super cluster if I found it in the same spot 10x or more.

Ah ok. I will be the first to admit I'm not the best at finding most of the common DO spots by the minimap. I hate having to hunt for the things.

We know that part! You don't need to state the obvious!

But, here's the problem. I'm not Drako

We all have this problem. Science is working on a solution!

You said:

Some of these are not super clusters. I went to some of those thinking there would be DO there, as in some previous matches, to only see an Engine power-up.

And still didn't provide a screenshot. I want a screenshot because either:

1)- The point is wrong (super crazy unlikely)

2)- You got confused and thought it was a different point (very likely, and would be visible in a screenshot)

3)- It's possible that the supercluster can actually spawn non-DOs, possibly with the same odds that the regular spawns can be DOs rarely.

4)- It's possible there IS a always-DO spot there, but Drako has a picture of a rarespawn DO. (unlikely, but over 20ish shots, possible for sure)

Not really, no.

I doubt I'm insulting EVERYONE on the forum.

Just a select subset.

I should probably figure out how to set a signature.

I was only willing to have a normal discussion...

Well you actually came in and made a bunch of assumptions and acted like you were the expert on what was and wasn't a "supercluster", something we've had a brief touch of dev on, and that's it. My "despicableness" has mostly been asking you to provide something that shouldn't be hard to find if a point is not identified properly: a screenshot. I'm the one asking you to not discredit a great guide without evidence, you're the one making personal attacks against me.

On a side note, does anyone but me really HATE the "chase the DO" bit of the TDM meta?

I like it- cautiously. I like that it rewards a speed scout build, which is definitely a build with counters. I dislike that it pushes the meta away from strikes, who have no defense against a DO target (evasion and running and LOS are only defenses, and strikes are poor at those compared to scouts, especially if the strike uses his engine maneuver for retro). I also dislike that a bomber can't lay DOed mines and drones, given how super hard it is to get a DO as a bomber to begin with.

I also like that it rewards mastery of the game mode and map. It's a much deeper game this way, even if you can have a game changed by a DO spawning underneath an enemy gunship. Swapping to DO targets, peeling for your DO guy, etc. I just like that it rewards players for doing cool stuff.

Edited by Verain

And still didn't provide a screenshot. I want a screenshot because either:

1)- The point is wrong (super crazy unlikely)

2)- You got confused and thought it was a different point (very likely, and would be visible in a screenshot)

3)- It's possible that the supercluster can actually spawn non-DOs, possibly with the same odds that the regular spawns can be DOs rarely.

4)- It's possible there IS a always-DO spot there, but Drako has a picture of a rarespawn DO. (unlikely, but over 20ish shots, possible for sure)

[...]

My "despicableness" has mostly been asking you to provide something that shouldn't be hard to find if a point is not identified properly: a screenshot.

Irrationality.

Point 3 has been my theory since the beginning, yet you're asking a screenshot of something that be both conceptualized as very rare, and consider "easy to provide".

Note that I also agreed from trying to have a screenshot of it... Even though from my theory it's rare as hell.

I accepted your conditions.

But just one thing : look for what reason you started to bash me - a difference of semantics, of what is a super cluster, and what's a normal cluster.

Just because I don't consider #1 of Kuat possibly being a super because it's too isolated in my opinion to be a "cluster of DO" (my definition of super) and too close from normal power-ups to not be a part of a bigger cluster, a normal one.

From there you should just have explained your disagreement, and we'd have left it as it.

But no. Your argumentation was limited to "you're wrong" and for no reason you started to accuse me of discrediting OP. Where I did that, no idea. And it has caught tunewalker in the war, trying to defend OP from a non-existent aggression.

Not only I have been falsely accused, but it was filled with "OP is awesome you're not" kind of crap.

And as things went, you tried to lower me, make look pathetic.

How, am I supposed to not consider you despicable, considering the amount of uncalled provocations and villainy ? Just look at that last post of yours, it stems of hate and condescendance.

What other words, could I have used to describe your attitude ?

I'm willing to stop that nonsense, and try to ignore that dark episode. But that's not something that I can do on my own.

Edited by Altheran

Point 3 has been my theory since the beginning

If it's point 3, then your proper post would be:

"I don't think the supercluster just spawns DOs. Once I think I saw a non-DO there. It's still very reliable and a great map, I was sure I saw an engine thing there. Linked is a screenshot of an engine there, which even though it's probably really rare, was easy for me to get because it happened to me."

Instead you posted:

Some of these are not super clusters. I went to some of those thinking there would be DO there, as in some previous matches, to only see an Engine power-up.

What part of this is equivalent to:

Instead, your initial post made it sound like some of the spawns were unreliable (with no screenshots, which would be trivial to provide given that YOU CLAIM TO HAVE SEEN THE NON-DOS MULTIPLE TIMES).

And so I called you out, and now you change your story. I don't care. Stop trying to be right. You aren't right. Move on. Nothing will get me on your case more than you trying to tell me the sky is red. "Well, I was wearing glasses, and I was upside down, and I was drunk, and sometimes blue feels red." Stop trying to be right when you aren't..

What's right? The thing Drako did. Or maybe a couple things are off. If they are, fix them, don't give some vague handwave about how "a few are wrong" and "you went there and found an engine". Press print screen, post here. Drako will fix it, stop FUDing a great thread that even aces can get great stuff out of.

If it's point 3, then your proper post would be:

"I don't think the supercluster just spawns DOs. Once I think I saw a non-DO there. It's still very reliable and a great map, I was sure I saw an engine thing there. Linked is a screenshot of an engine there, which even though it's probably really rare, was easy for me to get because it happened to me."

Instead you posted:

What part of this is equivalent to:

Instead, your initial post made it sound like some of the spawns were unreliable (with no screenshots, which would be trivial to provide given that YOU CLAIM TO HAVE SEEN THE NON-DOS MULTIPLE TIMES).

And so I called you out, and now you change your story. I don't care. Stop trying to be right. You aren't right. Move on. Nothing will get me on your case more than you trying to tell me the sky is red. "Well, I was wearing glasses, and I was upside down, and I was drunk, and sometimes blue feels red." Stop trying to be right when you aren't..

What's right? The thing Drako did. Or maybe a couple things are off. If they are, fix them, don't give some vague handwave about how "a few are wrong" and "you went there and found an engine". Press print screen, post here. Drako will fix it, stop FUDing a great thread that even aces can get great stuff out of.

Verain.... breath.... its a game..... Inhale........ exhale... its ok.

Yes. I wrote in plural in first post. I shouldn't have.

Yes I forgot to tempered my statement in my first post. I did in the second.

Beside that, what I have done to merit the heinous assault that came after my third post, which was only about definitions. I shouldn't have called you out in there ? Tell me. What the heck did I do to be the bad guy in the story ?

I'm not trying to be in the right. Just calm down, take a step back, and look. You'll see that the crap was completely unrelated about the screenshot thing. Tell me what I did wrong at that time, and I'll apologize.

I may have overreacted when you said OP worked a lot. To me you were implying... You know what, you saw my reaction.

But please realize at least that in this case, you jumped on the occasion too. I felt insulted that you might put weights in our words of OP and me, but you did not have go with the flow and be condescending for real. We're both at fault.

And for this screenshot thing, can you just stop ? It is completely misdirected. That matter is closed, you asked for a screenshot, I accepted, end of story.

Edited by Altheran

Has anyone noticed a reduction in damage bonus from DO since 2.8? I'm not very good at beating my team to them, so I haven't had many chances to check real numbers, but anecdotally it "feels" a bit lower since patch. Edited by Fractalsponge

Has anyone noticed a reduction in damage bonus from DO since 2.8? I'm not very good at beating my team to them, so I haven't had many chances to check real numbers, but anecdotally it "feels" a bit lower since patch.

DO is doing double damage now. It's been "fixed," Chris Schmidt (developer) said it wasn't intended for it to be doing as much as it was in the past (on SWTOR's Twitch stream).

Edited by TrinityLyre

With Damage Overcharge being changed to +100%, I find it still important to get but not important enough to run halfway across the map, which is probably a good thing.

Depends on team composition and match variables. Against most competition (assuming you're in your normal 4 man premade) you aren't going to need DO. It's nice, but not a game changer.... More of an catalyst to end the match. Still makes taking down an oncoming swarm a lot easier, especially with the hotdog gunship.