Damage Overcharge Guide, Maps + Screenshots

Drakkolich

Many people have asked me how I get so many Damage Overcharges, so I thought I would make a map with some added screenshots to show everyone where they are.

The first map is of Kuat Mesas death match. Map

Screenshots of power ups by number:

The second map is Lost Shipyard death match. Map

Screenshots of power ups by number:

So there it is that is where the super clusters of Damage Overcharges spawn, I hope that helps clear up how a veteran pilot knows where they all are.

I knew where they are, but not the spawn rates. Sometimes a DO respawns right away and at the same location. I looked for a power-up guide on Dulfy, but thx for doing it here, even though you failed me in letting me know the spawn rates.

It's always fun being killed right after getting a DO or crashing trying to get one. If I can't find one, I'll just scoope up all the others in hopes a DO repawns.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew where they are, but not the spawn rates. Sometimes a DO respawns right away and at the same location. I looked for a power-up guide on Dulfy, but thx for doing it here, even though you failed me in letting me know the spawn rates.

It's always fun being killed right after getting a DO or crashing trying to get one. If I can't find one, I'll just scoope up all the others in hopes a DO repawns.

I've actually been working on trying to figure out spawn rates for a long time, the problem is they seem fluctuate and I can't figure why. At first I thought it was map dependent but that isn't true either. My best guess at this point is they spawn 1min - 1min 30 seconds, after you picked up the last one. I haven't seen one spawn faster then 1 minute yet, but it also isn't always 1 minute.

I am still working on it though and if I figure it out I'll let you know. :)

Can we petition to have our old DO back? I miss one-shotting bombers :(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am really... is it fair all other ships get 1-shot, but not the bomber? Bombers need to be 1-shot as well, or the other ships will QQ. :(

• 6 months later...

I found a new ultra-rare one underneath the arch in Kuat Mesas it's #13

http://i.imgur.com/QZZT4GB.png

I'm calling it 13 because I've seriously out of sooo many games only seen it once. I should also add I've never seen any other power up come from there.

Also, lol I forgot how mad people got in this thread.

Edited by tommmsunb

I'm calling it 13 because I've seriously out of sooo many games only seen it once. I should also add I've never seen any other power up come from there.

I think I have seen a shield there, but I could be mistaken it could have been right next to that spot..... who knows. will keep my eye out though for it.

The thing is every single other power up that isn't in the super cluster then 10 I put on my map has a chance to spawn as a rare Damage Overcharge. We don't know the chance of it becoming a Damage overcharge but I'd wager its something like. 33% Engine overcharge, 33% Weapon overcharge, 33% Shield overcharge, 1% Damage overcharge.

Only 1 of the 10 in the Super cluster can be up at anytime and it will always be a Damage Overcharge. However all the other powerups on the map could theoretically all be Damage Overcharges if the stars aligned.

The thing is every single other power up that isn't in the super cluster then 10 I put on my map has a chance to spawn as a rare Damage Overcharge. We don't know the chance of it becoming a Damage overcharge but I'd wager its something like. 33% Engine overcharge, 33% Weapon overcharge, 33% Shield overcharge, 1% Damage overcharge.

Only 1 of the 10 in the Super cluster can be up at anytime and it will always be a Damage Overcharge. However all the other powerups on the map could theoretically all be Damage Overcharges if the stars aligned.

Considering how I've never seen any powerup in that spot before I'd wager it's a 1% chance of even existing.

Edited by tommmsunb

Thanks Drako. :D

Although TBH, I'd rather a list of where blaster overcharge is. Never one around when I need to replenish my pods lol.

Hehe, sadly there is no way to predict any of the other power ups, Damage Overcharge is the only one with a super cluster. All the other power ups are part of much smaller clusters that are really close to each other. This is why the power ups are always spread out across the map instead of being all in one corner.

It's also much easier to find anything but a DO, as there are usually a zililon powerups active, with each having an equal chance of being shield, weapon, or engine. In practice, the engine ones usually get eaten, so anything near where the action is is much more likely to be a shield.

Oh He Who Knows Thy GSF,

What the heck is with the increase in DOs? There's definitely been an uptick lately.

I've been playing quite a bit lately and I haven't felt that at all, everything feels the same to me. Are you sure you didn't just hit a string of rare DO's or something a few games in a row?

• 7 months later...

Mikaboshi(Plasticx) and I have been working on names for each Damage overcharge spots for calling in voice.

Heres what we came up with.

Kuat Mesas

1: North

2: Cliff

3: Ledge Center

4: Ledge East

5: Globe East

6: Globe West

7: Shelf

8: Pillars

9: Bridge or Land Bridge

10: South

Lost Shipyards

1: North

2: B2-Low

3: Star Destroyer

4: Asteroid

5: Star Destroyer

6: Asteroid

7: Space Debris or Space Junk

8: East

9: West

10: South

Not that it ultimately matters, but you are missing at least one location in Kuat Mesas from your map. But... perhaps that can be my little secret since it is not a very common spot for it to appear. I've snagged it less than five times from that spot since TDM has been around.

Oh... and sometimes there are two DOs at the start of a map, and occasionally there may be two DOs present in the match later on. I'm not sure if they are spawning together, but that's not real important either... in earlier statements about the frequency of DOs.

Not that it ultimately matters, but you are missing at least one location in Kuat Mesas from your map. But... perhaps that can be my little secret since it is not a very common spot for it to appear. I've snagged it less than five times from that spot since TDM has been around.

Oh... and sometimes there are two DOs at the start of a map, and occasionally there may be two DOs present in the match later on. I'm not sure if they are spawning together, but that's not real important either... in earlier statements about the frequency of DOs.

Any single power up has a rare chance of being a DO, that's how multiple DO's can spawn at the same time. It's also how DO's can appear in areas I have not marked on my maps. My maps are only of the Super clusters on both maps that can ONLY spawn DO's.

The devs confirmed this is how it works.

On each map there is 1 super cluster that is way bigger and spread out then all the other normal clusters.

The super cluster can only ever have DO's.

The normal clusters can have any of the power ups and can sometimes though rarely have DO's aswell.

After all the games I've played and how I'm able to predict exactly where the DO's will be everytime, I'm confident that both Super clusters on each Deathmatch map have 10 spawn points. If you have gotten DO somewhere else it's because a normal cluster spawned a very rare DO for you.

Best to test if the power up you think is in the Super cluster: keep checking that spot and if any other kind of power up spawns where you saw the DO then it was just a normal cluster rare spawn.

I hope that clears things up, I have a link to the actual dev post that spawned these maps in my first post. :)

The average person struggles with cardinal directions. People tend to do better with specific addresses or landmarks. Just a suggestion.

Then they can use whatever names they want to come up with. We wanted names for us to use on voice for each of them and these seemed simple and perfect for us. We just thought we would share in case others were looking for easier names to use. :)

The difference between cliff, ledge, and shelf is not immediately apparent to me, but I like the idea of having a set nomenclature :D

We struggled with those 4 spots actually, we didn't want to use the same word twice for spots.

The idea being if you only heard Ledge in mumble and not the second part this way you still only have 2 spots to look at to find it.

This should make it much easier to communicate where the DO is though. :)