Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What do the MMO veterans think?

RasereiAmok

Only people who have been playing MMO's for over 10 years reply.

What do you think about this game?

Short version for me is:

Graphics: 7/10

Sound: 9/10

Gameplay: 7/10

Story: 10/10

Overall, it's a solid MMORPG. Great story, music, voice acting, classes are unique...

It's not "next-gen" or ultra different than the standard formula. Does that make it bad? No.... It's a good game. I would rate it a 8/10 or a B+.

Seeing as it's a new MMO, more will be added in time so it can only get better.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Graphics never play a part in any game I play. I mean WoW isn't hyper-realistic and it still proved to have its own brand of fun over the years.

Sound, awesome. The music not being on constantly, only coming in at the right times, adds ambiance that I haven't experienced. This was especially shown playing on Balmorra, with the sounds of the battlefield.

Gameplay. Thoroughly enjoyable, the conversations may get old for some, but as a fan of the style I love it, the group conversations are a nice addition to that enjoyment as its always fun in seeing your character get to respond, adding that little extra involvement in the game world.

Story. Loving it, all I can say. I've already experienced a few twists.

Suffice to say people looking for an RPG fix in Bioware style will be right at home. RPers are having a blast I hear because of it. Though, the use of shards does make the lack of players a bit daunting sometimes (people must have someone to show themselves off too, whether it be as simple as sitting on a rare mount in front of the mailbox), but I rarily noticed this myself with the environments and scattering of 'statue NPCs' I like to call them, the ones that you can't click on make the world not as empty as other MMOs, even with the lack of players being present in your immediate surroundings.

I love the game so far, i have been playing MMO's since UO pre trammel... Not that it even matters really, but i havent found a game i can enjoy in a long long time and im really enjoying this game so far. But everyone has there own tastes whether they played 10 years or 10 minutes, i think this game has a lot to offer.

I'd bump the gameplay to 8, still needs a lot of polish, but it's a pretty great system. I played all the way back to MUDs and MUSHs, eq1, daoc, wow, vanguard, warhammer, allods, aion, eq2, aoc, coh, cov, co, dc universe, rift, ddo, sto, lotro and several other ftp. I've never seen a more polished launch, and provided they keep updating; I'm guessing this will have a solid player base that will last 5-8 years. It came at the right time, had very unique features, fun playable classes, and a full range of content for all play styles at launch.

Graphics 7.5/10- lets face it, they arent stunning, but by no means are they bad.

Gameplay 9/10- while there are issues here and there, i find the gameplay thoroughly enjoyable.

Story 10/10- best story of any game i've ever played

Sound 9/10- I really enjoy the sounds in this game, that's all i can say about it.

We all know that most are busy enjoying the game than to come here and post some feedback...

I have played:

Phantasy Star Online

Final Fantasy XI

Guild Wars

World of Warcraft

Age of Conan

Warhammer online

DC Universe online

Rift (only on beta)

I give SWTOR:

Graphics: 9/10

Sound 9/10

Gameplay 10/10

Story 10/10

I've been playing MMOs for close to a decade now, I played SWG, AOC, Rift, WoW, STO, Fallen Earth and still do play EVE from time to time, and this is litterally one of the smoothest launches I've ever seen.

Story so far: 9/10

Lag/Performance: 8/10

Server Community: 8/10

Questing: 9/10

Sound Quality: 6/10 (points taken for my disdain in the quality of the cantina soundtracks. the world music is amazing, however, as are the voiceovers)

Queue management: 8/10

World Art: 9/10

Dev communication: 8/10

Flashpoints: 9/10

PVP Warzones: 7/10 (does need work, primarily with relation to how high level abilities work and scale versus lower levels, along with looking at how shield mechanics work against/with other mechanics sometimes erroniously)

Heroic Quests: 8/10

Class Quests: 9/10

Customer Service: N/A - havent encountered, zero out of zero points awarded.

Bug reporting: 7/10 (interface could use work)

Overall Score: 9/10

Edited by Vashy

Hey guys I'm violating here I've been playing mmos for a month and a half but I've been blistering away on console since 89 good to see a clean strong thread like this one you get to a point in gaming that you can step back and take a real look at a games strengths and weaknesses I see that strong here I salute the mmo vets great thread.

so far for me

Graphics: 9/10

Sound: 8/10

Gameplay: 8/10

Story: 8/10

obviousely there will never be such thing as a perfect game. therefore thats my rating/opinion.

however the game so far does exceed expectations. just needs to fix a few tweaks im sure will be changed in the long run (i cant imagine being very usefull with 15 different DPS abilities for dps and hardly any real tanking abilities and threat generating abilities. makes things very dificult when they allow us to take on so many easy mobs and hardly any CCs to manage properly.....

i disagree with bioware that thinks mmo players are bothered by other players, thus one needs to instance the zones.

Everything else i really liked so far, but i am worried that they screw up endgame content in some way, mainly itemization.

Time will tell.

I enjoy it. Big part must be that I don't have my old crew to level up with. I'm just playing mega-casually now. Leveling, crafting, chatting, whatever. Hell, this is the first MMO where I actually enjoy doing sidequests.

Long gone are the days when we had fixed leveling times in DAOC ^^

Naturally I wish there was actualy RvR... but oh well, can't have it all

Only people who have been playing MMO's for over 10 years reply.

What do you think about this game?

Short version for me is:

Graphics: 7/10

Sound: 9/10

Gameplay: 7/10

Story: 10/10

Overall, it's a solid MMORPG. Great story, music, voice acting, classes are unique...

It's not "next-gen" or ultra different than the standard formula. Does that make it bad? No.... It's a good game. I would rate it a 8/10 or a B+.

Seeing as it's a new MMO, more will be added in time so it can only get better.

Yeah, I'd call it a top notch MMO, but there's nothing spectacuarly new or different here.

I think it'll have a long life. Will it be the WoW killer? That all depends on the frequency and the content of the expansions. It has a lot of catching up to do.

Graphics 8/10

Aesthetics 9/10

Story 10/10

Environment Design 10/10

Music 10/10

PvP 10/10

Instance Design 9/10

Game play 8/10

Graphics 9/10

Aesthetics 10/10

Story 10/10

Environmental Design 9/10

Music 10/10

PvP 8/10

Instance Design 8/10

Gameplay 9/10

Love the feel of the planets and the graphics. I find myself constantly lookin up at the sky and looking around. PvP kind of annoys me...needs a bit of work. Instances (some of the ones I've done) feel semi unfinished.

Edited by Dalmasca

Graphics 9/10

Aesthetics 9/10

Story 11/10 - Cranked it Up

Environment Design 8.5/10

Music 10/10

PvP 9/10

Instance Design 8.5/10

Game play 9/10

Stellar game in my opinion, but it's got a ways to go.

Happy to see it growing so fast.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.