STARWARS-TOR - Will It Last?

ninfanlink

Hey guys,

I’m writing this post because I am really worried about what this game will look like in a month or two.

First off I wanted to let everybody know I am having a ton of fun with this game. So before people accuse me of hating, I love the game and I am having a blast playing it but I do have my concerns.

Now with most mmo's end game content is what keeps people playing, things like rep grind, Pvp grind, raids, instances, professions and off course interaction with people. This is what leads me to my main concern about this game. Overall or at least up until level 43 this game feels like a single player game with a few multiplayer areas, you don’t really play with other people besides doing Pvp warfronts and flashbacks. So you have no world Pvp, not much grouping (besides what I said above), or even roaming planets while doing your professions (All done by your companion if you want). Even the space combat feels like a single player game.

So I think unless more mmo content (aka content to do with other people) is added to this game within a month or two, STARWARS-TOR will see a huge drop off in players within 90 days!

What do you guys think?

I doubt most people will even be through all the content in 1-2 months. The average players atleast. Ohlen already announced there's more content coming next month anyway. Seems a bit soon to me but whatever works.

I've played every MMO since Ultima and this is by far my favorite. I'll be playing a long time..

Hey guys,

I’m writing this post because I am really worried about what this game will look like in a month or two.

First off I wanted to let everybody know I am having a ton of fun with this game. So before people accuse me of hating, I love the game and I am having a blast playing it but I do have my concerns.

Now with most mmo's end game content is what keeps people playing, things like rep grind, Pvp grind, raids, instances, professions and off course interaction with people. This is what leads me to my main concern about this game. Overall or at least up until level 43 this game feels like a single player game with a few multiplayer areas, you don’t really play with other people besides doing Pvp warfronts and flashbacks. So you have no world Pvp, not much grouping (besides what I said above), or even roaming planets while doing your professions (All done by your companion if you want). Even the space combat feels like a single player game.

So I think unless more mmo content (aka content to do with other people) is added to this game within a month or two, STARWARS-TOR will see a huge drop off in players within 90 days!

What do you guys think?

When Wow was released didn't they have to patch in all the end-game content later, Like School and such? Don't worry about this right now.

The game has two raids with three difficulties, more hard-mode flashpoints than all of WOW has lv. 85 dungeons, a world PVP zone, three warzones, a robust PVP system, and two endgame planets with quests.

No.

This and they're talking about having a new OP and FP out at the beginning of the year. It will be fine.

If you're going to compare Star Wars to WoW, you need to keep in mind that one game has been out for a week and the other has been out for seven years.

and WoW was just as buggy at release.. if not more. The queues were MUCH worse that's for sure. WoW only started off with about 400k subscribers anyway. Give the game time to grow. If you're having problems than go away and come back when they've fixed everything. Just don't ***** when you're way behind as far as gear..

The game has two raids with three difficulties, more hard-mode flashpoints than all of WOW has lv. 85 dungeons, a world PVP zone, three warzones, a robust PVP system, and two endgame planets with quests.

No.

This^

EDIT: To op: My gosh mate, research what your posting about before you post

Edited by Elyons

I think it will last but it can't compete with Blizzard. I do believe blizzard can out smart any company. Now the problem I'm having is the questing. I'm a huge fan of questing and leveling alts and of course end game raiding.

Why can't they color code quests?

Heroic - red

Bonus - blue

Normal - Yellow

Class - orange

Instead all the quests are the same color, you forget you pick up a quest that is bonus or heroic and there are some quests you can't abandon. I don't get it, why did they complicate the questing? Am I having fun? Not really but the game is there. Can I be having fun? Sure if the fixed the questing and rewarded you more upon completion.

Conclusion, is there a future for Star Wars? Of course, it's got good potential. Let's see how they react when we reach the first expansion. In my opinion, it's too early to toss the game out the window. Every MMO started off like this including wow. But I do believe wow had more to offer.

and WoW was just as buggy at release.. if not more. The queues were MUCH worse that's for sure. WoW only started off with about 400k subscribers anyway. Give the game time to grow. If you're having problems than go away and come back when they've fixed everything. Just don't ***** when you're way behind as far as gear..

I disagree with the last part of your statement. If you're having problems, report them via an in-game ticket and offer constructive criticism...or go away.

Game will be dead a year from now. Not many ppl gonna stick around and pay for a single player game with no world pvp, and one warzone hutt ball. Yes I said one warzone because thats all I get ont he most populated us pvp server.

I see like 5 ppl on every planet im on. Only time the game feels like a MMO is in the empire fleet or main place.

I think it will last but it can't compete with Blizzard. I do believe blizzard can out smart any company. Now the problem I'm having is the questing. I'm a huge fan of questing and leveling alts and of course end game raiding.

Why can't they color code quests?

Heroic - red

Bonus - blue

Normal - Yellow

Class - orange

Instead all the quests are the same color, you forget you pick up a quest that is bonus or heroic and there are some quests you can't abandon. I don't get it, why did they complicate the questing? Am I having fun? Not really but the game is there. Can I be having fun? Sure if the fixed the questing and rewarded you more upon completion.

Conclusion, is there a future for Star Wars? Of course, it's got good potential. Let's see how they react when we reach the first expansion. In my opinion, it's too early to toss the game out the window. Every MMO started off like this including wow. But I do believe wow had more to offer.

The Heroics say heroic next to them, Bonus says bonus next to them. I do wish they'd change the icon above the quest givers head for Heroic Quests though, I don't really like doing them every day but I inevitably end up picking up one i've already done every day because it looks like a regular quest.

Hey guys,

What do you guys think?

Honestly...This whole feels like a single player is quite BS...Every single planet I've been on so far, I've grouped up for lots of quests especially heroics...In fact, I've grouped more while questing in TOR then I have any other MMO I've played...I really dont see where people are coming from with this...

Game will be dead a year from now.

Every multiplayer game I have ever played, whether MMO or not, and every multiplayer game I've ever read about, has had people saying exactly this. It's always the same. The same phrases, the same tired reasoning, the same dire predictions, the same outrage.

Every single one of them. The sky is always falling in their world. Trivial problems or issues experienced by a minority are suddenly game-breaking and mean catastrophe unending. It's as predictable as the sun going down.

Dogs and cats, living together- MASS HYSTERIA!

The Heroics say heroic next to them, Bonus says bonus next to them. I do wish they'd change the icon above the quest givers head for Heroic Quests though, I don't really like doing them every day but I inevitably end up picking up one i've already done every day because it looks like a regular quest.

That's what I said. Instead of icons, just use color. Grey is a low level. This way, we can look at our mini map or map and know which quests to avoid. Honestly, this complicates the game. I'm not asking them to hold my hand while I quest. Questing is very easy especially with a companion. Color code the quests and we're golden.

Someone mentioned about PVP and how it lacks. Patience as the game just came out. I'm sure there is a lot in store for this game. Time will tell and until then, we wait and play it out.

+1 for the game, but I'm still scared at the end result.

You guys are focusing to much on the wow aspect of his post.

The main parts that will drop the subs is the fact that it does feel like a single player game and play like one. Thats whats gonna hurt this game. Stop focusing on wow when ever its brought up in a thread, then rebuking with well wow had this at launch. If you want to compare wow compare it where it counts. At launch wow felt like an mmo, swtor does not that is the big difference.

That's what I said. Instead of icons, just use color. Grey is a low level. This way, we can look at our mini map or map and know which quests to avoid. Honestly, this complicates the game. I'm not asking them to hold my hand while I quest. Questing is very easy especially with a companion. Color code the quests and we're golden.

Someone mentioned about PVP and how it lacks. Patience as the game just came out. I'm sure there is a lot in store for this game. Time will tell and until then, we wait and play it out.

+1 for the game, but I'm still scared at the end result.

Ah I see, you'd have to have different colors for Heroic 4 and Heroic 2+'s then.

Lets see.

The hate machine said that there would not be 500k subscribers at launch there are now a million and counting.

Then they said that it would never beat wows launch record It's now the fastest growing MMO in history.

Now they are saying it won't last a year before it goes F2P.

silly haters..they seem to never learn. :rolleyes:

You guys are focusing to much on the wow aspect of his post.

The main parts that will drop the subs is the fact that it does feel like a single player game and play like one. Thats whats gonna hurt this game. Stop focusing on wow when ever its brought up in a thread, then rebuking with well wow had this at launch. If you want to compare wow compare it where it counts. At launch wow felt like an mmo, swtor does not that is the big difference.

As someone else noted this feels more like an MMO to me than any other MMO i've played. I actually want to group with other people and the game gives me a reason to. I see plenty of people while I'm out questing, so where exactly does this not feel like an MMO?

Hey guys,

What do you guys think?

What I think is im really bored of hearing about end game!

There is 8 classes with 8 distinct storylines and if players dont rush to end game (as some already have) you easily have 12 months of content just in the class storylines alone!

Bioware has 12 months to come up with a huge expansion that will add to the end game or (from looks of things) 12 months to do smaller additions that will equal a huge expansion.

This game is NOT about end game right now and anyone focused on end game already has completely missed the point!

Personally, Id be thrilled if they added no end game for a year so all those rush to end players do get bored and quit.

But this is what you get when you give away max level with no challenge or difficulty like WOW, RIFT, and TOR have done!

Amazing storylines that many seem to outright skip completely.