PvP Gear Stats for Madness Spec Assassin in 2.8

CYUBScooter

heres my stats im full min/maxed with brut and willpower augs and the biochem reuseable stim. With 30% crit ive been getting alot more heals vs. 25% crit almost double i went from 30-40k healing to about 80-100k healing a pvp round. Now im no math wiz so im just going by what i see on my scorecard at the end of each round.

http://i.imgur.com/mc7EnMl.png"]http://i.imgur.com/mc7EnMl.png[/url]

it makes no sense at all to me to do twice the healing just by adding 5% crit, but its 100% true tho.. I have experienced the same :p

Someone walk me through this doubling heals by adding 5% crit chance, which sounds absurd. I ask because I run with 24.37% melee crit right now and will hit around 26% when I run Madness (adding crit pieces into the Force Master set) . I don't really have the time to gear for 2 different sets, as I have 7 (soon to be 8) 55s and won't be playing Madness exclusively.

On a semi-related note, has anyone thought about using the Arkanian Stalker set bonus for Madness? 15% crit chance for Thrash, which has a 50% Surge bonus, sounds big and you'd only lose 12 expertise inside a WZ. And the PvP Force Master's set bonus doesn't do anything for your DPS, since the CD on Crushing Darkness resets every 7.5 seconds and the self-heals are too low to be noticeable unless you have no healer at all.

My signature AMR profile has a spec tied to it.

Why would you put 3 points in electric execution? As far as i know it only adds 18% damage to your lightsaber charges direct damage and not to its discharge damage, witch in lightning charges case is very low.

This may seem like a very silly question, but why stack critical on a madness build?

Madness is played ranged AOE, not melee.

I would think WP and power is the way to go for madness.

Am I missing something here?

Why would you put 3 points in electric execution? As far as i know it only adds 18% damage to your lightsaber charges direct damage and not to its discharge damage, witch in lightning charges case is very low.

This. Points towards the damage of lightning charge are a waste imo because the base damage of it is insignificant.

and on why a crit build is better: self heals on crits for dots.

This. Points towards the damage of lightning charge are a waste imo because the base damage of it is insignificant.

and on why a crit build is better: self heals on crits for dots.

What would you spend the points on? 2% DR? 3% Endurance? You'll crumple with or without either of those. You don't use Shock (Chain Shock), the entire rest of Darkness is useless for a dps. 6 seconds of extra force regen every minute and a half? Yawn. There is literally nothing left that's better to take.

Electric execution, in combination with at least 3 other talents in the madness tree (as well as the 2.8 buffs) will provide a huge dps increase in your dots...

Even on live, I'd been getting decent numbers on DoTs, where the max damage over 18 seconds was supposed to be 3-4k or something (just in what the talent says in and of itself) whereas I was getting an end result at least 5-6 times that.

i have been using EE for my madness build and i havent seen much of an improvement in damage. I hope when 2.8 comes out that will change, if not i think i will switch over to chain shock for some added burst damage and also grab the other force master set bonus that increase range on shock. With madness the higher force crit you have the higher your self heals are. I can get about 100k self heals in a reg wz when i was at 25% it was about 40-50k self heals per wz round. so pile on the crit

Electric execution, in combination with at least 3 other talents in the madness tree (as well as the 2.8 buffs) will provide a huge dps increase in your dots...

Even on live, I'd been getting decent numbers on DoTs, where the max damage over 18 seconds was supposed to be 3-4k or something (just in what the talent says in and of itself) whereas I was getting an end result at least 5-6 times that.

What 3 other talents from the madness tree are you talking about? Your saying that adding some % to the charges damage of Lighting charge your dots will do 5-6 times more damage? Or am i understanding it all wrong :rolleyes:

I think people are confusing 2 different things:

Lightning Charge

Instant

Force: 100

Charges your lightsaber with lightning, giving your attacks a 50% chance to deal 214 energy damage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds. Requires a double-bladed lightsaber or electrostaff. Does not break Stealth.

Discharge

Instant

Force: 20

Range: 10 m

Unleashes your current lightsaber charge upon the target, applying an effect based on your current charge. Only usable with a charged lightsaber. Requires a double-bladed lightsaber or electrostaff.

Lightning Charge: Deals 1471 periodic energy damage over 18 seconds.

Electric Execution

Increases the damage dealt by your lightsaber charges by 6/12/18%

So lightsaber charges have charge damage AND discharge damage..the charge damage is that small instant damage that happens when use initially use discharge and the discharge damage is the dot that you put on the target. Electric Execution only increases that initial damage by a % and not the dot itself. So if you have 2 skillpoints left thats 12% added to the 214 energy damage... It's the same with 'charge mastery' witch adds 45% critchance to the charge damage and not the discharge damage.

Pre 2.8 i actually do use shock, so personally i rather spend those points in there. It's still some nice damage when you dubble shock and they both crit. Witch happens a lot with 30% crit.

Edited by mtanios

Electric Execution does not buff discharge dot. It buffs damage from lightning charge.

I'll test this out and see if i like it, but on paper i like my spec.

Hmmm, I could be wrong then.

I do remember though that while the total damage it says on the skill itself is something like 3400 over 18 seconds (I can't remember), but due to other talents, the damage is increased, especially when critting, so there'd be times I'd be getting 1200 ticks and whatnot.

I'm closing in on 55 and I was wondering if anyone knows, off the top of their head, what the smoothest way of gearing up for madness would be, in terms of pieces so I get close to the ideal stats without having to tweak too much?

On a different note, madness has been pretty good the last couple of days. Granted that I'm still in lowbie but I can't remember losing to any deception sins, with the exception of one who snuck up and tunneled me while I was doing something els. How would you deem the odds in a fight between madness and deception, assuming the players are of equal skill?

I'm closing in on 55 and I was wondering if anyone knows, off the top of their head, what the smoothest way of gearing up for madness would be, in terms of pieces so I get close to the ideal stats without having to tweak too much?

On a different note, madness has been pretty good the last couple of days. Granted that I'm still in lowbie but I can't remember losing to any deception sins, with the exception of one who snuck up and tunneled me while I was doing something els. How would you deem the odds in a fight between madness and deception, assuming the players are of equal skill?

You're going to have to buy armorings and relics/implants anyways so there's nothing you can do starting out except to keep buying the obroan pieces. It doesn't take too long though, most obroan stuf is 1000 or less wz comms which are quite easy to accumulate.

Also, if you have other 55's and some gree gear (adaptive BOA) you can do dailies on all your 55's for faster comms and legacy everything over to your sin. IIRC anyone can buy the gree gear from a vendor on ilum, though there is a requirement for that, some pve faction standings thing.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Hello All.

I am recently returned to SWTOR and would like to know if someone could direct me to a good 2.8 PVP guide for Sin Madness. Any help with builds and rotations that I could pair with this stat information would be great.

Thank you all, and Happy Gaming!

Hello All.

I am recently returned to SWTOR and would like to know if someone could direct me to a good 2.8 PVP guide for Sin Madness. Any help with builds and rotations that I could pair with this stat information would be great.

Thank you all, and Happy Gaming!

dulfy.com is a great place to learn your rotations and such

Edited by JP_Legatus

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm, I could be wrong then.

I do remember though that while the total damage it says on the skill itself is something like 3400 over 18 seconds (I can't remember), but due to other talents, the damage is increased, especially when critting, so there'd be times I'd be getting 1200 ticks and whatnot.

I don't think it works that way or we would have been able to read that somewhere in the skill point description.

On another note i've been playing ranked and testing madness with both 25% and 30% crit for many games. I can tell you that the way i play i get a 20-30% increase in damage per arena round when i play with 30% crit. I've played 100 games with 25% and 100 games with 30% crit. I didn't parse anything or have any clue why this is but i just noticed these things.

At 25% crit

- i'm top damage 6/10 games

- when im number 1 i barely did 5k damage more then the second guy

At 50% crit

- I'm top damage 9/10 games

- sometimes i do 30% more damage then the second guy

- my self-healing is 2x more then it is when i got 25% crit

- way more burst moments

Maybe someone that knows about this stuff should start parsing some arena games. i base this all on arena's because it's because its the most competitive form of pvp right now.