Advanced class switch

Sithsombrero

Living with the consequences of my actions isn't very threatening. I do that every day. :)

Just for grins though, go back and reread my posts without your 'WOAHENTITLEMENT!!111!' glasses on. I'm pretty sure I was clear on the fact that I don't have a problem with leveling the characters I planned on leveling.

You've said that, but the overall theme in your posts leaves me doubting your veracity.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your so silly to think you "Earned" a advanced class, you chose it but the only thing you earn is skill points.

So, if you level an assassin, did you not earn that assassin? Did you earn a powertech when you leveled that assassin? Did you earn a marauder when you leveled that assassin?

If you level an assassin to max level, you've earned the option to play that assassin at max level. You have not earned the option to play a sorcerer at max level until you've leveled a sorcerer to max level.

Why do you feel so threatened when someone suggests that you actually live with the consequences to which you agreed when you made a choice and confirmed that choice was the one you wanted to make? Why do you feel so threatened when someone brings up the fact that you were advised no less than four times by no less than two different NPC's that your choice was permanent?

Its convenienced fixed, its like saying you Ordered Fish in a restaurant and you decide to change to steak is that valid?

Ofcourse afterall youre eating your meal, convenience means a lot to some people.

So, if you level an assassin, did you not earn that assassin? Did you earn a powertech when you leveled that assassin? Did you earn a marauder when you leveled that assassin?

If you level an assassin to max level, you've earned the option to play that assassin at max level. You have not earned the option to play a sorcerer at max level until you've leveled a sorcerer to max level.

Let me put it simple for you:

You didnt "Earn" a "Assasin" you earned the points you place on your advanced class, that is why there is plenty of assassins rolling out there.

You should be able to spend your skill points in your Class tree, be it DPS or HEAL because advanced class should not restrict you on how you play.

Its convenienced fixed, its like saying you Ordered Fish in a restaurant and you decide to change to steak is that valid?

Ofcourse afterall youre eating your meal, convenience means a lot to some people.

I've yet to see any restaurant allow a customer to order fish, eat the fish and then give the customer a steak when the customer complains that they "made a 'bad choice' and meant to order the steak" without charging the customer for the steak.

It's a lot like when you choose mercenary (fish) you don't get a powertech (steak) without leveling one (paying for the steak).

Let me put it simple for you:

You didnt "Earn" a "Assasin" you earned the points you place on your advanced class, that is why there is plenty of assassins rolling out there.

You should be able to spend your skill points in your Class tree, be it DPS or HEAL because advanced class should not restrict you on how you play.

You can spend your points in your CLASS (AC) tree. If you are a mercenary, you can heal or DPS. You cannot tank, though. Tanking is reserved for powertechs.

You've said that, but the overall theme in your posts leaves me doubting your veracity.

Respectfully suggesting that you've read waaaay too much into the 'theme' of my posts.

I'll clarify:

If BW/EA decided not to add AC swap ever, I'd still level the characters I plan on leveling based on the interests I have and the stories I want to see. I might not stay sub'd as long as I would otherwise, but in the grand scheme of things, that's probably not a huge deal for either party (BW/EA or myself).

If, on the other hand, they decided in favor of adding such a feature, I'd abuse it mercilessly (by which I mean I'd probably swap a couple times a month depending on my mood). The characters that I had lost interest might seem more appealing if I were allowed to play them a different way as I saw fit. I don't group a lot, and so wouldn't be an undue burden on anyone else.

I'm cool with it either way - I just disagree that AC equates to class.

And now, I'm gonna slowly back away because you, my friend, are wrapped to tight for living.

The point is should be restrictive not something that can be used and abused as a Flavor of the Month change when something changes in one advanced class someone doesn't like.

You can get 1,000 cc for about $10.00 (American) and do you know how easy $10.00 is to get. Most people spend that much a week on coffee when or something like that. It should cost more. 2000-3000 cc would give a person some time to consider what they are doing without just doing it because the advanced class got changed in a way they might not like.

The legacy level needs to be high enough that the person changing it has at least level a toon or two. I am against it for a player that is looking for a easy way out. My legacy is not that high but I would be okay with it being high as it would make me consider what and why I am doing it.

The cooldown needs to be long enough that they are not doing it every time they turn around because of some change in the advanced class. I have read all the complaints about changes in the advanced classes and some of mine have been changed but you know what I did, I learned to make adjustments and continued on. I didn't quit and then come expecting to be able to change my advance class because of it.

The problem is too many people quit when things change or get a little difficult or they want to blame someone else for their mistakes.

I am not supporting this advanced class switch but it they do it I hope they make it restrictive that it will not be abused and then we have to deal with people switching every 5 minutes.