So word on the street is they are soon to announce Voss as playable race...

Malckiah

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is they could add a monkey butt as a playable race at this point and it would sell well, but not as well as an asked for race like Togruta. But at least Voss may not be the only race coming by the end of the year.

Um I can assure you my source is diiferent

I can assure you most people won't take you seriously, since - like I pointed out already - they had this discussion already two(!!!) months ago or so.

You haven't brought anything new to the table that makes it worth revisiting the discussion.

I can assure you most people won't take you seriously, since - like I pointed out already - they had this discussion already two(!!!) months ago or so.

You haven't brought anything new to the table that makes it worth revisiting the discussion.

Funny thing is...I don't care what you think of me....time has a way of showing who knew something and who didn't

This gets tiresome. On both sides. He won't provide a source, so take that as you will... but does that really justify having a silly discussion about essentially nothing? You know how he'll react to criticism, just ignore him and let the thread drop and disappear in the debths of the forum... or maybe it'll actually spark a discussion.

Funny thing is...I don't care what you think of me....time has a way of showing who knew something and who didn't

I wasn't the one who backed off a few minutes ago...

You would have a leg to stand on if I had said they are for sure coming, but alas I did not.

Regardless, doesn't take much intellect to figure out what you're doing.

But who wants it?

I mean don't get me wrong new content is nice, but I don't think Voss is desired by most of us....could be wrong though.

It's more about what's doable than what's the most popular choice or most requested. For Bioware at least.

The easiest way to describe the situation is basically that the Voss are the easiest race to do (for Bioware) of the most requested races. They can use the existing body types and don't present any graphical issues like clipping. They can also use all the existing armors and helmets with no problems too.

We know that the Togruta, Nautolans, etc, are all far more requested/desired than the Voss, but they're of course more resource intensive to do. With the Togruta they can at least recycle the playable faces that exist in the game now but when I start thinking about the variety and options that they would need to create for something like the Nautolans (where they can't recycle anything) I can/could see why they'd want to avoid them or would prefer something like the Voss instead.

You also gotta keep in mind that Bioware created the Voss and as such are going to have a partial bias to them of course.

Another thing that never really occurred to me until Darth_Wicked mentioned it another thread was that they probably won't do/add a "unattractive" race to the game, simply because they wouldn't sell as much as an attractive race would. For instance races like the Nikto or Weequay would probably never sell very well, where as a much more visually appealing race has a chance at selling better.

Alot of people like to bring up the lore breaking aspect of playable Voss, but honestly that sort of thing went out the window when you could play any race with any class. Plus you're race rarely if ever ever comes up in the game. It's your class that you play really and the thing you are constantly identified by.

Personally I would rather see the more requested races like Togruta and Nautolans over the Voss, but I can completely/easily understand why they would add/do the Voss over any other race at this point.

But who wants it?

I mean don't get me wrong new content is nice, but I don't think Voss is desired by most of us....could be wrong though.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Voss are the best race in the game! -bp

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

(Darn! Snark backfire! Now I really want to watch that movie again. Oh, well, could be worse, I suppose. :))

Another thing that never really occurred to me until Darth_Wicked mentioned it another thread was that they probably won't do/add a "unattractive" race to the game, simply because they wouldn't sell as much as an attractive race would. For instance races like the Nikto or Weequay would probably never sell very well, where as a much more visually appealing race has a chance at selling better.

Which is a really big shame. For me SWTORs biggest flaw was always the lack of interesting racial choices. I understand why they made the races like they are and why they chose only humanoid races, but... those races are just boring. When it comes to RPGs I usually tend to play the least human looking race. In WoW I played Horde for that very reason, most of my characters were Trolls, with some Orcs and Tauren thrown into the mix... in Guild Wars 2 my most played Characters are Charr, Asura and Sylvari.

Humans are boring. Green skinned humans are boring.

And it was a huge, HUGE disappointment that a game with so many interesting and strange races in the available lore decided to go down the "differently coloured humans" route. Weequay, Nikto... all that would've been great. I would've loved to be able to play an Ithorian... maybe a Selkath, a Quarren. Hell, even a Gungan would be more interesting than what they have. -_-

Edited by Wylf

I'll bet you 1000 credits that he will never respond to this post at all. (or maby he'll claim it isn't solo if you use your companion :rolleyes: )

That's my understanding as well. ;)

FFS, why do I always end up with the last post on a page, that nobody will ever read? Twice in this thread already -_-

I sympathize, mate. :o

Whenever I post a picture of one of my characters on the "Show your characters" thread or whenever I write down a huge wall of text, the same thing happens.

You won! I stand corrected, but indeed Daniel said that.

I was wrong then.

Regardless...

(...) but indeed Daniel said that.

I'm supposed to take your word for it then? What's your source on that? NSA? GenoHaradan?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Newp, not interested in the Voss. I find them annoying, lazy and sanctimonious. Absolutely vile race of people. Gormak are awesome.

Most of my time on Voss was spent wishing I could beat every single Voss with a wet Bantha.

Same here, I find them pretty boring. If they bring out a new race I'm hoping its something more interesting.

Would love Togruta, but I understand why its a lot work to make. I wouldn't care about clipping issues or autohiding helmet tough.

Voss on other hand, well, I would like it to be added as well. Maybe they could relaese "human reskin bundle" that contained 2 or 3 human recolors like Voss, Echani and something that type?

Nautolan again is big blah, I could never watch something ugly trough all cutscenes:D

The "real" word-on-the-street from last week here in Vancouver is NO plans for new SPECIES (not races, they were very adamant about that wording) in the near future. Yes, Cathar was a great success, but as of now there are no new species in the works.

I really don't get why people post bad information without any kind of proof. It just makes them look stupid.

What makes them look like total morons, though, is derailing their thread in their own OP.

Edited by PetFish