People who quit losing games in PvP

Vergothe

Not only is this really bad etiquette and bad sportsmanship, it's also very bad for the players who come in after the people have left the match.

Quitting a PvP match early cause your team is trash should not be allowed. It completely ruins PvP experience.

First, I agree 100% wholeheartedly that premades should NOT be allowed to fight against pugs. PvP (assuming both sides are equally skilled) will always favor the side that is more coordinated. But that isn't what the topic is really about, it's about leaving a losing match! Just know that you are probably going to run into a LOT of games where your team is absolutely terrible. It's going to happen from time to time.

If you join PvP solo you should EXPECT your team to be trash. You should EXPECT to get a bunch of horrible moronic retard idiots that don't have any clue how to PvP at all, and they are probably just there to get the dailies done for extra xp for the day. (Which is also why I'm 100% against any dailies for PvP).

So knowing this, that you now EXPECT your team to be total trash, when you find out they are actually total trash you shouldn't be surprised. You stick it out and finish the map, just like myself and many others do. If you quit early then people like myself join in and are pissed of we're already half way through a game that is 100% guaranteed loss.

Suggestions to fix this:

1) If someone purposely quits a PvP game, they are DONE FOR THE DAY! They cannot que that day any longer. (The kick timer should be extended on the map with the exploding pylons because of this rule)

2) If someone gets 'disconnected' from 2 matches in a day, they are DONE FOR THE DAY! You cannot que any more during that day! (some may say, well what if my connections just bad? To which I say you shouldn't be joining PvP in the first place. I've played for a month and had 0 connection inerruptions).

3) If someone quits or disconnects from more than 4 games during a week, they are DONE FOR THE WEEK! No more queing for PvP for the rest of the week!

Sounds harsh? Well good. It should be. It's terrible sportsmanship and not fun for either the winning team to watch everyone just leave, or for the people who come in after they leave.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May you be cursed to be the eternal backfller into matches where you are always outnumbered. Never again shall you join a match from the start, and never again shall you join a match where your team actually has a full roster of players.

I reserve the right to leave matches that I backfill into, and/or matches that the game allows to start at a deficit of 2 or more players in a warzone (i.e. 5 or 6 v. 8) or any 3v4 in an arena. The former, I claim no responsibility for cleaning up the mess made by others before I arrived; the latter, the game should never have allowed such a match to start in the first place until the teams were numerically even. It's usually better for all involved to force such a shorthanded mach to end early, before the backfill cascade even has a chance to start.

I might have agreed with you to a point, but I have no sympathy for those who wish to force me to decide between spending my limited time suffering the above two situations or being locked out of my (usually) favorite recreational activity for up to a week at a time.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I might have agreed with you to a point, but I have no sympathy for those who wish to force me to decide between spending my limited time suffering the above two situations or being locked out of my (usually) favorite recreational activity for up to a week at a time.

If you don't quit early, u won't get locked out.

What's the problem? I don't see the issue here.

I had a game once where we demolished the other team on a huttball map, killing all of them, scored once, and they ALL QUIT!

Instant victory!

You're OK with this? I'm not.

If you don't quit early, u won't get locked out.

What's the problem? I don't see the issue here.

I had a game once where we demolished the other team on a huttball map, killing all of them, scored once, and they ALL QUIT!

Instant victory!

You're OK with this? I'm not.

So you're arguing that I should have to suffer through 2 rounds of a 3v4 arena (hell I even fought through a 2v4 arena once, never again), or lock myself out of warzones for the day.

Or I should have to suffer defending Round 1 voidstar short three players, against a full team, or lock myself out because Bioware can't get its **** together about coding matches that actually wait to start until the teams are numerically fair.

And by "numerically fair," I simply mean 4v4, 8v8, hell even 7v7 if there's only 14 players in the queue. I'm not even taking into account the usual QQ about skill/bads.

If I am in the starting roster of a numerically fair game, I will play it through barring exceptional circumstances that make eating even your proposed lockout worth it.

However, it is wholly unreasonable to apply your standard to matches that the matchmaker should not even be starting/allowing to start in the first place (cf. 3v4 arenas, 5v8 warzones, etc). Furthermore, while it is usually considered bad form to leave a match you already started for reasons you've already stated, the expectation that you as a backfiller should be forced to clean up someone else's mess (that you weren't there to create) is much thinner at best.

Nice strawman you tried to throw back out me, btw.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

So you're arguing that I should have to suffer through 2 rounds of a 3v4 arena (hell I even fought through a 2v4 arena once, never again), or lock myself out of warzones for the day.

Or I should have to suffer defending Round 1 voidstar short three players, against a full team, or lock myself out because Bioware can't get its **** together about coding matches that actually wait to start until the teams are numerically fair.

And by "numerically fair," I simply mean 4v4, 8v8, hell even 7v7 if there's only 14 players in the queue. I'm not even taking into account the usual QQ about skill/bads.

If I am in the starting roster of a numerically fair game, I will play it through barring exceptional circumstances that make eating even your proposed lockout worth it.

However, it is wholly unreasonable to apply your standard to matches that the matchmaker should not even be starting/allowing to start in the first place (cf. 3v4 arenas, 5v8 warzones, etc). Furthermore, while it is usually considered bad form to leave a match you already started for reasons you've already stated, the expectation that you as a backfiller should be forced to clean up someone else's mess (that you weren't there to create) is much thinner at best.

Nice strawman you tried to throw back out me, btw.

Yes to all of the above.

If the game isn't working as intended, then someone needs to fix it.

If people are leaving cause their team just flat out sucks, they need to be punished.

Yes to all of the above.

If people are leaving cause their team just flat out sucks, they need to be punished.

Yes, I just wanted to point out the things that need to be addressed/fixed with the warzone queue system before deserter debuffs are implemented. If matches actually started out with the same number of players on each team and if we had the option to turn off backfill, deserter penalties would be much fairer for all involved. :)

Not only is this really bad etiquette and bad sportsmanship, it's also very bad for the players who come in after the people have left the match.

Quitting a PvP match early cause your team is trash should not be allowed. It completely ruins PvP experience.

First, I agree 100% wholeheartedly that premades should NOT be allowed to fight against pugs. PvP (assuming both sides are equally skilled) will always favor the side that is more coordinated. But that isn't what the topic is really about, it's about leaving a losing match! Just know that you are probably going to run into a LOT of games where your team is absolutely terrible. It's going to happen from time to time.

If you join PvP solo you should EXPECT your team to be trash. You should EXPECT to get a bunch of horrible moronic retard idiots that don't have any clue how to PvP at all, and they are probably just there to get the dailies done for extra xp for the day. (Which is also why I'm 100% against any dailies for PvP).

So knowing this, that you now EXPECT your team to be total trash, when you find out they are actually total trash you shouldn't be surprised. You stick it out and finish the map, just like myself and many others do. If you quit early then people like myself join in and are pissed of we're already half way through a game that is 100% guaranteed loss.

Suggestions to fix this:

1) If someone purposely quits a PvP game, they are DONE FOR THE DAY! They cannot que that day any longer. (The kick timer should be extended on the map with the exploding pylons because of this rule)

2) If someone gets 'disconnected' from 2 matches in a day, they are DONE FOR THE DAY! You cannot que any more during that day! (some may say, well what if my connections just bad? To which I say you shouldn't be joining PvP in the first place. I've played for a month and had 0 connection inerruptions).

3) If someone quits or disconnects from more than 4 games during a week, they are DONE FOR THE WEEK! No more queing for PvP for the rest of the week!

Sounds harsh? Well good. It should be. It's terrible sportsmanship and not fun for either the winning team to watch everyone just leave, or for the people who come in after they leave.

They will never in their right mind implement this system.

Case in point. I only PVP. I despise playing with these morons you talk about who have no concept of what PVP is about. I quit a couple of games. I get locked out of PVP for a week, a day, an hour, 5 mins, whatever, will do nothing whatsoever other than make me think....hmm, I am here to PVP, BW will not let me play the game I want to play during my limited leisure time, goodbye sub, there is zero point continuing to pay to play something they are not allowing me to do.

With the current state of this game, I guarantee you this will hurt them, a lot more than the players.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Stop sucking and fewer people will leave. While your expectations are quite low, I expect at least some bit of competence. I get paid at work to deal with stupid people and I am not about to deal with them in my free time. Edited by HelinCarnate

Yes to all of the above.

Why? They get no rewards for leaving. That is their punishment. You stay you get xp (if you are not 55), coms, valor and credits. They leave, they get nothing.

I don't pay a subscription to be forced to play out a WZ with complete ******* on my team. I play for fun, if the WZ I am in is not fun I will leave. That said I don't leave every single loss WZ, infact I stay for the majority of them, it's usually the no hopers that I leave. Some of my highest scores (hpd, dps, prot) are from lost games but they were still fun games. Edited by NotAnyOldName

Why? They get no rewards for leaving. That is their punishment. You stay you get xp (if you are not 55), coms, valor and credits. They leave, they get nothing.

This exactly. No stay. No reward. In ranked, you lose rating for it.

Stop sucking and fewer people will leave. While your expectations are quite low, I expect at least some bit of competence. I get paid at work to deal with stupid people and I am not about to deal with them in my free time.

This too. Some people aren't into running a **** player outreach program. Let them go.

Sometimes you see a top PVP guild double stacked premade, and '**** you I'm out of here" is the best answer to an 8 player team pug stomp.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Here's the deal, backfills are probably the main reason to why I sometimes drop. And no, I'm not dropping particulary often, I would say that it's pretty rare. However, after having spent 30 minutes in queue getting nothing but *********** Arena and backfills I'm not the happy guy I was when I came online and was excited about playing.

So when i finally get an 8 vs 8 - and get to be there from start - and my team decides to do something utterly retarded I'm out of there. I'm not talking about losing fair and square to a better team, that rarely happens. No, it's always some stupid crap like going for third when you barely could get two or when the entire team decides to lemming away and give up whatever we had. Hell, I've quit because of things like that even when we (in this context I'm really meaning "me") managed to keep it together and still have the lead.

Hence, based on my own behaviour I'd say that people would be more tolerant and willing to stay in BS games if BW eliminated all the other crap we have to endure when we queue.

I don't pay a subscription to be forced to play out a WZ with complete ******* on my team. I play for fun, if the WZ I am in is not fun I will leave. That said I don't leave every single loss WZ, infact I stay for the majority of them, it's usually the no hopers that I leave.

Exactly. For example, I don't see the other team score once in Huttball and leave. I leave when 1 person scores by themselves and 4 people chase them around the goal area and the next person walks in without being touched thanks to the distraction.

This problem won't go away untill there's a penalty for leaving ang AFK'ing in warzones.

Make a penalty for leaving and people will camp one objective and do nothing. How do you put in a penalty for being AFK? Those people are hardly ever actually AFK. Most times they are camping an objective waiting for the pain to be over.

Stop sucking and fewer people will leave. While your expectations are quite low, I expect at least some bit of competence. I get paid at work to deal with stupid people and I am not about to deal with them in my free time.

This. I wasted an hour of my time the other night - mostly due to Arena pops, which I leave the moment I see them and the PvP Bad.

In games like Civil War and Voidstar, I am damn good at guarding, even against two players or more, as I use my Sin tricks to delay for as long as I can while I call for help the SECOND I see the enemy. It pisses me off when a bomb gets planted the other side after just 25 seconds of play. So I quit.

The mentality of the 'PvP Bad' of 'leave it to someone else to guard' doesnt wash and since the arrival of Arenas, the standard of PvP in 8v8 has declined. Players rarely focus on objectives now, rarely come when you call for help and I am still stun locked why someone would watch two enemy run half way across a map and say NOTHING. Getting ganked by stealth is different but these aren't stealth classes.

Most PvP'ers can handle losing if it's a hard fought game and the other side were just better - but for me, losing through outright stupidity is not an option I will put up with

This. I wasted an hour of my time the other night - mostly due to Arena pops, which I leave the moment I see them and the PvP Bad.

In games like Civil War and Voidstar, I am damn good at guarding, even against two players or more, as I use my Sin tricks to delay for as long as I can while I call for help the SECOND I see the enemy. It pisses me off when a bomb gets planted the other side after just 25 seconds of play. So I quit.

The mentality of the 'PvP Bad' of 'leave it to someone else to guard' doesnt wash and since the arrival of Arenas, the standard of PvP in 8v8 has declined. Players rarely focus on objectives now, rarely come when you call for help and I am still stun locked why someone would watch two enemy run half way across a map and say NOTHING. Getting ganked by stealth is different but these aren't stealth classes.

Most PvP'ers can handle losing if it's a hard fought game and the other side were just better - but for me, losing through outright stupidity is not an option I will put up with

I very much agree. The issue is not losing, close fought losses can be just as much fun as the win, it is having to play alongside people who are clueless and do nothing to enhance the team. I gave up charity in this game a long time ago, I am not here to carry people who cannot be arsed doing the basics correctly themselves.

On a side note. you can bet your bottom dollar the type of player who wants penalties imposed tor leavers. The type of player who is oblivious to all around them, who thinks that the "voidstar door guard faerie" did a good job in that last game, or those "HB ball carrying bots" are just amazing. gives me plenty of time to get some BIG numbers derping around like a moron!!!

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Best excuse from a PvP BAD -

Me -

'Why didn't you call when you say that Commando come under the bridge?'

BAD -

'He stunned me, so I couldn't move'.

I had no idea stuns now have an impact on users keyboards! Did I mention he was another Assassin? L2P

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Best excuse from a PvP BAD -

Me -

'Why didn't you call when you say that Commando come under the bridge?'

BAD -

'He stunned me, so I couldn't move'.

I had no idea stuns now have an impact on users keyboards! Did I mention he was another Assassin? L2P

There are basic things people should be doing then they are guarding....I gave up long ago trying to explain to people how a simple copy/paste can work wonders for their ability to call incomings.

There are basic things people should be doing then they are guarding....I gave up long ago trying to explain to people how a simple copy/paste can work wonders for their ability to call incomings.

Although sometimes even that does not help.

Me: 2 incoming snow.

5 seconds later.

Me: 3 inc

10 seconds later.

Me: 3 at snow, just me here.

30 seconds later after blowing CDs stims, medpacs and doing everything I can to keep 3 people from killing me and from capping and no one coming to help.

Me: Lost snow

Random bad: *** dude why didn't you call for help!

Here are my suggestions to fix this issue:

1) If 2 people are guarding an objective that is currently uncontested and a 3rd person comes to "help", they are DONE FOR THE DAY! They cannot que that day any longer.

2) If one person is guarding an objective alone and they call for help and state that there are 2 people incoming, the 3rd person (and any after) to come rushing to their aid, leaving the other objective with too few to defend they are DONE FOR THE DAY! You cannot que any more during that day!

3) If there are 5 people at a door in voidstar and they are too busy trying to get their damage numbers up and someone manages to sneak by them and put a bomb on the door, all 5 of them are DONE FOR THE DAY!

4) If there are 5 people in voidstar guarding a door and they are fighting only 1 person and not a single one bothers to think, "gee I wonder where the other 7 guys on the other team are right now" they are DONE FOR THE DAY!

5) If someone gets the ball in huttball and they make no effort to get the ball closer to the goal by passing or moving they are DONE FOR THE DAY!. Example would be a sniper or gunslinger that killed the ball carrier but just sits there continuing to shoot people, oblivious to the fact that they managed to get the ball.

I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. If we start punishing people for not using their brains, then people eventually figure out how to play without being stupid and fewer people leave the warzones.

1) If 2 people are guarding an objective that is currently uncontested and a 3rd person comes to "help", they are DONE FOR THE DAY! They cannot que that day any longer.

2) If one person is guarding an objective alone and they call for help and state that there are 2 people incoming, the 3rd person (and any after) to come rushing to their aid, leaving the other objective with too few to defend they are DONE FOR THE DAY! You cannot que any more during that day!

3) If there are 5 people at a door in voidstar and they are too busy trying to get their damage numbers up and someone manages to sneak by them and put a bomb on the door, all 5 of them are DONE FOR THE DAY!

4) If there are 5 people in voidstar guarding a door and they are fighting only 1 person and not a single one bothers to think, "gee I wonder where the other 7 guys on the other team are right now" they are DONE FOR THE DAY!

5) If someone gets the ball in huttball and they make no effort to get the ball closer to the goal by passing or moving they are DONE FOR THE DAY!. Example would be a sniper or gunslinger that killed the ball carrier but just sits there continuing to shoot people, oblivious to the fact that they managed to get the ball.

I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. If we start punishing people for not using their brains, then people eventually figure out how to play without being stupid and fewer people leave the warzones.

I NEVER, EVER abandon WZs, no matter how stupid the group is.

But I will sign this petition multiple times! ^^

I <3 HelinCarnate!

Suggestions to fix this:

I totally disagree and i have the right to do so, same that i have the right to leave a wz if i want to. I always, absolutely always play objectives, while i see a lot of games with ppl who dont play objectives, and ofc when i see that i leave the wz. there are many other reasons to leave the wz but for me this is the main one, and backfilling a losing match too.

PvP its very little rewarding in my opinion, and many times it is frustrating and makes you to rage quit. However, its the part i like the most about this game, and quitting a wz should be always allowed, just like if you quit a fp, or a pve mission or whatever.

*chuckles* yep. (I never quit a wz. Only disconnects. And I would not like to get punished for my internetconnection being *****.)

They will never in their right mind implement this system.

Case in point. I only PVP. I despise playing with these morons you talk about who have no concept of what PVP is about. I quit a couple of games. I get locked out of PVP for a week, a day, an hour, 5 mins, whatever, will do nothing whatsoever other than make me think....hmm, I am here to PVP, BW will not let me play the game I want to play during my limited leisure time, goodbye sub, there is zero point continuing to pay to play something they are not allowing me to do.

With the current state of this game, I guarantee you this will hurt them, a lot more than the players.

Jip ... people who think like you are the issue mate :(

Very bad sportsmanship and bioware can't do much about it without loosing out your subs/cartel coins.

To bad that humanity is so screwed up that a lot of people act like this.

In Dutch we have a term for this. Its called 'BV ik'. Freely translated this means something like 'corporation me'. It means that those persons are thinking mostly about themselves. Generalizing this goes for the people born around and after 1986. They have grown up with the idea that everything goes, no consequences and that you have the freedom to do and say anything.

More characteristics are:

Impatient, can't cope with setbacks, bad concentration skills, spoiled, egocentric and stubborn.

When someone rages in PvP about how big a moron the whole team is I see at least 5 of the above characteristics.

This also means that most likely the person who left wasn't playing topnotch either. If you have the time to write in opschat like that you aren't playing the best you can do. Best example I can give is an ancient hypergate match I played earlier today.

We had both pylons when we suddenly lost our own pylon. The imp pylon only had 2 or 3 imps and the person whining in chat wasn't guarding ours. Yeah ..... anyone can do that math I think. You MUST blame yourself too since YOU didn't called out that our own pylon needed more guards most likely. If you see 2-3 imps max the other 5-6 are most likely ****** the other side ;-)

The general idea is that quitters often fail to realize that they were part of the reason why the match was turning for the worse. By leaving they make the matter even worse since you are than at a disadvantage (7 vs 8). It takes time for the replacement to come and take over your spot. The more people leave the more likely it will be that the match is lost.

As a last note I want to say that many games where people have left the game were in the end winning matches. Not sure if thats because the quitter was a larger reason to the fail than he thought or that the group got their act together. I think its a mixture of both.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.