Why can't a fully spec'd Madness Sorc cleanse FORCE HOTS???

Cretinus

I don't understand why a fully spec'd Madness Sorc can't cleanse Healer Sorc HOTS? It's retarded. I know every sorc gets purge/cleanse so it would be unfair if any healer Sorc/Sage could do it. But that's the point of being a DPS (not a hybrid DPS) is also to keep players of the other team from getting heals....

Can someone explain the thought process here?

Before we talk about cleaning force HOTS, I think we need to deal with the operative's healing.

Not that they shouldn't be able to heal as well as they do, but maybe each time they cast a healing power, it takes 1/10th of their total health pool.

Not that they shouldn't be able to heal as well as they do, but maybe each time they cast a healing power, it takes 1/10th of their total health pool.

What is a healing power? Do you mean kolto injection? That 2+ second cast that heals for less than dark infusion? Op healers are not OP after their nerf and buff to damage. If your team focuses them long enough, even if they are guarded they will die. Once they are out of TAs, they are finished.

What is a healing power? Do you mean kolto injection? That 2+ second cast that heals for less than dark infusion? Op healers are not OP after their nerf and buff to damage. If your team focuses them long enough, even if they are guarded they will die. Once they are out of TAs, they are finished.

they are pretty squishy since the weapon damage increase and venegeance becoming FOTM and both combined :p

I don't understand why a fully spec'd Madness Sorc can't cleanse Healer Sorc HOTS? It's retarded. I know every sorc gets purge/cleanse so it would be unfair if any healer Sorc/Sage could do it. But that's the point of being a DPS (not a hybrid DPS) is also to keep players of the other team from getting heals....

Can someone explain the thought process here?

The only HoT sorc heals have is called resurgence. I have no problem with a fully spec'd madness sorc to have the ability to remove the HoT from that ability when your DoT is cast.

Nice troll too...

/endthread

It would be a very good trade of. :D

Sorc heals get to cleanse all force dots (they would just have to remove the dot prot from madness) and madness sorcs can cleanse the hot a sorc heal can apply.

You just need the first tick of the hot to get the proc and after that it's just fluff.

While a troll thread, Offensive dispels are something I miss from other games. Even one with an 6-10 second cooldown would bring an interesting dynamic to the game, IMHO.

It would also completely ruin the balance they've achieved so far.

adding offensive dispels would require a complete rework of the healers and every def cd in the game

Edited by Never_Hesitate

What is a healing power?

A power that heals. That adds to your target's health pool.

I'm going to guess that the question you mean to ask and the question you actually asked are different.

Do you mean kolto injection?

Yes, that's a healing power.

Kolto infusion, diagnostic scan, kolto probe, surgical probe, and recuperative nanotech are also healing powers.

It would be a very good trade of. :D

Sorc heals get to cleanse all force dots (they would just have to remove the dot prot from madness) and madness sorcs can cleanse the hot a sorc heal can apply.

You just need the first tick of the hot to get the proc and after that it's just fluff.

It would also completely ruin the balance they've achieved so far.

adding offensive dispels would require a complete rework of the healers and every def cd in the game

What is this balance you speak of in PVP? In the only PVP that matters, there are master specs and everyone else.

although this thread is slightly ridiculous as it is, i have one mildly serious question:

Does the game engine actually discriminate between force and tech heals? I see no indication or have heard on anything that such a difference is actually made. So far eveything suggests there are just heals, no matter what the origin they have.