The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Miraluka masks

This is the sort of thing that definitely would (should?) have appeared as a Customization unlock if they hadn't given up on the Custom series immediately after trying it.

I still don't understand why they abandoned the Customization unlocks. They're one of my top sellers, I never fail to unload every single one I buy within days of listing it. People obviously like them (or at the very least, want them).

Oh well. :(

Good point, SW_display_name, yeah I bought them all farily soon after they came out, so why they aren't doing more, I don't get...

Did they actually say they aren't doing any more, or is it stated by their silence and non-inclusion again?

Did they actually say they aren't doing any more, or is it stated by their silence and non-inclusion again?
Yeah it's just assumed, I don't think there was an ever an official statement.

We got stuff like "Hairstyles 1" over a year ago now. The numbering, and teeny-tiny option set, indicates to me it was meant to be a continuing series.

Then it just stopped cold, which seems like a (sad) change of plans.

Yeah it's just assumed, I don't think there was an ever an official statement.

We got stuff like "Hairstyles 1" over a year ago now. The numbering, and teeny-tiny option set, indicates to me it was meant to be a continuing series.

Then it just stopped cold, which seems like a (sad) change of plans.

Fair point, I forgot how long ago the recustomization came out. The long, long, long wait is somewhat indicative. Maybe it's too hard to make hair versus photoshopped armour?

Fair point, I forgot how long ago the recustomization came out. The long, long, long wait is somewhat indicative. Maybe it's too hard to make hair versus photoshopped armour?
idk.

It's a shame, though. The new Character looks was honestly the most exciting thing that ever hit CM. But I guess not everyone is as obsessively detail-oriented as I am.

Although, that still doesn't explain why the Customizations sell as fast as I list them... But I guess "Sells well" isn't the same thing for BioWare as "Worth the investment to create it". :(

idk.

It's a shame, though. The new Character looks was honestly the most exciting thing that ever hit CM. But I guess not everyone is as obsessively detail-oriented as I am.

Although, that still doesn't explain why the Customizations sell as fast as I list them... But I guess "Sells well" isn't the same thing for BioWare as "Worth the investment to create it". :(

The did some ("some") good work on the female hair, but the male hair, as usual, was underwhelming.

They really need to pick up some hair magazines or something.

The did some ("some") good work on the female hair, but the male hair, as usual, was underwhelming.

They really need to pick up some hair magazines or something.

Oh the male one? I think they just picked up a copy of Lord of the Rings. :p

Still, all the new hair looks mostly-better than the default looks that shipped with the game. I mean — many of the Human Female styles, it's just... they look like wigs. Or 35 yo soccer mom cuts. Or 35 yo soccer mom wigs.

Which, I guess works really, I can imagine a soccer mom becoming Sith pretty easily.

Edited by SW_display_name

You ladies crack me up. Now my Sith warrior is a soccer mom with her proud Sith ridges and a pony tail. Anyone who dares push her kid is so going DOWN!

I think we need a Female Player Appreciation Pack. :) Male romances and some overlays, a couple of new hairstyles for all races, some tasteful jewelry and an outfit or two that actually looks good on an adventuress without her being taken for a whore, letters from the disappearing romantic interests... stuff like that.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi guys

does anyone know if the human hair styles unlock also works for other races (specially miralukas)? i really like to know before buying the unlock

Hopefully, sooner or later --- we'll see the unlocks for those first round of Hairstyles (that came out as Human only first) come out for unlocking it for Mirialan, Chiss, Miraluka, Cyborg and Sith Pureblood characters, since we can already preview them in the Appearance Station options.

Just have to wait and see yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also like some darker themed masks, since Miralukas can be played by Empire characters now through Legacy, would be nice to have a terror looking mask.

But really I would just settle for any single new addition for masks.

• 1 month later...

Want this. I want - and I'm sure I am not alone - to make a blind sniper. I almost bought the species unlock when it was on sale this/last week but I didnt. Because there's no mask that fits a sniper. No mask that says, yeah, I'm blind, but I don't make a big deal about it. Something simple, but not contrived (like having a head wrapping clearing stitched together and falling apart, how would I have not found a full piece of cloth to replace that by now?*)

*Then again, I am blind. But really, that's the closest one to what I would like to see.

• 7 months later...

New Miraluka Masks? Are the 3 different options not enough for you?

。゚・*.☆゚( ^ ‿ ^)☆゚.*・。゚

Only one of the masks I don't absolutely dislike - It would be cool if there was a Miraluka Vision that would allow you to see through the force for a few seconds (just would invert the colors or something basic) - would be a neat Species specific fun ability (that didn't do anything except that)