Give us cross server qeue please.

Scriffle

Just going to respond to the idea in the OP title

No. Please no. This is one of those things that IMO ruined WoW.

Ruined WoW? Maybe for you, but overall WoW still is doing well. And in my opinion it is ruining SWTOR not to having it.

Perhaps I should rephrase and elaborate a little bit.

It's one of the main things that I feel contributed to a community that has gotten worse and worse since it was introduced to WoW. I like that servers have their own identity, that what you do as a part of that server community means something.

Yea, I know queue times kinda suck for most dps right now, but I'd rather have to wait a while in queue than have to deal with the increase in trolling, griefing, and general d-baggery that comes along with cross-server queues.

Cross server would be great. Especially for PVP. And yes, when it comes to PVE there is still the problem of a poor ratio of tanks and healers to dps, however, it's AWESOME in the other MMOs I play that allow me to group up with friends on another server. Need a healer? Well great, I have a friend on that other server with a well geared one that isn't locked to our content.

I see this benefiting pvp immensily, especially GSF as it being the one pvp that takes much more longer to start up.

On a PVE scale? No way, no how. All it would mean for fps is essentially an exponential amount of DPS pool being put in queue. Sure the tank and healer pool grows too but that doesn't actually means you start up fps faster. Its all relative.

Cross server would be great. Especially for PVP. And yes, when it comes to PVE there is still the problem of a poor ratio of tanks and healers to dps, however, it's AWESOME in the other MMOs I play that allow me to group up with friends on another server. Need a healer? Well great, I have a friend on that other server with a well geared one that isn't locked to our content.

personally cross server pugs is what finally got me to stop playing that other game. I have a single friend left who is still playing it... some times and while grouping up with him was kinda nice - 1. for daily questing we couldn't even do it all that well, since apparently some of the dailies were random and every server had different random set, so half our guests weren't even the same. 2. when we DIDN'T play together, I tried pugging. I tried raids and I tried flashpoints (pardon - dungeons). it was such opposite of fun that I gave up. oh dungeons themselves weren't horribly bad, just utterly boring, since they were simplified into oblivion to allow groups, any groups to actualy clear them. they were just fast and boring with rare exception of some boss that had mechanics you couldn't cheese so nastiness in players would show up then (and then they WERE bad). raids, for all their dumbing down (and yes, random group finder raids were simplified into oblivion too) still had more mechanics then flashpoints, and just through sheer lasting longer, would inevitably result in raid chat erupting into insults, bickering, kicking and other stuff that made me want to shut down my computer and stay the hell away from mmo's.

back in a days of first expansion to "that game" I used to make friends with relative ease. find a pug in general chat, get through the run, get to know each other, friend people who are fun to play with, ignore people who are headache inducing. because servers had limited size, you could in fact eventually make your experience pleasant. I found guilds that way, through pugging. but these people that I met? most don't play anymore. and making new friends is no longer as easy or fun.

so I personally say no to pve cross server. resounding hell no. even if its mechanicaly possible. if it DOES get implemented, I know that I will no longer actively play this game. I'll probably still raid, as long as my guild/raid team stay together, but even leveling new alts won't be as fun anymore, because I like to do flashpoints as I level and cross server will make that part unfun for me. faster pop is just not worth unpleasant and/or hollow experiences across the board.

It's been needed for a long time and it's lack has cost BW more subs than they could possibly know.

Ranked seasons will continue to fail without it; and people will continue to quit due to population issues and a lack both pve and pvp queues. This should be bw's number one priority. Further additions, after cross server, would be much more successful.

Bioware will never dedicate the resources to cross-server ques. Although I believe that PvP would benefit, I do not necessarily believe it is needed for PvE at this point in time.

PvE is already boring. As a primary PvE player, it is disappointing that Bioware does not implement challenging content. That is not to say everything needs to be gated behind difficulty. I also understand the argument that everyone wants to experience the story but aren't hard-mode flashpoints supposed to be hard?

I look to FFXIV ARR and their "elder game" content is challenging. Everyone can complete it but even well-geared players may wipe a few times on bosses. I think in DF/DP there has been a shift to mechanics but flash-points desperately need something challenging.

I do not see this happening though. The reality is Bioware/EA will not dedicate resources for cross-server ques and challenging content. It is sad but true.

either cross server que's or they should combine some servers....

I think they would rather a player transfer servers. "God" knows that I have dropped at least $150.00 trying to find that good server with a great semi-casual guild.

As someone who has been away from the game for a little bit, I find that low level dungeon queues as a dps are impossible. I haven't tried max level ones as I'm playing new characters and not my 55's. In any case, the FPs are a very enjoyable experience in this game. Making it more difficult to experience for the sake of retaining whatever people think it retained ('community' lol) is not worth the drawbacks.

I think a group finder that defaults to game wide, but has a choice of server only queue, would be the most beneficial implementation to satisfy all player types. Other games are doing this. It would be a great change for this game.

either cross server que's or they should combine some servers....

They should indeed combine the PvP servers in each server region IMO. But since they are down to one per server farm (or language set in EU) there is not that much room left to combine them. Certainly they could combine the East and West PvP servers in NA.. and frankly... fold the PvP-RP in as well.... it's not like the game actually does any RP... only that it permits players to do RP... so there is not policing of RP at all.

Leave the PvE servers alone however.

Edited by Andryah

Do people seriously think there is just servers filled with tanks and healers waiting on the cross server queue thing to happen? lol

Look how this works:

Server 1 queue: 10 DPS 2 tanks 2 healers

Server 2 queue: 10 DPS 2 tanks 2 healers

Combine them: 20 DPS 4 tanks 4 healers

It will do nothing for FP queue times imo. So we should stop fooling ourselves in thinking that cross server queues will actually do anything to the wait times. As a DPS you just have to accept the fact that more people rather play those classes than Tank and Healer. If you don't like that fact then roll a Tank or Healer. ;)

Yep, cross-server is pretty pointless for PVE.

Cross Server is a bad idea, in my opinion. I was there when it happened in WoW and I honestly think that it hurt the game more than it did it good.

A server is always a community, be it in a good or a negative way. The longer you play on that server, the more you get to know the types of people playing there. You start to recognize names, guild tags, the usual. If you see a certain legacy name or guild tag you already kinda know what you have to expect from that person, if it's a respectable guild or raffle. All that will be gone with crossserver queues.

In WoW crossserver group-finder did exactly one thing - it killed every little bit of sense of community that was left in the game. Nobody cared anymore about the people he was running a dungeon with, since they could very well just be bots, easily replaced by the click of a button. No need to communicate, no need to respect them.

This was one of the reasons why I stopped playing WoW.

So yeah, as I already said... in my opinion crossserver queues are toxic to a games community in the long run. The fact that SWTOR doesn't have it was one of the major reasons for me to actually pay for a sub.

Pretty sure cross server queues are the single biggest thing that would improve the current state of SW:TOR PvP. I know Bioware has thrown this on the wall of crazy and stated technical limitations before.. but I pray that they've listened and have started working on it, they just don't want to get our hopes up when they're far away from it.

As for PvE, at the moment, I don't see a need for it at the moment.

Cross Server is a bad idea, in my opinion. I was there when it happened in WoW and I honestly think that it hurt the game more than it did it good.

A server is always a community, be it in a good or a negative way. The longer you play on that server, the more you get to know the types of people playing there. You start to recognize names, guild tags, the usual. If you see a certain legacy name or guild tag you already kinda know what you have to expect from that person, if it's a respectable guild or raffle. All that will be gone with crossserver queues.

In WoW crossserver group-finder did exactly one thing - it killed every little bit of sense of community that was left in the game. Nobody cared anymore about the people he was running a dungeon with, since they could very well just be bots, easily replaced by the click of a button. No need to communicate, no need to respect them.

This was one of the reasons why I stopped playing WoW.

So yeah, as I already said... in my opinion crossserver queues are toxic to a games community in the long run. The fact that SWTOR doesn't have it was one of the major reasons for me to actually pay for a sub.

I respect your opinion, but I support the idea of cross server play. It's needed...or we need server mergers.

I respect your opinion, but I support the idea of cross server play. It's needed...or we need server mergers.

Thats completely fine. Didn't post here to tell people their opinions are wrong, just posting mine. :X

Since I only PvP, my sub is probably not going to stay active once Wildstar goes live.

HELL, I just got out of an Arena match against no one.

3 people versus no one. Come on Bioware, we need cross server PvP. If we can't get PvP here we will go else where.

Pretty sure cross server queues are the single biggest thing that would improve the current state of SW:TOR PvP.

You mean like The Fatman was the salvation of all the PvPers waiting for server transfers? Yeah.. that worked. :rolleyes: I still remember the spam in the forum about how all real PvPers have (or are) moving to The Fatman.. that none of you needed to wait for Bioware to make cross server or to merge servers.

My point? There is nothing that will satisfy the PvPers demand for people to kill. It's a trap.

Edited by Andryah