GSF is dying and you don't care, do you Bioware?

Korithras

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still misunderstand. Aces have been able to win in newbie ships with no changes nor upgrades what so ever. Skill & experience determines way more success than gear/upgrades in this game

^This... But to say the truth, gear does matter assuming pilots of equal skill.

Yea, I came back to the game after not playing for a year, tried 1 match of starfighter, will never do again. I kept dying and didn't understand from where, who, or what was going on, plus it seemed like I was useless in trying to shoot at stuff. My team got completely shut out too. Would've been nice to have gotten matched against other beginners.

Don't feel bad yo....I've tried to give it "another chance" on at least 4 separate occasions since early access in December. Each time I came to the same conclusion.....it's a mini game that COULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME! But a worthless tutorial, steep learning curve, and most importantly...LACK OF JOYSTICK SUPPORT!!!! :mad:

It COULD have been GREAT.....as it is now tho, it's just something to be ignored :(

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

@ Scrabs:

nope not a troll post, i'm dead serious... anyone that has flown with me can attest as i am quite vocal about how it agitates me to no end that i can't touch a bomber, and it's even more agitating when people say it's possible in a Type 1 Scout and i get no results... their shields are only half-way down by the time i'm out of Rockets and the Blaster Pool is recharging... if i don't have a wingman with me to focus-fire them that Bomber is not going down...

Okay I will attempt to fraps my solo queue games today and hopefully get some bomber matches so I can show people it's possible, in both type 1 and type 2 scouts. I can't guarantee I'll find the best bomber players but if you have trouble killing any bomber, then I'm sure you'll find it useful.

Edited by Scrabs

As a note, Scrab will be running Lasers and Pods if on a type 1 scout or Quads and Pods on a type 2 scout. This build is substantially better at dealing with bombers than most. If he really truly wanted to take out boy bombers he would run burst laser cannon for the armor ignore, and thus be able to ignore charged plating. As it is, the pods are still a lot of damage into that, and are boosted by targeting telemetry.

As a note, Scrab will be running Lasers and Pods if on a type 1 scout or Quads and Pods on a type 2 scout. This build is substantially better at dealing with bombers than most. If he really truly wanted to take out boy bombers he would run burst laser cannon for the armor ignore, and thus be able to ignore charged plating. As it is, the pods are still a lot of damage into that, and are boosted by targeting telemetry.

Yeah I'll show bursts in the video as well as they're certainly very effective.

:eek: If you can't kill a bomber in a T2 scout as things are now, you are doing something wrong.

sigh, you take the cake brass really. You are a contrarion I am starting to think. What I was sayin is, its difficult for scouts to kill bombers and this is okay. And when I say difficultI don't mean impossible. I mean that they are harder to kill than other ships in my scout. But feel free to tell me im wrong, I am sure you must be a much better pilot than me eh (come to bastion and prove it please id love this more than anything)

I kill bombers frequently, any kind. I kill them approaching or leaving nodes, I kill them less when they are fully set up. Smart bombers who LOS are much harder to kill than one who stand still, since you have to kill them quick to be successful. But im sure your going to tell me im doing something wrong ,right master?

-Have the player clear a minimum of 5 introductory gsf missions. One of the more suprising aspects of GSF is the lack of understanding how it works and/or the deep learning curve it presents. More often than not, players are not even aware there's a tutorial. Having simulated gsf instances with AI allies/enemies and putting them as a must need to do before they can play the actual gsf would make this pvp less daunting for new players.

They really could use a better tutorial. One with moving targets. I know that 3D AI is tough to produce but even setting up something that flies around in a fixed pattern is better than no movement at all.

And once they have that, make it mandatory for all players before they start playing.

They really could use a better tutorial. One with moving targets. I know that 3D AI is tough to produce but even setting up something that flies around in a fixed pattern is better than no movement at all.

And once they have that, make it mandatory for all players before they start playing.

I wholeheartedly agree.

In addition, if they can let us choose ships during tutorials, it will give more time to us to practice before we jump in with a new ship or new build. That will also make the actual matches a bit more balanced since the players will have at least some idea on what to do.

They should make mines and bombs shootable targets, longer lock time maybe for mines, so you risk getting a gunner up your tailpipe!!! (yes, I tried to blow up a mine hehe :o)

I had the most fun one on one where we torped each other head on at the same time today. :eek:

Hey, I was a former Eve player! Not having to refit a ship is like HEAVEN. :D

I wholeheartedly agree.

In addition, if they can let us choose ships during tutorials, it will give more time to us to practice before we jump in with a new ship or new build. That will also make the actual matches a bit more balanced since the players will have at least some idea on what to do.

I put something like this in the Suggestion Box. Feel free to search Galactic and suggestion box to add to the developer interest for this!

:cool: