Class Story Only

Drockter

Ok... I can not bring myself to do the side quests for the umpteenth time while leveling a new alt.

My question; is it possible to level a character with Class Stories? Or will I be short going to the next planet in the cycle? Any recommendations would be helpful.

I am not concerned with Comp gear... so t he side quests are only worth XP to me.

FP's I dont mind...

Warzones, probably the best time to start those I suppose (low level). Tried a couple times at 55, got my nether regions handed to me... repeatedly... there was no learning curve... I jumped in to the deep end of the pool thinking that I was basically prepared... I had no idea. haha. TY.

Can't really vouch about it, but having Legacy unlocks could help out with XP. If I remember correctly, you can get up to +30% XP gain in Class Quests.

Or (I know you said you didn't want to do side quests) you could do heroics with other players or help someone, who looks for a group while you're on the planet.

Don't forget the basic space missions as well. Not GSF, but the on rails space game ToR launched with. That also has five legacy unlockable xp bonus options.

That's how I usually level, class story, & space missions with the legacy story , space, and exploration bonus xp options unlocked. I think I have saved my sanity by having skipped alderaan entirely aside from class quests for my last 5 chars...

I don't do pvp or gsf, but I'm pretty sure they also have the 5 xp unlocks as well.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Just do GSF. Lord knows the population could use more players :) Decent credits at the lower levels too (once ur 55 though, they assume you've married a nice girl [or dude] from a good family who's loaded... This is seldom the case though)

Just do GSF. Lord knows the population could use more players :) Decent credits at the lower levels too (once ur 55 though, they assume you've married a nice girl [or dude] from a good family who's loaded... This is seldom the case though)

LOLOL Aimbot.... :cool:

I don't do any planetary stories any longer, just class story. I do my PVP daily and weekly reliably, because when I hit 55 I want to be at least valor level 40 and have banked enough WZs comms for 2 PVP relics and potentially an upgraded PVP relic.

I'll do a KDY flashpoint occasionally if the class story and PVP still aren't enough to keep me on track, but I'd prefer not to.

Doable yes: totally leveled a character from 20 to 50 while only doing PvP and even finished the Story line when I was maxed out.

Footnote: it was a gunnery commando and I don't know now but it sucked in PvP at the time.

I was like masochist to do this... still fun nonetheless.

It's possible but you have to run a lot of flashpoints/warzones.

I have 16 characters on my main server so I constantly switch back and forth between leveling and max level toons. Most days, I may just run bunch of flashpoints (not much of a pvp person) on several leveling toons each and call it a day. Before you know it, the levels add up and I start massively out-leveling each planet.

It gets to the point that I have Jugg and Powertech both at lvl 32 and I haven't even bothered to start Balmorra/Nar Shadda yet.:rolleyes: It works though because whenever I get the urge to go through the story, I can just blaze through the class quests and ignore everything else.

KDY is probably your best bet.

I second this, this flashpoint is available from level 15, making it the best one to do since it scales with level 15-54 players, making it the quickest queue available in all mmos in existance to all those dps classes, maybe 1 minute of conversations, which many still ***** and cry about skipping, i never understand the desire for that, i am more into story then everyone else it seems.

You can do it on double XP weekends. A single FP run with turning in the intro quest, weekly quest and FP completion nets you nearly a level of XP if you purchase the unlocks and buffs and that still holds true like in the upper 30s.

The thing is, levelling class story only is less appealing than it may sound. Boils down to a lot of travelling around. And I mean a lot. Usually it's a stage per planet zone. So go there see a 30 sec cinematic then go to the next zone and then to the last zone. No taxi terminals unlocked mind you. Can get tiresome to spend most of your time speedering to the next location.

Edited by aeterno

It is possible, and you don't even have to do many warzones or flashpoints. I could be wrong, but if you don't want to do the side quests because they're boring, repetitive runs of flashpoints or warzones may be similarly unattractive.

Here's what usually do:

• max out legacy class story XP bonus
  • max out legacy exploration XP (it adds up!)
  • stock up on XP boosts
  • max rested XP by logging out in rested area shortly after leveling up (the amount of rested XP you gain is capped at the amount of XP needed for the next level)
  • keep missions orange (you gain more XP for them than if they're yellow or green, some can even be done while red)
    • augment my gear with accuracy to get as close as possible to 100/110% (mobs' defenses increased with each level that they are higher than I am)
    • keep armorings updated (max damage reduction against the higher level mobs, cybertech ftw)
    • for some classes I use the inheritance/birthright gear because they give better stats than regular gear at the respective level (they are mastercraft/legacy quality)

[*] I have all 8 datacubes unlocked in collections, that gives me an extra 8 major xp boosts on every character

[*] I make all my alts biochems so they can re-use the hand-me-down stims, adrenals and medpacs

If I fall behind and class missions turn red:

• find an area with strong and elite mobs of orange quality (rested XP applies, ideally also mats gained, no time wasted traveling)
  • run a flashpoint / warzone / space mission (consider legacy XP bonus if you want to focus on one method as XP gap filler)
  • explore map
  • join a group for a heroic mission
  • pick one planet story (doing a different one on each character kind of keeps them fresh, i.e. Belsavis for my Sith, Taris for my BH, Hoth for the agent etc.)

Considerations:

• rested XP only applies to mob kills
  • usually it's enough to use cheap mk-1 to mk-3 augmentation kits and green augments to boost accuracy and get some extra firepower, you don't have to keep updating the augments/slots
  • blue item modifications are more than sufficient

Edited by KyaniteD