KDY Star Ship Assembly Guide

So I noticed whenever I do KDY, many people seem to have problems solving the Starship assembly puzzle. So I wanted to tell my methods of solving it at a single glance.

These Solution are to be placed inside the THREE consoles in the back.

From LEFT TO RIGHT the THREE consoles are.

Electronic Auto Assembly Control

(1) Long Range Scout Package

(2) Rapid Recharge Package

(3) Prototype “Infiltrator” Package

Weapons Auto Assembly Control

(1) Merr-Sonn LCL-1 Light Las

(2) Prototype launcher v.4

(3) Heavy Laser V6

Propulsion Auto Assembly Control

(1) Vokoff-Strood STAR-94

(2) Celestial Industries Powerhouse

(3) Czerka K-57 CE

There are 3 possible solutions based on datapads, on the table when you enter the room. I placed the numbers in front of the answers so it would be easier to remember. To figure out the solution with a glance you need to look at the datapad that has information about what the Chief engineer WANTS mounted

So from LEFT TO RIGHT, to be input in the consoles, the solution should be.

SOLUTION

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Mount Prototype Launcher V.4 ----- (1) Long Range Scout Package (2) Prototype launcher v.4 (3) Czerka K-57 CE

Mount Prototype Heavy Laser V.6 -- (2) Rapid Recharge Package (3) Heavy Laser V6 (1) Vokoff-Strood STAR-94

Mount Infiltrator Package/ 5 Datapads - (3) Prototype “Infiltrator” Package (1) Merr-Sonn LCL-1 Light Las (2) Celestial Industries Powerhouse

____________________________________________________________________________________________

so 3 possible arrangements (123), (231), and (312)

So in many cases as soon when I look at the datapads I’ll tell the solution to my groupmates so they can solve it, if they happen to get to the console before me.

If I see a blurb about mounting Prototype Launcher V.4 I can quickly call out, “left to right is (123)”

If I see a blurb about mounting Prototype Heavy Laser V.6 “left to right (231)”

A blurb about mounting Infiltrator Package or 5 Datapads on the Table “left to right (312)”

This is just my personal method to solving the puzzle without having to refer to an online guide. If there’s a simpler explanation feel free to comment. Hopefully it’ll help people out on their future runs of KDY. =)

Lol i ran KDY endlessly this weekend, and the times someone who ran in front of me to input the wrong solution were way too many as well. Even when I yelled out the answers. "Left to Right 312!!"

Even with grabbing the datapad and Rocket boosting over, Ill have someone who will change an answer on the terminal and then click assemble before I can change it back.

Finally decided to write this up, the more people who know the answers the better.

so now people can solve it quickly.

It'll personally make my KDY experience so much better if everyone knows how to solve it.

Edited by shyninja

I suspect that most people clicking through the puzzle in the wrong sequence don't do so because they don't know how to solve the puzzle, but rather because they don't even know that there is a puzzle at all.

First time I got Starship Assembly in KDY I was in a pug where nobody knew what they were doing (including me), we pressed random buttons and our prototype blew up. I thought it was funny. ("Oh typical, my faction can't even steal anything correctly!") In all subsequent pugs I did, people just got more "rush-rush"-y, the prototype exploded every time and I started to think that it was simply the way the scenario was supposed to go. It was only by coincidence that I stumbled over a thread on Reddit where someone was complaining about people not doing the puzzle correctly and I realised that there actually was a correct way to do it.

I'd suggest that instead of trying to think of new ways of out-rushing your fellow group members to the consoles, you take a moment to explain what you're planning to do and why. ("Let me do the puzzle and there'll be bonus XP!")

I don't typically use this system and solve it from the info given from the datapads, but today I had to guess what the 3rd option was! A DATAPAD WAS MISSING! I did guess correctly from sort-of remembering the answer from past experiences though.

Now that I know its 1/2/3 or 2/3/1 or 3/1/2 though, it should be a lot easier if I have that situation again.

I would suggest changing how you explain to the group. Im sure your aware of the sort of people you will meet on MMO, im often surprised they understand how to click.

I have a piece of paper infront of me (because I cba learning the three off by heart)

If theres 5 items on the table I type "merr sonn, infiltrator, powerhouse"

If theres 6 things on table I look at the one closest to the door (bottom left if your looking from long end of the table. If that one says used V6 I write "v6, rapid recharge, vokoff" and ofc if it says something different (i think about not fitting czerka with something else) then i instantly know its v4 build.

simply count the number on the table, if its 6 look at bottom left, stating left to right numbers might confuse people.

Im also quite cautious in that every time theres an update I re-check the builds as you never know, they may change the set 3.

Edited by BobFredJohn

One of the correct options if stated in the datapads.

The other 2 correct options are not mentioned at all in any datapad.

Done.

People fail to realize that you take longer to kill the 6 Elite droids, gain Zero XP & Zero Credits for killing them.

Take the time to solve the puzzle please.

I on the other hand, take the 10 seconds for my brain to think about the solution and solve it..

This "puzzle" makes the EV puzzle seem hard and I still don't understand why anyone needed solutions for that...

I mean I wish this game had more **** like this that was actually challenging and made you think,

I mean I wish this game had more **** like this that was actually challenging and made you think,

It is challenging. Very challenging.

The challenge isn't the puzzle, though. It is stopping the other players from randomly smacking all the buttons before you can get it done.

Edited by PLynkes

The challenge isn't the puzzle, though. It is stopping the other players from randomly smacking all the buttons before you can get it done.

Lol that is the most challenging part of the puzzle. People I found are very rushy, and I can't blame em, faster you get done, the faster you can go do other things. As long as people are fast, efficient, and don't cause trouble to the rest of the group.

Starship Assembly, really is a dead simple logic puzzle but people get impatient while you solve it. So pretty much I tried coming up with the quickest easiest way of solving it. And I found the number method pretty easy to remember since it was always in numerical order. (123) (231) (312). As long as you find the solution to one, you have the solution to the rest.

Edited by shyninja

I've solved it, the few times I actually did it. Most of the time I either have a) someone who knows and does the solution quickly (a la this guide) or b) someone who does it quickly either because they don't know it's a puzzle, or they 'want the experience from killing the droids."

Man, there are some odd people around here.

Edited by EranofArcadia

That is exactly what I was thinking! I finally gave up after it taking longer to do the puzzle due to this. It is faster to fight the droids than to have to try and stop, and then correct the other players from hitting the wrong choices.

Oh well.

No. I run on scavengers, that's 6 robots worth of scrap that I need. I'm clicking quick and scaving while the other one is up.

So you'd causing three people to lose experience (the main point of the FP) while taking more time all to get a few pieces of scrap?

Care to just post your server and character names so I and others can go ahead and ignore you now?

And OP, what I need is a guide for how to keep the derps and selfish a-holes like the poster I quoted from screwing up the build, not a guide on how to do it correctly.

Edited by DawnAskham

So you'd causing three people to lose experience (the main point of the FP) while taking more time all to get a few pieces of scrap?

Care to just post your server and character names so I and others can go ahead and ignore you now?

And OP, what I need is a guide for how to keep the derps and selfish a-holes like the poster I quoted from screwing up the build, not a guide on how to do it correctly.

I'm joking.

It does make me sad on my tanking toons that I'm missing out on all that profit. I might scav 25% of the stuff on dps or healers, but I really only level tanks nowadays :(

I'm joking.

It does make me sad on my tanking toons that I'm missing out on all that profit. I might scav 25% of the stuff on dps or healers, but I really only level tanks nowadays :(

LOL - I swear forms need a [sarcasm] tag. :p

It's annoying to see people just click random buttons and fail it. Every time i get to that scenario i say in chat "I'm solving the puzzle, DON'T touch anything." and there's sometimes that one guy who makes everything wrong. There's really no point in failing it, you get xp if you do it right for the bonus quest and the droid that spawn if you fail don't give any xp so you are pretty much wasting time killing the droids and xp by trying to rush.

Also, on a side note, i've came across that only 3 datapads spawn and don't give enough tips to solve it, anyone else saw this? And is there a solution? Also, haven't seen it again since the last update so they have probably fixed it now.

Ive gotten the bugged 3 datapads too. My way of solving it, still works with it.

Just find which of these datapads the chief asks to be mounted are on the table V.4, V.6, or Infiltrator and the solution is the same.

Mount Prototype Launcher V.4 ----- 123 (1) Long Range Scout Package (2) Prototype launcher v.4 (3) Czerka K-57 CE

Mount Prototype Heavy Laser V.6 -- 231 (2) Rapid Recharge Package (3) Heavy Laser V6 (1) Vokoff-Strood STAR-94

Mount Infiltrator Package - 312 (3) Prototype “Infiltrator” Package (1) Merr-Sonn LCL-1 Light Las (2) Celestial Industries Powerhouse

Edited by shyninja

It's annoying to see people just click random buttons and fail it. Every time i get to that scenario i say in chat "I'm solving the puzzle, DON'T touch anything." and there's sometimes that one guy who makes everything wrong. There's really no point in failing it, you get xp if you do it right for the bonus quest and the droid that spawn if you fail don't give any xp so you are pretty much wasting time killing the droids and xp by trying to rush.

Also, on a side note, i've came across that only 3 datapads spawn and don't give enough tips to solve it, anyone else saw this? And is there a solution? Also, haven't seen it again since the last update so they have probably fixed it now.

It is (was - I haven't seen it since last patch or two either) bugged, the solution is:

Electronics: Rapid Recharge Package

Weapons: Heavy Laser V6

Propulsion: Vokoff-Strood STAR-94

It also makes (made) it one of the easiest to solve (along with the 5 cards) as there is (was) only one solution.

Edited by DawnAskham

Every time i get to that scenario i say in chat "I'm solving the puzzle, DON'T touch anything." and there's sometimes that one guy who...

"Ok, i'll tank him back and forth between the koltos, so he'll knock me back into them and then i'll pop it to heal the AOE damage, stay out of ci.. *flying jedi knight*rc 1111122damnit"

click button click button click button, see what happens, move on... best way to solve

but good to see someone took the time to write this up finally

you get bonus xp for solving it and no xp at all for killing the droids, but you do get to spend more time on them. so.. not really. especially in 15 to 54 bracket as 95% of the time, no one can even scavenge those droids, so its a waste of everyone's time :/

Edited by Jeweledleah