Anyone else bored with heal spec?

Liquor

Was concealment until they took our knockdown.

Could careless about those that complain about survivability before 2.7. I was fine. Now it's pointless for me to run conc

So now heal spec and I'm bored. All too easy. Hot em up, someone in trouble? Slap them with the other two hots back to back. I'm rarely using surgical probe or kolto. Just hots. No energy issues, Agro doesn't bother me for long with evades and stealth if tanks aren't paying attention.

Sad to watch a DPS Sorc, Merc and I walk through Cadminu HM without a tank.

Pvp wise is boring too, roll out when in trouble. But keep those hots up and stay near tank.

At least concealment in the good old days was enjoyable and more of a challenge. Guess I'll go back to AoC if I want to stab someone. those finishing moves kept things interesting.

If you're rarely even using surgical probe nevermind kolto you are healing easy content, pve or pvp.

You'd also have to be clipping your resources and that's bad play. You're talking about flashpoints and that makes sense. I haven't bothered doing those on my main in a long time but generally recuperative nanotech alone is enough to out-heal them. BW decided after lost island that challenging 4m content was just not going to be a thing anymore it seems. Which is a shame really.

That said the spec has been getting less and less dynamic recently (wasn't mechanically exciting to begin with).

We've been being handed more and more TA's and less ways/reasons to spend them. Kinf has a cooldown, stim boost became a 2min cooldown and emergent emergencies got changed from emergency healing to more passive TA's (because derp) so it's just surgical probe all day everyday now.

I stopped healing anything that wasn't a guild raid a while ago. I don't find it as engaging a dps'ing in pvp and pugs.

When I'm back playing more I'll probably go back to heal for ranked but that's more to do with the dps specs being awful than medicine being particularly fun.

So no, you aren't alone.

Edited by CaptainApop

• 4 weeks later...

Since the op I've been in ops heavy. Still very similar to my FP HM rotations. Hot em up and wait for bursts with infusion and RN. Lots of resources but gets them out of the danger quickly.

After a quick refresher on the mechanics it started to get boring again. Though still plowing ahead since going heals is quick invite to gear up my tanks for later use.

I switched to sin for PvP. It's doing a much better job than that old concealment op

If you want a bigger challenge, do harder content.

steamrolling scrubs in warzones doesn't count. Solo queue and see if you can carry em

start doing ranked pvp, if you are mostly into pvp

start doing NiM raids, if you are into pve.

I love my op. So much room for potential

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Healing in PvP is extremely fun due to the unexpected events that can occur in a situation. I agree healing is very easy as I can literally be spamming my Surgical Probe if i have my HOTs up on a few guys and be getting constant TA's or use a sneaky Kolto Injection and Surgical Probe and they'll be at a good level of HP

• 1 month later...
Looking for a guide to op healing and gearing got a level 22 but getting bored with concealment

btw which is the best of all the healer class's

Keep your companion's gear updated. I like to use trek or Kaliyo. Never had issues though as tanks can be a bit slower.

HoT up before fights and send in companion. Keep Agro drop ready if you grab Agro use it. But companions will use their threat gen often.

For group play in heroics, flashpoints, or PvP i do the same. HoT everyone and use stealth and Agro drop as neede. Line of Sight helps to evade dmg. Tanks should be applying guard to you or the biggest DPS threat. Don't get upset if you don't get guard at the start. A good tank looks at the group and will know who will need the guard most often.

Gear wise stack main stat first. If you augment gear use skill augments. Then work on surge and alacrity. Keep them about the same. I'm in 180 gear and both are at 470. Everything else is power.

Adept and artful mods and enhancements are your friends. You'll see these later on in higher levels.

Use comms to gear up you and your companions.

Some players will add some crit to their gear. It's up to you but cunning itself will add to crit chance on its own. Most recommend 100-200 crit at end game play. I don't stack it as cunning has added enough for my rotations.

Speaking of rotations, I HoT everyone up and cloak before fights. When I decloack and apply a HoT I get 2 TA stacks. keep surgical probe ready as players take dmg it's quick heal and refunds a TA once every ten seconds if spammed. Always keep 1 TA stack. It's a healing boost when a Tactical Advantage is up. Tanks get recuperative nanotech on CD unless a DPS group needs it. But I tend to keep it on CD to keep extra HoTs running on those that take the most damage during Operation Boss fights. I use the other 2 heals sparingly as with hots and surgical probe alone is usually enough for SM and HM ops for me. Be sure you are cleansing DoTs on tanks and others. Best to go into your interface editor and ensure debuffs on all profiles are maxed out. Easier to see. Focus target on main or off tank to keep a closer eye on them. Assist with interrupts.

In the WZ I'm usually concealment but fooled around with heal spec for a couple weeks and was doing good. Keep hots up recoup on CD and cleanse dots. I interrupt other healers, cleanse my team and use larger casting heals when able. With interrupts it can be tough getting those off. Line of Sight players attacking you. Stealth as needed and use shield probe when getting focused. CC as needed to get away. For PvP I used the PvE set bonus for 15% recuperative Nanotech. The lvl 50 set is fully bolstered. The other set bonus is the PvP set bonus to shield probe. I have full expertise. Rest of my gear is min/maxed brut gear I use on my concealment. I stacked cunning, power, surge. No alacrity as I'm not making a lot of casting specials. Just big heals over time. Stack behind your team to heal them. This forces the other team to break through the line to get to you. If guarded stay within 15m of your tank and keep him up. Focused? Keep yourself up long enough for the other team to change target.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's the problem with patch that removed the knockdown, it doesnt matter if they 'make the dps more viable for pve' or whatever.

They took away the fun.

In this game swotor where you can be like vader saber throw, force push etc, a dual light saber wielding beast, throw rocks, lightning at your enemies, even be like boba hooking your enemies, turning on the flame etc..

what reason is their to play scoundrel/op?

The knockdown was the fun part of the class the ability that gave you some satisfaction, some pleasure, sense that your class brings something unique to the table.

Now we are literally a dude with stealth and a gun. Well great.

I dont know about other servers, dont know the numbers but at least on my server there are even less scoundrels, and they all healers.

Good job Biodisaster, you literally murdered a class. In the meantime im getting bored of my shadow cos in a wz theres so many feel like a fotm. When you affect the class pop balance, you actually hurt every other class because of the amount of people that re roll.

Came back to this game for a month and already bored.

When you kill a class in a game where you give incentives for re-rolling, the writings really on the wall.