What types of players irritate you in Flashpoints?

Elfa

For me its the shortcut artists. They tend to get mad at anything you do that isn't what they want or involves fighting anyone. They tend to be stealth and want to cc and sneak by people.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me its the shortcut artists. They tend to get mad at anything you do that isn't what they want or involves fighting anyone. They tend to be stealth and want to cc and sneak by people.

DPS, or even Healers who pull before the tank. Tanks and DPS who tunnelvision, leaving the healer with all the other enemies.

People who break CC.

People who focus on the stronger enemies and neglect the weaker ones, who usually tend to focus on the Healer because he's distributing love and heals, thus generating aggro too.(*)

People who jump ahead of the Tank and then blame the Healer for not healing them.

(*) It will never cease to amaze me that people get to LV55 without ever realizing that Healers, while healing other players, generate aggro as well. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Sorei beat me to it. :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

People who break CC.

People who focus on the stronger enemies and neglect the weaker ones, who usually tend to focus on the Healer because he's distributing love and heals, thus generating aggro too.(*)

People who jump ahead of the Tank and then blame the Healer for not healing them.

(*) It will never cease to amaze me that people get to LV55 without ever realizing that Healers, while healing other players, generate aggro as well. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Sorei beat me to it. :cool:

Sorry :p

Even if they know Healers do generate aggro as well. they'll just say: you have Guard, you can handle it.

... I don't want your Guard, I want you to hold aggro of all the enemies! :(

Edited by Sorei

Things that prompt me to issue a vote-kick, in no particular order:

• DPS who queue as tanks or healers, number one annoyance with a bullet.

• Players who don't know how to play their role is a big second. Anyone but a tank who pulls is a good example.

• Players who don't follow others who clearly know the best path through the flash point, most recently those who quickly do a random build of the star-fighter in KDY because they simply can't be bothered to wait for someone to read the tooltips on the table.

• Players who roll Need on stuff they don't need / can't use.

• Players who refuse to keep up / participate.

• Players who don't know how to play their role is a big second. Anyone but a tank who pulls is a good example.

• Players who don't follow others who clearly know the best path through the flash point, most recently those who quickly do a random build of the star-fighter in KDY because they simply can't be bothered to wait for someone to read the tooltips on the table.

• Players who roll Need on stuff they don't need / can't use.

• Players who refuse to keep up / participate.

Good list. I'd add....

Players who are foul mouthed and abusive and will not follow or work with the group as a team.

Players that use knock-backs on cool down sending mobs out of range, out of AOE, and into other mobs.

Players that can't or don't CC as necessary, break CC, or won't follow kill orders / weak to strong.

Second two can be remedied, but if someone keeps doing things that make it difficult for the group or cause deaths and / or wipes, I will vote to kick.

First item is an instant vote to kick (and I don't mean the person who just lets loose a random obscenity, I mean the truely repugnant malcontents that sometimes end up in random groups).

Edited by DawnAskham

For me there's three main types: the ones who charge in before the tank, the person who uses their aoe knockback on the clump of mobs someone is about to smash/mortar volley/whatever, scattering them six ways from Sunday, and the ones who start in with the "SPACEBARSPACEBARSPACEBARSPACEBAR" crap before a conversation has even started (depending on my mood, I sometimes let the conversations time out if they're irritating enough).

Sorry :p

Even if they know Healers do generate aggro as well. they'll just say: you have Guard, you can handle it.

... I don't want your Guard, I want you to hold aggro of all the enemies! :(

Indeed. :(

Meh, relax...the only people who bug me are the ones who complain about other people.

Something which you are an expert in truth be told, at least on the forums.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I generally play healer roles, so my biggest gripes are ppl who

1. Run off and start the next fight with half health while everybody else is trying to heal.

2. Those who cry and whine because we're not spacebar'ing thru convos EVEN tho we said at the beginning that we were NOT GONNA SPACEBAR THRU EM.

I thought you said, "in no particular order". :p

I used to assemble it randomly because I wanted the adds to spawn. I figured that a bunch of golds would give some nice XP (more difficult mobs give better XP). It wasn't until later that I noticed that they do not give any XP at all, but assembling it correctly does. I guess they don't want to reward failure.

My biggest issue is when people do something stupid and blame someone else, usually the healer or tank, when things go belly up.

Edited by MillionsKNives

I get irritated by vets who are clearly just doing a comms run and have no consideration for those that are new (HM 55 FP's). I stayed away from Pugs for a long time cause I was treated like trash when I was a noob so I try to help out those who might struggle a bit. On the flip side though, if you queue for a 55 HM FP you shouldn't be too under-geared and "green" to the point where you'll cause wipe after wipe. If you need to get carried through then consider running with your guild or go back and grind for Basic comms.

I complain about other players? Please, find me an example.

In these same forums?

Many times, mostly because those same players / forum users were being dismissive of other people's concerns surrounding this game.

Oddly enough, here you are, doing pretty much the same.

Meh, relax...the only people who bug me are the ones who complain about other people.

Dismissive, patronizing... Whatever you fancy the most.

1. Run off and start the next fight with half health while everybody else is trying to heal.

I've always wondered about That Guy. Not the ones who move on to the next easy trash if the group agrees to rush it. Rather, the ones who consistently don't self-heal or wait for heals. PVE or PVP they'll just stand there or move on like they never noticed their health bar exists, pretty weird.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I've always wondered about That Guy. Not the ones who move on to the next easy trash if the group agrees to rush it. Rather, the ones who consistently don't self-heal or wait for heals. PVE or PVP they'll just stand there or move on like they never noticed their health bar exists, pretty weird.

And that's when they stop getting healed. :)

I've always wondered about That Guy. Not the ones who move on to the next easy trash if the group agrees to rush it. Rather, the ones who consistently don't self-heal or wait for heals. PVE or PVP they'll just stand there at 20% or move on like they never noticed their health bar exists, pretty weird.

I never thought about it but that crap irritates me as well.

I run gathering toons, so I get irritated when people get impatient while I salvage everything. While on my tank. Or healer.

I also had skipping past mobs that could agro. Now, I have no problem when it is clearly something we can avoid, but so many times we sneak past a pack, I get ready to pull, and poof, that last pack just got agro'd.

In the tacticals, when it is clear that I'm the tank, I hate it when a leaper goes in BEFORE I CAN STEALTH cuz I like having those extra "coming out of stealth" bonus buffs.

Kidding with the first one, i'd like to gather, but usually don't bother in those roles.

Oddly enough, here you are, doing pretty much the same.

Dismissive, patronizing... Whatever you fancy the most.

Yup. I dislike when people complain about others and I dismiss them entirely when that's their focus...you know the type I mean right? ;)

When I'm playing my healer, I generally refuse to heal anyone who wasn't at full health at the start of the fight, nor do I heal after the fight has ended. A couple deaths tends to teach them. If they're capable of learning. If they're incapable of learning, they get frustrated and drop group. Win either way.

Gotta agree...and for some reason, it seems like it's usually a tank...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.