Assassin Suggestion Box

Xinika

I know what it is, I do it on my sorc all the time. My previous post was specifically talking about roots, not about being kited-that's just something you assumed on your own. This class does have the ability to prevent being kited by anything other than the most skilled sorcs (and maybe engineering snipers), my post was talking about the overabundance of roots in general and how this classes is affected by them. Edited by sithBracer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what it is, I do it on my sorc all the time. My previous post was specifically talking about roots, not about being kited-that's just something you assumed on your own. This class does have the ability to prevent being kited by anything other than the most skilled sorcs (and maybe engineering snipers), my post was talking about the overabundance of roots in general and how this classes is affected by them.

Phase Walk. Use it.

I'm not going to get into a discussion about situational events and hindsight. If you think my idea is OP or unnecessary, that's fine, it's not like BW is going to implement anything I say-I doubt they even know I exist. Edited by sithBracer

I know better than to doubt you. Post a "how to deal with multiple sorcs" video on your channel. I'll watch.

You're never meant to take on multiple people and actually win.

When that happens you greatly outplay said players.

You can deal with one on your own, more than that you won't likely survive unless you get a hand.

how so? leap isnt op.

Because if you're good at PvP closing gaps for the most part isn't too difficult other then the handful of skilled sorcs on the server who're good at running for their lives. Also, if you're clever enough you can leave your phasewalk in locations that enemy players tend to run to instead of leaving it out of site to escape effectively accomplishing what you're asking for.

Because if you're good at PvP closing gaps for the most part isn't too difficult other then the handful of skilled sorcs on the server who're good at running for their lives. Also, if you're clever enough you can leave your phasewalk in locations that enemy players tend to run to instead of leaving it out of site to escape effectively accomplishing what you're asking for.

Common sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Other than what 2.8 brings to madness, no further improvement is needed for assassins.. (I main one). Tbh assassins is pretty op as is and improving them further would be kind of gamebreaking

Deception's sustained needs fixing. Assuming you only meant Madness, I agree.

Edited by Elusive_Thing

Other than what 2.8 brings to madness, no further improvement is needed for assassins.. (I main one). Tbh assassins is pretty op as is and improving them further would be kind of gamebreaking

Assassins are hardly overpowered in any aspect of the game. The upcoming buffs to Madness gives us a single good PVE DPS spec, and may put Madness back into a useful position in PVP. Deception is still gimpy in PVE, and in PVP, it's still limited to it's dangerous burst window, with no serious sustained damage outside of those periods. While Powertechs needed a bump in PVE, they're still terrifying in PVP when played correctly, with both good burst and decent sustained in Pyro tree, and that's just one comparison, don't even get me started on Enraged Defense as it stands in 2.7. As tanks, we're hands down the worst at PVP, and in PVE we're pretty balanced (except for a few instances like Brontes because we don't sacrifice much to get our AOE DR in the middle tree). Good and overpowered are not at all interchangeable adjectives. After 2.8, we'll be doing well, but we'll hardly be overpowered.

Assassins are hardly overpowered in any aspect of the game. The upcoming buffs to Madness gives us a single good PVE DPS spec, and may put Madness back into a useful position in PVP. Deception is still gimpy in PVE, and in PVP, it's still limited to it's dangerous burst window, with no serious sustained damage outside of those periods. While Powertechs needed a bump in PVE, they're still terrifying in PVP when played correctly, with both good burst and decent sustained in Pyro tree, and that's just one comparison, don't even get me started on Enraged Defense as it stands in 2.7. As tanks, we're hands down the worst at PVP, and in PVE we're pretty balanced (except for a few instances like Brontes because we don't sacrifice much to get our AOE DR in the middle tree). Good and overpowered are not at all interchangeable adjectives. After 2.8, we'll be doing well, but we'll hardly be overpowered.

Solid, good analysis in my opinion. The class seems to be getting there, even if slowly. However, as you pointed out, there are still some issues around, namely PvP tanking and Deception's PvE viability.

PvE-wise, it's worth noting that Marauders for example already had two good skill trees (and DoT Smash hybrid) and Annihilation wasn't exactly garbage either. Unless I am mistaken, in PvE Arsenal does well for Mercs and Pyros are indeed very good and the heal spec has been made viable with some rather necessary buffs.

Some tweaking's needed, but the overall direction is right at least.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it wrong to want to be op as hell for once like all the other classes have got a chance to do :p

It's questionable to want to be: it's been a very long time since we've been that powerful, and it could be fun for a while. But we really don't want to get nerfed into the ground (again). Balance is in a really strong place damage-wise right now, so let's just be happy with that for a bit, and hope they continue listening to the players, and hope they do even more than they have recently.

Subduing Techniques: Spinning Strike usable against targets with 35%/40% health

I think if you placed this on the judgement talent it would be abit better but a good idea all together. I don't see any serious problems in PVP that would arise because of that. Maybe also increasing the damage increase of judgement to 9%, lower ICD on inf tactics to 6 or vigor, spinning strike/shadow strike have a chance to proc vigor granting X force

I think if you placed this on the judgement talent it would be abit better but a good idea all together. I don't see any serious problems in PVP that would arise because of that. Maybe also increasing the damage increase of judgement to 9%, lower ICD on inf tactics to 6 or vigor, spinning strike/shadow strike have a chance to proc vigor granting X force

I think letting Saber Conduit trigger more often would be nice. I'd also have to advise that messing with the ICD on Duplicity is playing with fire. As such a big part of Deception's burst, you have to be very careful when messing with it, and decreasing the ICD would hugely increase burst. The thread is gone now, (might have been archived), but someone made a simulator and found that if you increased the chance of Duplicity to proc to 100%, increased the ICD to 12 seconds and made it auto-crit on NPC targets, it put us into a very comfortable place in terms of PVE sustained damage.