Which of you did this?

Armonddd

I just had an interesting match,

Novarae, Mangler, Despair, The Harbinger

41 kills, 16 solo kills, 5 assists(for 46 K+A), 4 deaths, 150810 damage, 84% accuracy

http://i.imgur.com/T6HhLHL.jpg

From the records thread :D Read this earlier and, wow... carry much!? GW there

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=735488

Edited by DamascusAdontise

From the records thread :D Read this earlier and, wow... carry much!? GW there

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=735488

Oh... thanks. Probably should have checked there first, but tired happened.

Wasn't me, but why the desire to know?

Its the Swtor sub, and we could sure use some more exposure.

You don't give much away in your OP comment, are you unhappy/happy/or merely curious about this?

I was curious. Dudes on the subreddit were asking what ship it was. Someone said it had to be a gunship, and I countered that a scout could have done it (I've seen Callem do pretty big numbers with it), but I wanted to find more information.

I am, of course, Armond436 on reddit, but I rarely discuss things on r/swtor because I've gotten the impression that a significant number of people there take the attitude that GSF isn't PvP and stubbornly refusing to consider any perspective that disagrees.

pls respond

it's not me (I'm nowhere near that good), however I saw this post in the thread you linked to...

Novarae runs almost exclusively gunship. He isn't the best of the imp gunship death squad that flies during APAC night hours. El-ahrairah has that honour.

I've chased both around the map many times so know they're both very good (which is saying a lot as Myx'on, Slugfest and Donna-Lynn (just to name a few) also fly gunships).

it's always hard to tell what exactly happened in a match based solely on the score board and to allow Novarae to get that kill count, but I'd say the scouts may have dropped the ball on that match.

however it could be Nov' had great support or the other team was simply out matched (too many goose eggs at the bottom of the kill column even with the decent assist counts).

but, with all that said it's still an impressive number. well done Novarae!

That was me, on a mangler(gunship) my main impside is Touchdown, I primarily fly a sting but I leveled Novarae as a gunship toon, it's still not mastered, missing the last 2 levels of burst laser and sensors.

(I posted this on the reddit thread as well)

That was an interesting match... not sure what else to say about it, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

That was me, on a mangler(gunship) my main impside is Touchdown, I primarily fly a sting but I leveled Novarae as a gunship toon, it's still not mastered, missing the last 2 levels of burst laser and sensors.

(I posted this on the reddit thread as well)

That was an interesting match... not sure what else to say about it, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

lol, flown with and against you many times and no matter what alt you use you're at the top of the boards :p

(team chat... watch out for Touchdown.... focus Touchdown... ect).

question: was that match just uneven or did the scouts just not focus you enough? thx

lol, flown with and against you many times and no matter what alt you use you're at the top of the boards :p

(team chat... watch out for Touchdown.... focus Touchdown... ect).

question: was that match just uneven or did the scouts just not focus you enough? thx

Well, the match was surprisingly close for getting 41 kills. the other team has a couple reasonable gunships and some scouts/strikes did try to focus me for a while but they didn't use evasion cooldowns, came at me directly and ran out engine power when i hit them with ions, they did get me a few times but towards the end I guess they got tired... losing 6 people at the start of a match to a damage overcharge can be demoralizing so I doubt they were doing their best.

Well, the match was surprisingly close for getting 41 kills. the other team has a couple reasonable gunships and some scouts/strikes did try to focus me for a while but they didn't use evasion cooldowns, came at me directly and ran out engine power when i hit them with ions, they did get me a few times but towards the end I guess they got tired... losing 6 people at the start of a match to a damage overcharge can be demoralizing so I doubt they were doing their best.

makes sense and thx for the answer.

fyi will pay close attention if I see Novarae on the field (as I try to with all GS's).

thx again and good hunting - :)

makes sense and thx for the answer.

fyi will pay close attention if I see Novarae on the field (as I try to with all GS's).

thx again and good hunting - :)

likewise

I think that was a good match mainly because the outcome was in doubt, the more we have good players focusing each other in close matches the better the games will be IMHO.

I am, of course, Armond436 on reddit, but I rarely discuss things on r/swtor because I've gotten the impression that a significant number of people there take the attitude that GSF isn't PvP and stubbornly refusing to consider any perspective that disagrees.

I just think that in order to be NOT confusing that ground toon PVP is "PVP" and GSF is GSF.

Although GSF is player vs player combat there needs to be a distinction between the two.

If you call GSF PVP then people will confuse what you are talking about.

I also will not refer to GSF as PVP. I dont think it should be accessable at the PVP terminal. Another terminal, a GSF terminal should be made.

Its simply confusing and to some PVPers, insulting to call GSF PVP. Calling it PVP makes no distinction between the two.

Also I think many PVPers are angry that GSF was made in the first place with all the neglect to PVP and then to DARE call it PVP...

That said, I didnt like GSF at first, now I love it. Just had to figure out how to play... lol

I just think that in order to be NOT confusing that ground toon PVP is "PVP" and GSF is GSF.

Although GSF is player vs player combat there needs to be a distinction between the two.

The problem was that I got into a huge debate with people who were claiming that GSF wasn't player vs player combat because it wasn't "real PvP". I could never get them to quantify "real PvP", though.

I don't even know, man.

And... what's wrong with calling ground PvP WZ/ranked? People do that all the time. I don't get this stubborn determination to not use specific terms that have been in use for years.

I also will not refer to GSF as PVP. I dont think it should be accessable at the PVP terminal. Another terminal, a GSF terminal should be made.

Its simply confusing and to some PVPers, insulting to call GSF PVP. Calling it PVP makes no distinction between the two.

Also I think many PVPers are angry that GSF was made in the first place with all the neglect to PVP and then to DARE call it PVP...

That said, I didnt like GSF at first, now I love it. Just had to figure out how to play... lol

How do you think we pilots feel about you groundpounders? XD

likewise

I think that was a good match mainly because the outcome was in doubt, the more we have good players focusing each other in close matches the better the games will be IMHO.

agreed.

GSF is not easy to learn under the best of conditions and the only way I get better is flying against superior ships and pilots.

(at this point, for me, there's nothing worse (boring) than flying against a rookie team. kill counts mean nothing to me then and I'll spend much of the match chasing a few ships around the map to help teach them evasion, couple of shots here and there just to remind them to dodge or los, or let them chase me so they can learn how to target. I am not among the best but have the most fun flying against them).

agreed.

GSF is not easy to learn under the best of conditions and the only way I get better is flying against superior ships and pilots.

(at this point, for me, there's nothing worse (boring) than flying against a rookie team. kill counts mean nothing to me then and I'll spend much of the match chasing a few ships around the map to help teach them evasion, couple of shots here and there just to remind them to dodge or los, or let them chase me so they can learn how to target. I am not among the best but have the most fun flying against them).

^ I like this guy!

Ahh makes more sense now. I fly mostly APAC hours, and while i have flown against Novarae once or twice, I cant remember getting owned by that player before.

But Touchdown is a name i know.... :cool: So its no real surprise that you are the same dude.

GG mate.

I was curious. Dudes on the subreddit were asking what ship it was. Someone said it had to be a gunship, and I countered that a scout could have done it (I've seen Callem do pretty big numbers with it), but I wanted to find more information.

No scout that I have ever heard of has ever pulled 84% accuracy without farming turrets.

No scout that I have ever heard of has ever pulled 84% accuracy without farming turrets.

BLC scouts can get high accuracy. I consistently finish in the low to mid 70s and on occasion I've gotten into the 80s.

BLC scouts can get high accuracy. I consistently finish in the low to mid 70s and on occasion I've gotten into the 80s.

And how many kills do you get doing that? Generally speaking you can get really high accuracy with any weapon, but it requires you to only fire when you're assured of a hit, which generally negatively affects your dps and kill count.

And how many kills do you get doing that? Generally speaking you can get really high accuracy with any weapon, but it requires you to only fire when you're assured of a hit, which generally negatively affects your dps and kill count.

It depends on the opposition and the flow of the match. If the opposition is not near the satellites I don't chase them around. A turtling team in TDM will take longer to kill because I value K/D over straight kills. Yesterday I had a match against a less skilled team and had something like 78% acc with 28 kills and 6 assists.

This could also be my playstyle. I focus on killing things as quickly as possible. My build runs the +acc crew member, with TT, and wingman. If i get behind someone at less than 3000 m I rarely miss and it's usually a kill in about 3 sec. Even if they boost away with such high acc I will land the killing blow at max range.

EDIT: I'll stop hijacking this thread. We can continue the discussion in the tips thread.

Edited by okiobe