Help marauders in pvp, stunned, snared, blown back, with crap dps.

Beebels

Dude you don't have to 100-0 some in the gore window to prove unstoppable overpowered in carnage. All that has to proved is that carnage can to vastly more damage than any other spec in 4 seconds, which is something any half decent player already understands. Edited by Zoom_VI

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude you don't have to 100-0 some in the gore window to prove unstoppable overpowered in carnage. All that has to proved is that carnage can to vastly more damage than any other spec in 4 seconds, which is something any half decent player already understands.

1. Yes you do, and that was their argument as to what would make it OP.

2. Then providing a video of it happening consistently should be as easy as breathing

I have almost globalled people plenty of times in group ranked as carnage. Easily the fastest burst in the game.

Plenty of times = / = consistent

If you meant consistent, then again, providing a video should be easy as breathing....

/Less then 5 hrs remain

Edited by scylence

Go watch my past broadcasts and do it yourself. I can't tell you where but it's there. Thanks.

Is it consistent? No. Did I read most of this thread? Not at all

Edited by Stalzy

Go watch my past broadcasts and do it yourself. I can't tell you where but it's there. Thanks.

Is it consistent? No. Did I read most of this thread? Not at all

If it is consistent, as in 50% or more of the times when you leaped to a target +did your full zerked burst rotation ( and completed it without being CCed or the target escaping) and the target died, then having cc immunity in that 4s window everytime you leaped/whatever would be overpowered. This should be basic logic, as in those times when you weren't CC'ed and the target did not escape, is a representation of a normal cicrumstance if you had unstoppable.

No evidence however has been presented to support the claim of it being consistent/overpowered.

One reason it has to be consistent because only a moron would think the game should be balanced/changed around the top 3%, or something that happens 5% of the time. If it is only happening once in a blue moon, stars aligning, etc, then the probability that your victim had non-capped/low expertise/crappy gear rises exponentially

Edited by scylence

Wouldn't it make more sense for someone to show a video of a mara leaping to a target and do a ravage+gore combo and do nothing since that is what the end result will be if they were to add an unstoppable ability to carnage? I mean on live I have seen it happen but in reality, no good player will let themselves or a teammate eat a full ravage if they can help it because of the raw damage potential that carnage has.

Wouldn't it make more sense for someone to show a video of a mara leaping to a target and do a ravage+gore combo and do nothing since that is what the end result will be if they were to add an unstoppable ability to carnage? I mean on live I have seen it happen but in reality, no good player will let themselves or a teammate eat a full ravage if they can help it because of the raw damage potential that carnage has.

happens all the time. either cuz CCs are on cd or b/c I'm fighting someone else and the mara leaps in. this whole pvp in a vacuum debate is getting old.

edit: not your requested scenario. just the completed ravage part.

Edited by foxmob

That is why it is so funny they haven't provided a video...

How hard would it be to get a friend to sit there in a duel and just eat your full combo over and over again....after showing he has full expertise in inspect window ofc.

That would showcase best case scenario of what it would look like IF we had unstoppable AND the target had no CC break/egress.

happens all the time. either cuz CCs are on cd or b/c I'm fighting someone else and the mara leaps in. this whole pvp in a vacuum debate is getting old.

edit: not your requested scenario. just the completed ravage part.

So ..you think

A. The game should be balanced around the fact you pop your CC breaks early/ the mara waited for you to? or because you might be fighting someone else?

B. Happens all the time = easy to provide evidence....

/less then 4 hrs

Edited by scylence

So I watched another 4 matches on Skyrush's twitch after getting home from work, making a total of 6 matches for the day.

Lets cover what I witnessed:

1. Lost more games then won

2. Did not 100-0 someone in 4, let alone 6s in the multiple occasions where he was untouched after leaping to his target.

3. There were a few matches were he spent a lot of time just striking with an occasional crippling throw, AND a few matches where he spent over 5s jumping in place not rooted and not being touched, as the enemy healer free-casted and his healer was getting tag teamed.

I guess it could have just been a bad day for him, everyone has one, but if that is the norm then I retract anything I said about him being a top level player. It was pretty clear he was being carried, and I mean carried so hard not even up for discussion. Top level rating = / = Top level skill

So still no evidence showcasing Carnage/Combat having the ability to 100-0 people, consistently in 4s.

/less then 7 hrs remain

Most of his losses were against Roudy's team, one if not the best team of his server. Since he was playing group rank, you can't really solo someone in group rank (unless the other team is braindead) since, well, it's group rank You only watched 6 games and then say that he lost most of his matches? He played for like 3 hours yesterday, buddy. He played more than 6 games. He did bring some people from 80 to 20%. One more thing: because a carnage marauder can 100-0 in 4 secs doesn't mean he can do that 100% of the time.

Most of his losses were against Roudy's team, one if not the best team of his server. Since he was playing group rank, you can't really solo someone in group rank (unless the other team is braindead) since, well, it's group rank You only watched 6 games and then say that he lost most of his matches? He played for like 3 hours yesterday, buddy. He played more than 6 games. He did bring some people from 80 to 20%. One more thing: because a carnage marauder can 100-0 in 4 secs doesn't mean he can do that 100% of the time.

Please learn to read, I said more then half of the games I *watched* he lost.

I also talked about him bunny hopping in place for extended periods of time

Again, if you knew how to read, you would know noone is asking for evidence of nor stating that it happens 100% of the time.

Edited by scylence

I have almost globalled people plenty of times in group ranked as carnage. Easily the fastest burst in the game.

you only get globaled by carnage if you're terrible. globals require stealth. you'd have to be a complete fool to be globaled when you see the enemy coming. and I've never -- ever -- seen anyone global in a 1v1 situation. although that smasher vid from an NC that was linked a few pages ago was damn close.

and roudy's team usually run with very good carnage marauder as well, because well they kinda BiS for hard switches.

And yeah you need to control your burst in hard switches:P

Please learn to read, I said more then half of the games I *watched* he lost.

I also talked about him bunny hopping in place for extended periods of time

Again, if you knew how to read, you would know noone is asking for evidence of nor stating that it happens 100% of the time.

Learn to read too. What did I say about you only watching 6 games? A smart marauder can 100-0 (or close to) someone consistently in regs and even in yolo rank. Big emphasis on SMART. In group rank it's harder to do but that doesn't mean the spec is ****** and should be given unstoppable.

Edited by Darkshadz

Yeah but with carnage's ravage root and the massive alacrity boost from berserk, it would actually be possible to have the entire ravage from start to finish protected by unstoppable, and of course the GCD finishes during the ravage cast so a target would also be eating another ability during that window. I.E a sent with unstoppable could execute master strike and dispatch or autocrit scream within both the unstoppable and gore window. Which would be insane.

and roudy's team usually run with very good carnage marauder as well, because well they kinda BiS for hard switches.

And yeah you need to control your burst in hard switches:P

He was playing sin/snipah/veangeance jugg (tank)/Ops yesterday. This quator is nasty too!

Edited by Darkshadz

you only get globaled by carnage if you're terrible. globals require stealth. you'd have to be a complete fool to be globaled when you see the enemy coming. and I've never -- ever -- seen anyone global in a 1v1 situation. although that smasher vid from an NC that was linked a few pages ago was damn close.

gore smash... such a troll spec:P

Learn to read too. What did I say about you only watching 6 games? A smart marauder can 100-0 (or close to) someone consistently in regs and even in yolo rank. Big emphasis on SMART. In group rank it's harder to do but that doesn't mean the spec is ****** and should be given unstoppable.

/ownt

/L2Read

/ then video should be easy

err...you can't judge a person after only watching 6 matches. I thought you would understand that but I forgot your name is Scylence.

Learn to read some more, as I originally said in the post you quoted about him, you know the part about where i specifically said "he could have just been having a bad day"..

lol...kids these days

Edited by scylence

So ..you think

A. The game should be balanced around the fact you pop your CC breaks early/ the mara waited for you to? or because you might be fighting someone else?

B. Happens all the time = easy to provide evidence....

/less then 4 hrs

what I said had nothing whatever to do with you or your inane chatter. piss off.

Learn to read some more, as I originally said in the post you quoted about him, you know the part about "he could have just been having a bad day"..

lol...kids these days

Are you braindead? You didn't read my post at all. One last chance for you: who won against him?