CALLING ALL FREAKS!! Bastion GSF Server Event: 3 May (Sat) at Noon

Kalphitis

After speaking with some folks tonight, we thought it would be cool to set up a designated time to try and get a max participation GSF event planned.

The goal here is to have all the GSF players on at the same time, to have some truly epic battles.

Are you a veteran that wants to be on when other veterans from the other faction are playing? Are you new and tired of getting queue'd with other new players against a premade -- want to play with some good players? This event is for you!

Log in next Saturday, 3 May, at Noon (server time -- which is US Pacific Time), and join your respective faction's /GSF channel. Goal is to get everybody in a group that wants in one -- hopefully will have multiple 4-man groups queue'ing up on each faction. No designated 'end-time'...will last as long as it lasts.

Note that this is planned on a Double XP weekend: this is very intentional -- attempt to encourage more people to play GSF since queue times are typically down during these weekends.

All are welcome, all are welcome...see you next Saturday on The Bastion :cool:

Edited by Kalphitis

We need clarification on what "server time" means. There is no actual server time on SWTOR the game clock displays each user's local time .

Wow, thanks for mentioning this, I never knew.....

I suppose I've played WoW too much and am used to its ease of event planning.....SWTOR fails again :(

**EDIT** Technically, The Bastion is a 'West Coast Server' -- so server time is Noon Pacific Standard Time.

Edited by Kalphitis

so server time is Noon Pacific Standard Time.

You mean Noon Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). PST is not observed anywhere in the US right now.

And this is not a nitpick: you say Noon Pacific if you mean "use whatever is current". PST has a meaning, and so does PDT.

Edited by Verain

You mean Noon Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). PST is not observed anywhere in the US right now.

Correct! Sorry for the continued confusion :(

I grew up in Indiana, which up until recently didn't observe daylight savings time...and now today has mixed time zones inside the same state. We were raised/taught to always use 'standard' so as not to confuse people who didn't live in IN.... and it has been an annoyance for me ever since leaving the state....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana#History

And this is not a nitpick:

When you correct something that is wrong, even though most people understand the meaning --- that is pretty much the definition of a nitpick. :p

Also, anytime you say 'this is not a nitpick', that means it usually is. That's like saying, 'with all due respect' when no respect exists.

Edited by Kalphitis

Looks like things are winding down.....

Many thanks to everybody who came out :cool:

I know it was frustrating at times, but we did get a few epic/big/awesome games. And quite a few back-to-back 12v12s!

Please leave some comments describing:

-Did you like it?

-What could be changed to make a future event better (what we can control, not game changes)?

-What view of Stasie exploding was most enjoyable for you? :D

1- I had a good time for sure.

2- We wanted more cross server guys. Armonddd showed up, but I would think we would have had more.

3- We could try to organize things a little more, I dunno. If a cross server guy pops in with blank ships we should have a better way of getting them in.

4- Seriously, that matchmaking. Especially the love it apparently has of 12 man teams, which started popping like crazy. 12 man is like chess on a 80x80 board- totally a different game.

Edited by Verain

1- I had a good time for sure.

2- We wanted more cross server guys. Armonddd showed up, but I would think we would have had more.

3- We could try to organize things a little more, I dunno. If a cross server guy pops in with blank ships we should have a better way of getting them in.

4- Seriously, that matchmaking. Especially the love it apparently has of 12 man teams, which started popping like crazy. 12 man is like chess on a 80x80 board- totally a different game.

honestly totally a better game :)

To make it more friendly for cross server...imo the only way to improve upon this is to schedule the event much farther out in advance....this would give potential players time to create an alt and get a ship or two created with some necessary upgrades.

As far as better organization/queue, I have this thought: Compile of a list of players that are interested in playing on a specific date/time. Choose two team 'captains' and have them select players via snake-type draft selection. Set the time for either very early in the morning or very late at night, in order to maximize the chance that the teams will get queue'd against each other and not be disturbed by other players.

Or just plan the next event for early or late and forget the team captain/draft idea :p