The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

"The respawn gate will drop in 15 seconds ... Deserter Detection will kick you in 10"

Fevee

Yea, a latecomer to a PvP match. They automatically get a medal for being a Reinforcer, or something of the sort, but there have been multiple occasions where I was stuck behind the respawn gate, and deserter detection was clearly going to trigger before the gate opened.

My suggestion is simple: Fix that!

This and insta-loss warzones are annoying; especially for those who have a limited amount of warzones per week.

Deserter detection should not tick when:

1) You are in the respawn area or loading into the respawn area,

AND

2) The doors are shut, preventing you from entering the combat area.

To compensate for this, the deserter timer should be much shorter (20-30 seconds).

• 5 months later...

This is still a problem, I suffered it just now.

I really think they should fix this. For example, for the very first time someone with a Reinforcer medal shows up, the respawn gate doesn't apply to them; they can just clip right through it like it doesn't exist. This way, they can actually join the match, and not be at the mercy of what is essentially the title's quote.

• 3 months later...

Just happened again.

It is seriously annoying to wait and wait and wait for a queue to pop. Then, wait and wait and wait for it to load, just to get into the match with enough time to type out "Bye fol-" before I am kicked for supposedly not participating in a match from behind a gate meant to stop people from participating.

Just happened again.

It is seriously annoying to wait and wait and wait for a queue to pop. Then, wait and wait and wait for it to load, just to get into the match with enough time to type out "Bye fol-" before I am kicked for supposedly not participating in a match from behind a gate meant to stop people from participating.

How long are you waiting to load? WZ usually load for me in about 10 sec, give or take...

This and insta-loss warzones are annoying; especially for those who have a limited amount of warzones per week.

Regarding this issue, I have no sympathy...

If you like playing the game, sub... F2P is just the best, longest, most complete trial experience ever... it isn't really meant to be used long term, IMHO...

If you aren't paying, then don't complain...

How long are you waiting to load? WZ usually load for me in about 10 sec, give or take...

Yeah that's the only thing I can think of; terrible loading times on his end. A full door is 30 seconds (4 ticks, 7.5 seconds a tick) and the kick timer is 60 seconds. So you'd have to load in longer than 30 seconds and get a full door when you do for it too kick you like that, unless it's bugged. The only exception is when you load into an ongoing arena, then you don't get the kick timer debuff because you can't fight in that round anyway.

The only way that youre getting deserter kicked is if youre taking a long time to load in. That is the only time ive been kicked for it. But that was on my laptop thats a potato of a computer. On my desktop I pretty much instaload and never get deserter kicked while loading in

Not everyone has a million-dollar Alienware computer. Some of us have modest computers with modest connections on a modest operating system. (XP)

• 4 weeks later...

I use to have this problem on my last computer. When the game first came out my Phenom 9500 running Vista and 8 gig-a-bytes of ram had decent load screens in the 5-10 second range. As the years went on the load screen got longer and longer till it would sometimes take me 2 minutes to load some content, and when you wait 20-30 minutes sometimes for a match and get kicked because you couldn't get through the load screen fast enough it gets frustrating.

Fast forward to my current system (upgraded July 2014) a I7-4790 with 16 gig-a-bytes of ram and windows 7 I had 5-10 second load screens again but they slowly are climbing back up as each new update is added to the game. I did recently learn that you shouldn't defrag a SSD so I will stop that now, but again even with the 256 gig-a-byte SSD and a 64 gig-a-byte ram disk I shouldn't be getting load screens that long ever.

Just happened again.

It would be really helpful if people with the Reinforcer badge had the privilege of clipping through the respawn gate just once. That way, we can join the battle and be in on the gate-opening rotation.

• 1 month later...

Just happened again.

There needs to be more consideration for these situations. For example, if the person hasn't budged from the exact spawn-in location, the countdown doesn't start.

Seriously, though, fix this. Not everyone is sporting a million-dollar alienware computer, some of us are stuck behind that stupid splash screen for too long.

On the fleet, warzone queue pops.

Huttball loading screen, waiting.

SWTOR splash screen, get to look at Lana Beniko's pretty face for a few seconds.

From the splash screen, straight to the fleet loading screen.

Welcome back to square one.

• 1 month later...
Just happened again.

It would be really helpful if people with the Reinforcer badge had the privilege of clipping through the respawn gate just once. That way, we can join the battle and be in on the gate-opening rotation.

I restate this.

Not everyone has a million-dollar Alienware computer. Some of us have modest computers with modest connections on a modest operating system. (XP)

Alienware is a waste of money.

They started using sub-standard parts years ago and charging premium for them.

I suggest avoiding them like the plague - for 2/3rds the price you can get a nice computer with the same performance.

Alienware is a waste of money.

They started using sub-standard parts years ago and charging premium for them.

I suggest avoiding them like the plague - for 2/3rds the price you can get a nice computer with the same performance.

As I do not study top-shelf computers, I do not know what computers are up there; I was just pulling an example off the top my head.