Petition to Bioware

phoenixjon

I would like to start a petition to rename the Flashfire to Skillfire. I know this seems like an unlikely name to change the beloved Flashfire to but let me state my reasoning.

1. A good Skillfire pilot uses Burst Laser Cannon. They only fire 4 shots at once so it requires great skill to be able to aim said laser to hit targets. I mean... let's be real, 4 laser shots compared to the light laser is ridiculous.

2. A Skillfire pilot uses Cluster Missles. Everyone knows that clusters are the worst missles to use. They have the shortest range of all the other missles and do the least amount of damage. I mean bioware knows it's so bad that the final upgrade offers DoT or fire double missles to do more damage. Hence great skill is required to use these.

3. Skillfire uses Distortion Field. I mean... come on. It speaks for itself. The Skillfire has to have more evasion because it's just so weak that if anything shoots it, it will die.

4. The Skillfire uses Blaster Overcharge or Booster Recharge. I mean come on guys. This speaks for itself. The Skillfire does so little damage they have to give it more damage with Blaster Overcharge and it's so squishy that it has to run all the time with Booster Recharge to run more.

5. And lastly, a Skillfire pilot uses Retrothrusters in an attempt to either shoot more at an enemy or trick them into thinking it has moved away to get behind them since it can't take a hit worth anything.

In closing, Bioware please change the Flashfire name to Skillfire because of the tremendous amount of skill required to pilot this monster of a ship.

Edited by phoenixjon
Spellcheck

Flash fire is by far the easiest of the ships to use. It has the best maneuverability speed is incredible and there small and make great for LOS. I can easily pick ships apart with cluster missiles and quad lasers. If your having trouble with flashfire your doing it wrong.

OP is sacarstic...

Maybe.

Edited by Altheran

A brand new player -- like, someone in his first dozen matches or so -- is going to do much better with a Rycer or Starguard than a Flashfire or Sting.

When i first started in beta. The flashfire was the easiest to learn the other were more difficult to learn and move around while flashfire was almost instantaneous when early access started in dominations. I win my first 10 matches with that ship.

Edited by MisterBlackJack

When i first started in beta. The flashfire was the easiest to learn the other were more difficult to learn and move around while flashfire was almost instantaneous when early access started in dominations. I win my first 10 matches with that ship.

You may be a faster learner than most, or the Flashfire may fit your playstyle better than the others. Doesn't change the fact that it is, in general, an incredibly newbie-unfriendly ship due to the fact that speed and maneuverability are only advantages if you know how to exploit them.

Also, Stasie is winning this thread.

Edited by Armonddd

Really, the flashfire name is just silly, when it is quite clearly an A-Wing.

I guess Bioware couldn't buy the rights to use the A-Wing name...since Disney owns it now and they're stingy...

In any event, I don't like the flashfire name. I also like signing petitions (look at me, I'm making a difference!)

You have my signature OP.

I vote we rename it the Bushfire.

I propose this to recognise the deaths of all the brave men and women that have died fighting bushfires around the world.

See I can make pointless and non relevant suggestions as well.

Really, the flashfire name is just silly, when it is quite clearly an A-Wing.

No it's not. If I could fire BLCs straight behind me, there would be so many problems. They didn't develop that technology for another few thousand years, man.

• 4 weeks later...