Griefing

jankiel

Simple, people self destrucing in games to end deathmatch faster and get the xp. This has been a big pain during the 2xp.

I'd love to name and shame suckers that did this. Instead I'd just like the devs to see this and do something about it.

Cheers

Edited by jankiel

I haven't seen this at all on The Bastion.

What I have noticed overall is a general decline in the amount of PVPers during x2 weekends, which makes the queues longer.

I can't imagine this becoming a huge problem...there is a 60% chance that players get a domination game instead of deathmatch. And even if they do get a deathmatch, losing the game 'faster' still does not compete with many of the faster ways to get xp in the game.

I haven't seen this at all on The Bastion.

And even if they do get a deathmatch, losing the game 'faster' still does not compete with many of the faster ways to get xp in the game.

Well tell that to those who did it :p

LOL The entire game is set up for griefing and this is what upsets you ?

At a guess the person you saw was just pissed as hell, at the game just giving them one more completely bad match. Banning them is likely unneeded because odds are, they are cancelling their sub.

There isn't much they can do, other than maybe punish people that are reported for it. Simply put programs are not intelligent enough to tell between a intentional suicide or accidental ones.

Nor are humans. There are some players so bad you really can't tell.

There isn't much they can do, other than maybe punish people that are reported for it. Simply put programs are not intelligent enough to tell between a intentional suicide or accidental ones.

There is a simple fix that would help, but not eliminate it completely.

Respawn for a self destruct gets longer and longer, and does not reset to the normal time until the end of the match. (1st self destruct, normal respawn timer. 2nd, normal +15 sec. 3rd normal +30 sec, etc)

There is a simple fix that would help, but not eliminate it completely.

Respawn for a self destruct gets longer and longer, and does not reset to the normal time until the end of the match. (1st self destruct, normal respawn timer. 2nd, normal +15 sec. 3rd normal +30 sec, etc)

Problem here is that there are plenty of 'legit' self destructs in the game. Forcing a panicked engine maneuver with a missile lock, Sabotage Probe, hell even flying in a little too hot to get that Damage Overcharge nestled in the crevasse etc. These things should not be punished by such a broad sweeping measure such as you propose.

LOL The entire game is set up for griefing and this is what upsets you ?

At a guess the person you saw was just pissed as hell, at the game just giving them one more completely bad match. Banning them is likely unneeded because odds are, they are cancelling their sub.

Nope, she/he was doing it and trolling us on the chat.

Problem here is that there are plenty of 'legit' self destructs in the game. Forcing a panicked engine maneuver with a missile lock, Sabotage Probe, hell even flying in a little too hot to get that Damage Overcharge nestled in the crevasse etc. These things should not be punished by such a broad sweeping measure such as you propose.

Yep, and it happens to me too (especially learning to use power dive. after 2.7)... but honestly if you had a reason to be just a little more careful, maybe you would be?

Seen it before, pretty annoying..especially if the que's are being slow and you know that player will be in the next match as well.

Having some sort of vote to kick option that actually worked would probably be the simplest solution. Let the GSF community sort out it's griefers if the computer can't.

Well in the map screen where you chose your ship, you can kick an inactive player. If there are 4 self destructs without doing ANY damage in a row (I mean like Death, Death, Death, Death without hitting someone once or getting hit, then the rest of the team should be entitled to kill them (well, have the option to kick in game :)) . Two players did this on my side yesterday, and they went collectively 0-28 between the two of them in TDM. Not okay. Edited by SammyGStatus

How much of this griefing is response to spawn camping? Personally, that's the only time Ive witnessed either the "auto self destruct to get match over fast" or the "nobody re-spawn. Just let the spawn camping team fly around our cap ship, with nothing to shoot" strategy, (using the term strategy very loosely ). Blatant spawn camping is the only justification I can see for this kind of behavior. I say blatant, because not all spawn camping is intentional, or done maliciously. I'm fairly certain that anyone who had played enough GSF to get even half way competent, has, in the heat of battle, found themselves much closer to enemy cap ship than intended. I know personally I can easily lose track of where I am when chasing a target, then after target is destroyed Tab to find next closest, chase them, etc. until suddenly I find myself fighting at their cap ship. When cap ships had guns I'd get blown into itsy bitsy pieces of "pay closer attention to where your at next time dumeshiest". Didn't like getting one shotted by cap ships but figured it was my fault for not paying attention to where i was.

Blatant spawn camping however, is neither unintentional or accidental. I can understand a team (especially newer players) feeling disinclined to be farmed for req and kill counts, by an enemy team that is aggressively spawn camping them. Switching spawn points only works if the spawn camping is unintentional. It doesn't work if the other team is constantly changing spawn points with you, or has a bomber or two stationed on your cap ships, especially if those bombers have any sort of back up whither GS, scout, or strike. And as for "learning to play", about the only thing new people are gonna learn when they are constantly spawning into insta- death, is that they hate GSF.