Denon Exosphere (New Map, Gameplay)

Keebus

Its a really beautiful map, they outdid themselves on this one. And while the nodes are very far apart from the spawns they are not that from one another (once your there)

I imagine giving value to mobile spawn platforms =) I have no complaints other than I dont get it enough, and that we need more like it.

It's a bit lacking in stuff to hide behind and it feels really big too.

Basically not very friendly to strike fighters (although the los can play in your favour for missiles, but targets are usually hiding behind satellites).

It looks gorgeous though.

I seem to get it often enough. Maybe it just feels like that because I am not overly fond of the map.

It is definitely not bad map, it is new and everything, but it seems so big and empty to me... Sure, there are huge cruisers fighting, but besides that there is a huge empty space that seems to me bigger than the barren areas of Kuat Mesas and Lost Shipyards.

It is not worse than the other maps, too, it is pretty much on par. I like them all, somehow. Just a fifth map.

To me, the only thing it is missing are sounds that are appropriate to the constant barrage of blaster fire being exchanged! I don't want my eardrums blasted out but something more to make this seem more like an epic fight that we're participating in.

Something similar to the background noises on Corellia, where the fighting always sounds to be just around the corner.

To me, the only thing it is missing are sounds that are appropriate to the constant barrage of blaster fire being exchanged! I don't want my eardrums blasted out but something more to make this seem more like an epic fight that we're participating in.

Something similar to the background noises on Corellia, where the fighting always sounds to be just around the corner.

i' wudn't mind some area around teh back ground gun fire that does small amounts of damage to me (if it maybe allowed for radar jamming or something? a la something from the end of wrath of khan {my bad the other ref, still a great movie} . . I guess just so long as it did serve a purpose beyond just looking cool.

and How bout that planetary traffic!

Yeah, but....we are kind of in space here ;) Not really a conducive environment for sound.

It's a bit lacking in stuff to hide behind and it feels really big too.

You just listed the best two features about this map -- large size and lack of hiding space! (though really there is a lot of stuff to hide behind imo)

Bombers are overly powerful in the older domination maps. In the new map, the larger size means it takes longer for bombers to get to satellites in order to exert their power. This means they are easy pickings while they make the long flight -- which is even more difficult due to lack of stuff to hide behind.

Not only does this decrease the power of bombers in domination (which was desperately needed), it buffs other ships like scouts that can use their engine power to really become more useful.

It also helps that the capital ships are far away from the satellites. In the old domination maps, a sniping gunship can attack a satellite and just run away to their safe area if attacked -- rinse and repeat. It's a cheap tactic, one that I myself use a lot :p But of course in the new map, this just isn't practical. GS has to rely on debris they can find to los attackers (and to be fair there actually is a lot of debris in this new map...)

The SF seems more powerful in this new map also --- more opportunities to engage targets 6-10km away (their sweet spot).

Overall, I feel the ships all seem more balanced with these changes.

You just listed the best two features about this map -- large size and lack of hiding space! (though really there is a lot of stuff to hide behind imo)

Bombers are overly powerful in the older domination maps. In the new map, the larger size means it takes longer for bombers to get to satellites in order to exert their power. This means they are easy pickings while they make the long flight -- which is even more difficult due to lack of stuff to hide behind.

Not only does this decrease the power of bombers in domination (which was desperately needed), it buffs other ships like scouts that can use their engine power to really become more useful.

It also helps that the capital ships are far away from the satellites. In the old domination maps, a sniping gunship can attack a satellite and just run away to their safe area if attacked -- rinse and repeat. It's a cheap tactic, one that I myself use a lot :p But of course in the new map, this just isn't practical. GS has to rely on debris they can find to los attackers (and to be fair there actually is a lot of debris in this new map...)

The SF seems more powerful in this new map also --- more opportunities to engage targets 6-10km away (their sweet spot).

well put. i would say it is probably a good thing that people seem to not mind / prefer to get a d-x pop (for time being) so that's always a good thing for devs to note . we like- a new maps.

Yeah, but....we are kind of in space here ;) Not really a conducive environment for sound.

So you should hear NOTHING then.. don't take science too far... the movies had sound, so should the game.

(I've always made the argument that your ship detects the events going on around you and simulates sound for you. Kind of like the artificial gravity in the ships and lack of inertia affecting the crew.)

Agreed. Bombers now need support to get to the node. The map rewards good teamplay. Can be a bit obnoxiois if there are too mnay gunships but at least the snipers can't run around forever now.