The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Based Cosmetic Appearance Tabs

EnkiduNineEight

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Paper doll" could have additional slots but optional like for example a pet slot, emotes most used, and anything you can think of.

Like a 'cut-scene only weapon' customizer so that agents/troopers can change the appearance of the blaster pistol they have in cut-scenes but can't use in battle.

Like a 'cut-scene only weapon' customizer so that agents/troopers can change the appearance of the blaster pistol they have in cut-scenes but can't use in battle.

Not that, you are asking for a Weapon slot in the Apperance tab that takes the place of the weapon, but mods could be added to it so you would not be hampered in combat.

My Maurader is almost level 55, I'll be looking to style 'em up as I gear 'em up. Would love this ability to add an extra level of styling the character without affecting the gear thats being worn, i.e. Social Gear.

Not that, you are asking for a Weapon slot in the Apperance tab that takes the place of the weapon, but mods could be added to it so you would not be hampered in combat.

No, it would be a completely new tab 4 appearance only since the pistol is not equip-able by the agent/trooper. Because they use 1 in cut-scenes, but cannot equip them, it is neither changeable nor mod-able, so adding a new tab 2 change the appearance of 'cut-scene only weapons' would make me and many others go from this:( 2 this:D I just want the pistol 2 look like the matching counter-part 2 my rifle/assault cannon.

Edited by Mlnvifun

No, it would be a completely new tab 4 appearance only since the pistol is not equip-able by the agent/trooper. Because they use 1 in cut-scenes, but cannot equip them, it is neither changeable nor mod-able, so adding a new tab 2 change the appearance of 'cut-scene only weapons' would make me and many others go from this:( 2 this:D I just want the pistol 2 look like the matching counter-part 2 my rifle/assault cannon.

That apperance tab, no need for cutscenes, apperance tabs work to change apperance of weapons and armor but thats included in this idea.

Edited by ZahirS

That apperance tab, no need for cutscenes, apperance tabs work to change apperance of weapons and armor but thats included in this idea.

What I am trying 2 get across is that the pistol used by the agent/trooper is only seen DURING cut-scenes, NEVER at any other time. It is NOT used in battle. It is NOT equip-able so u CANNOT equip a different 1 that u like the look of. It DOESN'T HAVE it's own weapon slot so it is NOT mod-able. That is what I mean by 'cut-scene only weapons'. Also it wasn't included in this idea. In this idea I could change how my rifle/assault cannon looks (because they have a weapon slot), but not my pistol (because it doesn't have a weapon slot). That is why I thought of it.

Edited by Mlnvifun

A really neat looking hazmat piece dropped in a classic op yesterday. I would have loved to use it as a vanity/social gear piece on top of my Dread Forge piece!

WTB Social/Vanity Gear unlock.

I love the idea! With the need to add augment slots and move mods, it's a great expense. I have my favorite look for each of my alts, but I get bored with it. I don't want spend all my hard earned credits just moving mods!

I have guild mates that would also like a gear slot with a set of armor in one box to swap to if you have a different role you need to play. They have tank and dps armor or healing and dps armor. It takes a lot of space. So maybe an slot for an alternate set of gear with alternate stats could also be available in addition to the cosmetic overlay.

I love the idea! With the need to add augment slots and move mods, it's a great expense. I have my favorite look for each of my alts, but I get bored with it. I don't want spend all my hard earned credits just moving mods!

I have guild mates that would also like a gear slot with a set of armor in one box to swap to if you have a different role you need to play. They have tank and dps armor or healing and dps armor. It takes a lot of space. So maybe an slot for an alternate set of gear with alternate stats could also be available in addition to the cosmetic overlay.

Glad you and your guild mates like the idea. I got a unique prototype piece that I'd love to use on my vanguard this weekend.

I too would love for this to happen. This game is great, and it deserves better. It deserves a system in place to allow us to have a look and not have that look be locked to the armor itself. Right now the best I can do is buy the gear look I want from the Cartel, and then take all the mods out of the gear I'm currently wearing and place the mods in that armor, and it costs something every time I do it. That's just greedy. We don't need that. We need better than that. If other games can do it successfully, why not this one too? I'm a new player, and I come from RIFT, where I spend a lot of money on Wardrobe items in the in game shop there and I would here as well if they were available.

This is great idea with absolutely no downsides. If it's feasible, BW should incorporate this into the game. I, and lots of others, would use nice cartel/other vanitygear a lot more if it wouldn't cost about 700k per switch for mod transfers and augmenting.

This is great idea with absolutely no downsides. If it's feasible, BW should incorporate this into the game. I, and lots of others, would use nice cartel/other vanitygear a lot more if it wouldn't cost about 700k per switch for mod transfers and augmenting.

People should have no reason to oppose optional features like this that don't affect them if they don't want it to. This, for example. But, opposition shows up anyways, sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bioware, please comment on appearance tabs for characters.

With this new pack, I came to the realization that I am building up my collection of gear with really no intent of using it anymore because I rely on legacy gear more than normal gear to save money and time. This will translate into loss of revenue for from the cartel market for those that start getting into the same boat as me.

Rather than lose potential revenue, Bioware should seek to enhance the revenue by implementing this appearance tab, which will further stimulate growth in the cartel market as people will want more styles to make more unique appearances.

Exactly.

This idea is, for the players, all about having options to change their looks without it costing 10's of thousands of in game credits just to change a pair of clothes. While I very much like the modification system as a way for players to build their stats/customize etc... it is too restrictive on ones appearance. You are dis-incented from changing your look to make it appropriate to your Role Play or planet you are spending time on simply because of a cost (That is necessary and I am not suggesting removing.. changing your base stats should cost you)

This idea is, for the Company (EA/Bioware), all about giving impetus to players to continue collecting things sold in the cartel market. Presently I spend entirely too much money to have a complete collection of equipment I will NEVER use. Now, I am sure that for Bioware/EA this is a good thing. BUT I will likely stop and many others have stopped or will stop as they come to the same conclusion. Hey, I have all this neat equipment I spent cash for, but I never use it....

Creating a cosmetic appearance system thus has benefits for the Players and for the Producers. This is Win/Win

many games out there you have your normal tab for your actual fighting armor and a cosmetic tab for your appearance, a game like these with so many races, cultural areas, different planets could become a gold mine for the company if they installed this option, can you imagine buying clothes that are unique of each planet, unique of each race, unique of each culture? And to even make the pot sweeter, make that when you buy the whole collection of a particular planet, race, culture etc you get a title or a sweet set of extra stats.

C'mon devs what are you waiting for? :rak_02: