BioWare, please do not let the sadistic minority ruin your game

Rodiruk

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone posting here played a game other than WoW? To think that WoW is original is just crazy. There were great games that got it right before Wow. I.E. UO and Everquest. Even those games are not original. Most MMO games are based on pen and paper dynamics of DnD and the like. All games have borrowed what made those games fun and made it more interactive. All of the features that are wanted by the OP were unheard of at the launch of WoW.

Totally agree. It's sad most people don't know this.

Im only going to say this once: FIX THE BUGS FIRST! Tired of my guild stuff being bugged and chat being bugged. Don't cater to the hardcore players/guilds who only care about themselves and take the game TOO serious mind you and act like it is real life. The people who just want to play a game want the game not ruined. Nuf said. Edited by Warriorraider

I agree fully with the OP's sentiments, waiting not fun, make things quick and efficient, no need for cross server LFD just give me something so I don't have to wait in imp fleet and fly out to planets recruiting people to spam chat.

I am in favor of a cross realm LF Flashpoint System, ust for the lower population servers because if you keep it in house they might get screwed plus it leaves you the freedom to go out and gather help a friend etc. I dissagree with a UI that will enable elitelist jerks to monitor damage output and the like to kick me halfway through a flashpoint based on there own criteria of what is good or bad. I am in favor for at least seeing stats for oneself because I to Tank and want to know what exactly happen in a fight by just a few mouse clicks.

Pro-LFG Flashpoint system cross server

Con-UI that supports seeing others combat stats. but in favor of seeing your own stuff.

Pro-Bring back a way to summon far away group members.

BioWare,

First, I have played World of Warcraft since beta. However, I want to move on. I want a company to give me an option to play a different game that is fun. However, every time a promising game comes out, it gets ruined. There is always this vocal minority on the forums that want everything to be horribly time consuming like EQ. However, the majority of players do not agree with them. It is just that we are busy playing the game to post on the forums. Most of the people I play with don't even read the forums. This game has what MMORPG's have been missing for a long time, an amazing story. It is like a good book I can't put down. That's why I loved your single player RPGs, and that's why I love SWTOR so far. However, there are certain features that need to be implemented to keep the player base and allow this game to grow. I read these forums and it sickens me how people want to ruin your game. If you are asking why the game needs these features? It is simple. The story will only hold people for so long. Then it comes time for the end game. If an end game is not fun, people will leave. If it takes hours to form a group to do a 30 minute objective, people will leave. Why? Because there are games out there that have solved this problem. They will just go back to those games once they are done with the story. I love this game so far, which is why I want to see it improve. Not die off like so many other MMORPGs before it. Please hear me out.

Looking For Flashpoint tool:

The game NEEDS it. People say "It ruins the community", no it doesn't. People have this view of WoW pre-LFD like the community was grand or something. It never was good. Stop saying it ruined the community. It has always sucked. The WoW community ruined the WoW community. If you love to sit in a channel and spam LFG, then do it, don't use the tool. Most of us have want to have fun. If someone gets queued up in your group who is obnoxious? Use the vote tool and boot him/her. Then write his/her name down on your black list or whatever you want to do to feel special. You could always use the same tip that you give others when they say they don't want to spam chat. You could always "group with people you know". However, I do not want to spend what little free time I have waiting in a channel trying to find a group. I want to actually be able to ENJOY the game.

Dual Spec:

*EDIT*: Please be aware I am referring to dual spec within your AC. I am not referring to switching AC's. While there are others who want to switch AC's, I'm referring to switching specs within the same AC.

You have three trees. You have several different options. Some people want to play around with the talents and see what they like best. Some people want to have a PvE and PvP spec. Some people want to be able to switch from DPS to Heals or tank. Some people want to have optimized specs so they can perform the best of their ability. Why not let them have it? I see people saying it "ruins diversity". This may be true. However, and this goes back to my original point, standing in a chat looking for one specific role to finish your group IS NOT FUN. Limiting your options IS NOT FUN. Letting people dual spec will add more tanks and healers to the pool of players. It will allow more people to have a PvP spec for when they want to take a break from the story. It will give people a solo spec so they can just go out in the world and kill stuff. The pro's of a dual spec system far out weigh the cons. Another argument I hear is "Roll another toon.". No, I'm not gonna roll another Jedi Guardian, go through all the same story line, just to have a DPS or PvP Jedi Guardian. If I am going to roll another toon, I want to roll a completely different class. If you don't want dual spec, DON'T USE IT. YOU can roll multiple toons just to do something slightly different. BioWare took the grind out with their amazing story. Stop trying to put it back in by telling people to roll multiple toons just to do something their class can already do.

Combat Log:

I am a tank. Sometimes I die, and I want to figure out what killed me. I want to know if I was standing in something. I want to know if it was an ability that I may be able to interrupt. I want to know if it was a DOT that stacked up to high. I want to improve my game by looking at what happened. I understand this used to be in beta and was removed. BioWare, could you please tell us why? For those who do not want it. If you do not like this, don't look at the combat log. Some of us want to improve ourselves because we find that fun. People are afraid that with a combat log, DPS meters will come. So what? If you are afraid of people linking meters and showing that your way behind, play with people you know so you don't have to worry about that. I love how people can use the excuse "play with guildies" for arguments like the LFD tool, but not when it comes to being scrutinized by people you are in a flashpoint with. If you are playing with people you are friends with, you don't have to worry about being a baddie while you get carried through something.

Portable Transport Beacon:

For people who do not know what I'm talking about.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/gbEohft

Why was this taken out? Please implement this back into the game. Not only does it give cybertech something awesome to have, but it solves the reoccuring issue that I'm stating in this thread. Waiting is NOT fun. Not much more to say about this really.

Customizable UI.

While I do not typically use a lot of add-ons or customize my UI, I understand there are a lot of people out there who do. This is a big issue with that group of the community. Please give those players the freedom to change up their UI. There are not too many arguments against this. Options are good, constraints are bad. Give people the freedom to adjust the UI the way they want it. It doesn't harm anyone and will make your players happy.

To sum up the overall theme of my arguments, waiting is not fun. There is no aspect to waiting that is fun, for anyone. I do not play a game to spam a chat. I do not play a game so I can watch my character fly around on taxis and look at loading screens. I want to be able to enjoy the different aspects of the game, without having to grind or spend a lot of time just to get to that point. Let me spend a lot of time enjoying those aspects of the game please. Leave the grinding and hardcore mentality to EQ. Whether you love it or hate it, there is a reason World of Warcraft still dominates the MMORPG market. It doesn't even dominate it a little, it crushes the market. I want to see SWTOR flourish into the amazing game it can be.

Again, please, read this BioWare. Ignore the vocal minority on this forum that want to sabotage your game. There are a lot of us out there that want this game to succeed. We want to move on from other MMORPGs. Give us a reason to do so. Give us the tools to truly enjoy the beautiful game you have crafted.

TL;DR:

Waiting is not fun, get over it. If you want to wait, don't use the tools. Leave your sadistic pleasures out of the game and stop telling BioWare to ruin this amazing game.

I agree with this 100%. I normally dont log on much but logged into forum for this post. The only reason I am playing SWTOR right now is great guild i am in and tired of wow but nothing else is out there. I am 50 and the only flashpoints i have done are Esseles at 10 and Aithis or whatever it is. I would love to queue for flashpoints like I do with Warzones. Same with Heroics, port to leader or something is needed.

I hope to play this a long time like WoW and Lotro but thinking this is just gonna last time say Guild Wars 2 or Secret World.

I agree fully with the OP's sentiments, waiting not fun, make things quick and efficient, no need for cross server LFD just give me something so I don't have to wait in imp fleet and fly out to planets recruiting people to spam chat.

Wait? I don't know about you but guild chat is everywhere. When we're online and ready we run flashpoints. Until then there is PLENTY to keep me busy around the galaxy.

I don't want to see a cross-server LFG tool. It makes people behave badly. Why be nice when its easy to group and he'll never see you again. Actions without consequence, terrible terrible idea.

I love this game.

But I wish it was more like WoW.

Just how it is, can't help it. WoW is just so polished... unfair benchmark is unfair, but that's just how it is.

I don't plan on returning to WoW any time soon... I'm hoping Bioware keeps tuning the game.

The only issues I have with any of this is the LFD tool, people are douche bags and this just lets them continue to be like that because they can just get in when ever they want, leave it as it is and these people will become known on the server and will never get invited to any thing and they can sit alone like they should.

Yes there are some issues with LFD/LFR but they are minor compared to the alternative of waiting for hours, imagine during quiet times if you want to raid, even in WOW on a very full server it is dead in the mornings for example. That is when you want to draw upon the player pool from all servers.

Remember, options are good, restrictions are bad.

If you end up running with idiots, try forming a local group. Noone is forcing you to use the LFG tool. If all the other players are using the tool and have a bad experience, it is up to them to stop using it.

The LFD function has deminished what a true MMO game should be. A MMO should not be about getting to the max level as fast as you can but more about the journey to get there. There are alot of people who does not like to wait but that is supposed to be part of it. It is designed for you to interact with other people find friends or guilds and make the game more interactive.

No, this is your opinion. 11 million other players do not like the EQ type MMOs and that is why they went to WOW. Otherwise they'd still be playing EQ or SWG.

SWTOR is a WOW copy - this is what Bioware tried to do, they have said it themselves so you can deny it all you like, i fyou think you know better than Bioware. Their wording was like "you'd be dumb not to look at WOW".

It is ridiculous to try to tell us how SWTOR must not implement some of the best features of WOW, when SWTOR is copied from WOW.

Sour grapes and all that.

I am against Dual Spec because it takes away some of the fun of the game.

Fine, you personally, do not use the option, it is not obligatory.

Again, sour grapes.

Having Bioware create UI options from people playing the game is great. What is not needed is getting kicked from a group 1/4 of the way through a dungeon becuase it is said tthat at level 50 x class should be doing 7k damage. Not meeting the mid max that everyone expects is just wrong. Forcing me to conform to those people who want mid maxers is not fair to me. Giving them the tools to do so is wrong. If you want to look at your own stats, and only your stats I great but there should be limits.

Fine, so ask Bioware to design dungeons where the bosses commit suicide out of boredom.

However typical dungeons require good players. In practice it is not as bad as you describe, you must really be doing quite badly for other players to complain.

I 2nd this post! Don't let narrow minded players stop you from creating new and interesting content either! The story aspect is great but please create more content that distinguishes this game from the rest of the MMOs on the market.

Agree 100%. I think many of us are here because we are bored with other games on the market. I have had my time with EQ and WoW and am here for something different.

I am continuing the trend of asking Bioware directly becasue trying to convince other is a waste of time.

People who are against LFG tools and duel specs can provide ample reasons why they don't want to use them, but they don't provide good reasons why I shouldn't get to use them. Please implement these necessary features and those who don't want them don't have to use them.

Why limit my freedoms because they're narrowminded and confuse a LFG tool/duel spec with WOW?

I got to about page 22 and then stopped reading so apologies if this has been suggested before but I'd like to take some time to tell a story about a game (not WoW) that eventually had 2 LFD tools.

I used to play an MMORPG where there was not a tool to LFG. This meant as many people have said that finding groups could be frustrating and required lots of standing around in zones I had no other reason to be in spamming chat channels and generally doing nothing. The players asked for a LFG tool similar to that in use other MMO's and we were assured it would be implemented (in time), this was a Triple A MMO I.P. but not so much with the Triple A funding.

In the meantime some brightspark player created a chat channel on his server called globallff and made a post about it on the SERVER FORUM (*cough*) and drummed up a few players to join his channel. It started small like 5 or 6, eventually more and more people joined the channel as people spread the word, fastforward to ~12 months later an instance join feature arrives the channel (on my server) had nearly 400 members and had gone on to spawn several other global channels (trade/ooc) and even a couple of instance/raid specific channels.

The channel was also a very handyway to identify people who clearly need to be invited onto ignore lists and were never heard from again.

TLDR : right click chat tab - click create custom channel - Name your channel (i'm thinking GalacticLFF ?) - spread the word - profit . I hope you liked my cool story bro it may provide you with a short term compromise to allow you to expand your options.

Single Spec is fine when there are lots of players (options) when options (players) become thinner on the ground versatility can be helpful, which is probably why Bioware have said this something they are working on.

UI customisation is also on the way as confirmed by some guy called James Ohlen posting on this very website and claiming to be Game Director, likely story.

Porting would be nice but with or without is not a game breaker for me, considering binds and fleet passes and such.

/22 pence

EDIT : Yes to being able to see my combat log, no to everyone else's, wouldn't mind a combat state break notifier however.

Edited by Romster

100% agreed with the op. It's really frustrating how some people on the forums, pretending to be the majority (when forums don't mean anything as they just reflect the tiniest fraction of playerbases) try as hard as they can to keep games (this or any other post wow mmo i've tried) from succeeding.

Take wow's features and copy paste them into swtor, the game will still be different, but will stop being inferior.