SUGGESTION: Double XP Weekend Restrictions (Not to Harsh I hope)

DragonTora

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only way i see a reason to putting restrictions on double xp is if we make it a thing we can use permanently after:

1) legacy level 50

2) 4 lvl 55 toons min.

3) have at least one toon of every role - healer, tank, ranged dps, melee dps.

Thus if you want to level more alts you should be able to unlock a feature for cartel coins only and enjoy double xp for as long as you like.

:D

This idea is almost as stupid as the OP.

In a word, no.

Double xp is a gift from the development team to incentivize making more characters or getting the ones we already have to end game faster. Perhaps more important to the suits, it dangles the carrot of exciting end-game features to the free-to-play players in the hopes they might buy some passes/unlocks or subscribe.

Just because you recruited a bad apple into your group does not give you the right to limit double xp to categories of players you deem competent. It sounds like you need to do a better job at being a leader of an operations group.

It also sounds like you have different expectations than most people during double xp weekend. I don't think our guild did any raids that weekend because we all have alts we needed to level up. Most people want to level up as fast as possible and they worry about correctly gearing their toons/learning their role/class after the dust settles. This has been made all the more likely with the advent of Bolster for tactical flashpoints like KDY, which basically incentivizes waiting to gear up until after the double xp period is over.

Finally, restrictions upset customers, and then they don't want to buy your product.

In a word, no.

Double xp is a gift from the development team to incentivize making more characters or getting the ones we already have to end game faster. Perhaps more important to the suits, it dangles the carrot of exciting end-game features to the free-to-play players in the hopes they might buy some passes/unlocks or subscribe.

Just because you recruited a bad apple into your group does not give you the right to limit double xp to categories of players you deem competent. It sounds like you need to do a better job at being a leader of an operations group.

It also sounds like you have different expectations than most people during double xp weekend. I don't think our guild did any raids that weekend because we all have alts we needed to level up. Most people want to level up as fast as possible and they worry about correctly gearing their toons/learning their role/class after the dust settles. This has been made all the more likely with the advent of Bolster for tactical flashpoints like KDY, which basically incentivizes waiting to gear up until after the double xp period is over.

Finally, restrictions upset customers, and then they don't want to buy your product.

Fair enough but also the Devs could put in stuff like the Poving grounds in WOW to balance out the noobs to pro gamers, and no it's been all over manyMMOs u get bad players then they cry because they can't endgame then us great gamers are forced to endgame with the noobs and we get the repair bills of a mil credits or w/e the currency is in the MMO.

I did explain everything hundreds of times and MMOs have been out since UO and ppl should know MT (Main-Tank)=one person taunting or gaining aggro. If u have to explain to someone how to play they shouldn't be going for a world boss kill in the first place.

aaah, I was waiting for you to say this. I thought you might.

you are wrong. very VERY wrong.

MT is not someone who always holds aggro, while OT doesn't. ot doesn't mean they never taunt.

there are multiple fights in SWTOR end game, where OT is required to taunt at just the right moment, whether its boss, or adds or whatnot (multiple bosses like to incapacitate main tank temporarily and go for random raid member, which is why OT taunts immediately, so that boss remains focused on a tank, whichever tank it may be). ever heard of a term "tank swap" no, apparently not, which tells me that all your experience is so much hot air, and that you are not nearly as good as you think you are.

tank swaps existed before SWTOR btw. as did taunt trading.

the role of MT vs OT changes depending on the specifics of the fight. so no, you did NOT explain the mechanics, I'm actualy not even sure if you knew them yourself. because hey, I looked up the strat and you don't even NEED an OT for that fight. oops. its a single tank boss fight. but even if you do trade aggro with OT (the only reason I'd see for it, is if healers are falling behind and need a quick break to heal up first tank, while second takes the heat off), guess what - your OT is just as capable of kiting the boss out of earthquakes.

Edited by Jeweledleah

aaah, I was waiting for you to say this. I thought you might.

you are wrong. very VERY wrong.

MT is not someone who always holds aggro, while OT doesn't. ot doesn't mean they never taunt.

there are multiple fights in SWTOR end game, where OT is required to taunt at just the right moment, whether its boss, or adds or whatnot (multiple bosses like to incapacitate main tank temporarily and go for random raid member, which is why OT taunts immediately, so that boss remains focused on a tank, whichever tank it may be). ever heard of a term "tank swap" no, apparently not, which tells me that all your experience is so much hot air, and that you are not nearly as good as you think you are.

tank swaps existed before SWTOR btw. as did taunt trading.

the role of MT vs OT changes depending on the specifics of the fight. so no, you did NOT explain the mechanics, I'm actualy not even sure if you knew them yourself. because hey, I looked up the strat and you don't even NEED an OT for that fight. oops. its a single tank boss fight. but even if you do trade aggro with OT (the only reason I'd see for it, is if healers are falling behind and need a quick break to heal up first tank, while second takes the heat off), guess what - your OT is just as capable of kiting the boss out of earthquakes.

Hey noobtard ever heard of solo healing or solo tanking, no that';s how I can solo tank as MT on both Gargath ands SNowblind without issue cause I have enough gear and skills to actually be an epic tank only reason u need to aggro change is the MT is epic fails other than that no need to do so in this day and age.

Edited by DragonTora

In a word, no.

true enough, but you know, after a certain point the repetitiveness of the same level grind over and over again can turn away people just as easily =)

Guess what, darling: with my legacy level of 50, 7 level 55s (1 ranged dps, 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 melee dps), numerous fps and world bosses and a couple of ops, the only restriction mentioned in this thread I wouldn't qualify for was my own. I don't have a character with valor level 70, but since I do have a character with valor 68, I could fix this pretty easily if I wanted.

And I highly doubt I'm the only one.

Welcome to the real world. It's a place where people may disagree with you not because they feel that your idea somehow threatens them, but because they think your idea is bad.

2 sages, 1 shadow, 1 sorcerer, 1 scoundrel, 1 gunslinger, 1 commando, 1 mercenary, 1 guardian & 1 sentinel at 55 here and jug at 42 >.<

and the other 11 slots have alts sub 50.

true, your valor 70 is a bit tough since i'm a raider, and prefer to not touch pvp with a foot long stick, but my main sage does have valor 60, so if really necessary i could get a couple valor boosts and grind it out :D

but damn, Tait, Rob, Eric and co =) PLEASE GIVE US THIS AWESOMENESS IT WOULD MAKE LIFE MORE INTERESTING LOL :D

Edited by Hichitsuki-hime

2 sages, 1 shadow, 1 sorcerer, 1 scoundrel, 1 gunslinger, 1 commando, 1 mercenary, 1 guardian & 1 sentinel at 55 here and jug at 42 >.<

and the other 11 slots have alts sub 50.

true, your valor 70 is a bit tough since i'm a raider, and prefer to not touch pvp with a foot long stick, but my main sage does have valor 60, so if really necessary i could get a couple valor boosts and grind it out :D

but damn, Tait, Rob, Eric and co =) PLEASE GIVE US THIS AWESOMENESS IT WOULD MAKE LIFE MORE INTERESTING LOL :D

The restrictions should be costume made to the style of play (I.E. PVE, PVP, RP) but please someone from BW give some input this is sad that it's only noobs crying they can't get anything nice atm.

custom, costum. costume change is way different thing :D

Well look at it this way PVE play is way different when comparing it to PVP and both are way different comparing them to RP play styles thus my suggest restrictions are based for PVE and seem easy for a PVPer to get thus needed a PVPer to suggest some PVP style restriction and the same goes for the RP side of this 3 sided doing.

Well look at it this way PVE play is way different when comparing it to PVP and both are way different comparing them to RP play styles thus my suggest restrictions are based for PVE and seem easy for a PVPer to get thus needed a PVPer to suggest some PVP style restriction and the same goes for the RP side of this 3 sided doing.

Costume = clothes you wear.

Custom = something that is customized to your needs.

this thread is like watching a particularly gruesome train wreck, especially our esteemed OP :p

its terrible, and yet, you cannot look away just because its that terrible.

not that I in any way shape or form have to prove myself to you, Op, but lets just say, I would pass any and all of your restrictions with flying colors.

they are still a bad idea. and so is your slinging insults at someone who is very obviously a much better player then you are. but then again, its entertaining the way watching a very bad low budget 80ties b-movie is entertaining. just deciphering your barely legible speech pattern is hilarious.

but to stay on topic. double xp is not a problem. people manage to get to max level and still be terrible without it (case in point - you) by the same measure - people manage to get to 55 during double xp, even people who are newer to the game and still be semi competent, or what's more important - willing to learn and improve. restrictions will do absolutely nothing. but keep raging, my friend! :rak_03:

Hate to contradict. One. Hit legacy 50 with one main toon. :rolleyes:

meh, all I am saying is that this suggest came from reading a thread here that someone said to have legacy level 50 restriction with a few more very harsh ones but I couldn't re-find it so I started this one instead.

Can we please not have general chit chat here let's try to iron out a suggest here on how to make this MMO better.

This, only the OP is allowed to troll.

The only reason BW does 2xp is to increase revenue. They are doing it to get more people playing the game and your suggestions are counter intuitive to this. If you really think BW will gate the 2xp to only certain players, your delusional.

They would be better off putting Wookies in the game. But hey, we are all just a bunch of noobtards that can't play anyway. What do we know?

Can we please not have general chit chat here let's try to iron out a suggest here on how to make this MMO better.

For starters, is there any way to restrict those players who wrongly think they are "leet", or even remove them entirely from the game?