Guild Flagships are coming in August

Levram

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance that this guild ship will have an in game calender where guilds can setup ops times/dates or on off night setup times /dates for people to see without having to go to thrid party sites?

This would certainly fit in well with the "meet, PLAN, and strategize for their next adventure" theme.

But they'll be able to hang out...powerfully!

My wishlist for Guild ships:

1) Weekly quest terminals, PVP and PVE.

2) Portals to all relevant Operations.

3) A Calendar feature

4) Dueling area.

5) Trainers.

6) Ops/Flash Point training dummies.

7) Trophy Room for Operation achievement trophies.

8) GTN kiosk.

9) Fully customizable interior and exterior.

10) A list of ships increasing in both size and price to reflect the difference between a guild with 10 active members and huge guilds with 300+ players.

When they're redundant and unnecessary, they take time and money away from other aspects that aren't redundant and unnecessary.

If there are no functions outside of a place for guildies to hang out, wouldn't that make the ships themselves "redundant and unnecessary"?

It's too early to pass judgement either way since there isn't much information out yet but, I would hope there are some perks to aquiring these ships (speculating that they will come at a heavy cost to the guilds) that would make it worth even hanging out on these ships and not on fleet.

As a GM I'm really excited about this.

My big big hope is that the operation and FPS drops drop for all players. So just as for Xeno everyone gets a Helix, I hope when the Ops group beats Dashroode you all get a Dashroode head. Otherwise there is just going to be way too much of a grind for old Operations. Fingers crossed that it works this way.

Dude. No. If you want the expansion to make more people raid you cant just hand out rewards like that. 1 drop per kill for the older bosses and a small chance (10-25%?) for something cool to drop on the harder bosses. That's how you keep people playing. Even if the content is not exactly new. That's how they did it before and it is how they should do it again. If you don't want to grind don't play an MMO. Or just don't expect the cool stuff you get from grinding.

This everybody is a winner attitude is extremely annoying.

Same should go for pvp. You unlock housing items at certain valour and ranked rating levels. Some items are generally available but just cost a lot of wz comms. That 's how you keep people interested in the pvp.:rolleyes:

Edited by DesparadoIV

YAY!!! 4-months of updates to release one new feature again!!!

I'm happy about Strongholds, but holy **** are they milking it...just like freaking GSF.

Hey TUXs. Are you alright? You haven't been yourself recently. You have been really mad about these updates or things they are adding to the game. I'm just worried because you were so optimistic before and liked new things. It just seems you are really mad.

I told you guys just to be patient that stuff was going to be added to the game. ;) Just relax and go with the flow. They things will come out. Now look what we are getting. Guild ships, legacy banks, customizable player housing (that we can have more than 1 of) and a whole lot of other stuff.

If that doesn't satisfy you, I don't know what will. There's no need to be mad about any of this and if you are that mad about BW adding these great things, I suggest you either stop playing or take a break from the game because if you get steamed that easy on these great things, that's a problem with you, not the game.

Chill out, relax, have patience and the things will come. Great things will keep getting added to the game.

What makes you think that? This release? So, if ESO wasn't coming out there would be no more updates to tOR ever?

That is a fallacy, this follows that, so this is caused by that.

That's not what I said.

It's not a coincidence that the announcement machine has been turned to 11 a few weeks from the release of the first real Western MMO competition that TOR will face since it launched. If you believe it is, then you haven't been paying attention to MMO history.

That's not what I said.

It's not a coincidence that the announcement machine has been turned to 11 a few weeks from the release of the first real Western MMO competition that TOR will face since it launched. If you believe it is, then you haven't been paying attention to MMO history.

WOW has garrisons coming this fall which is also likely a factor. Stuck me as funny when I saw the title of the new expansion since a stonghold and garrison are similar themes.

I told you guys just to be patient that stuff was going to be added to the game. ;) Just relax and go with the flow. They things will come out. Now look what we are getting. Guild ships, legacy banks, customizable player housing (that we can have more than 1 of) and a whole lot of other stuff.

If that doesn't satisfy you, I don't know what will. There's no need to be mad about any of this and if you are that mad about BW adding these great things, I suggest you either stop playing or take a break from the game because if you get steamed that easy on these great things, that's a problem with you, not the game.

Chill out, relax, have patience and the things will come. Great things will keep getting added to the game.

/Agree. :)

WOW has garrisons coming this fall which is also likely a factor. Stuck me as funny when I saw the title of the new expansion since a stonghold and garrison are similar themes.

It's ironic. WoW copied the Companion system from TOR and renamed it Garissons, and TOR named their Housing project 'Strongholds.'

It's ironic. WoW copied the Companion system from TOR and renamed it Garissons, and TOR named their Housing project 'Strongholds.'

Wait...I was under the impression we were getting TWO "housing" systems...an individual one (that they mentioned a couple weeks ago and expanded upon today) and now this "Stronghold" idea that they broke to us today?! Individual as well as guild right?

Wait...I was under the impression we were getting TWO "housing" systems...an individual one (that they mentioned a couple weeks ago and expanded upon today) and now this "Stronghold" idea that they broke to us today?! Individual as well as guild right?

Strongholds are our own Housing system. Guild ships are something else entirely. A communal instanced area accessible only by guild members on our own guild ship.

My wishlist for Guild ships:

1) Weekly quest terminals, PVP and PVE.

4) Dueling area.

5) Trainers.

Definitely need a Dueling area.

Trainers wouldn't hurt, but don't we already have the Karagga Holo? That thing is sweet. I think it makes sense that peeps should be required to go to Fleet to learn their ACs.

I doubt WoW has copied anything from this game lolz.

Blizzard refused to implement aoe looting for 8 years. Then one week after SWTOR open beta, Blizzard announced aoe looting would come with Pandaria. Coincidence I'm sure.

Edited by Onrush

Hey TUXs. Are you alright? You haven't been yourself recently. You have been really mad about these updates or things they are adding to the game. I'm just worried because you were so optimistic before and liked new things. It just seems you are really mad.

I'm fine :) I just see the drought of playable content we've suffered since GSF launched (all 3 times) and I fear that the trend may continue with housing now that I've seen that they plan to release housing in the same fashion (3 releases).

Strongholds are our own Housing system. Guild ships are something else entirely. A communal instanced area accessible only by guild members on our own guild ship.

OK, thanks...that's what I thought. You just used "housing" as a singular and I worried I might be misreading the info.