Guild Flagships are coming in August

Levram

I'm fine :) I just see the drought of playable content we've suffered since GSF launched (all 3 times) and I fear that the trend may continue with housing now that I've seen that they plan to release housing in the same fashion (3 releases).

I agree. The 3 different releases thing was terrible; I even had the urge to quit the game until it was done.

On a lighter note; I'm not really into Player Housing but I'll definitely be trying this out, and enjoying a new place to relax (besides the fleet :p)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blizzard refused to implement aoe looting for 8 years. Then one week after SWTOR open beta, Blizzard announced aoe looting would come with Pandaria. Coincidence I'm sure.

Rift had aoe looting way before this game. Try again...

Rift had aoe looting way before this game. Try again...

No, seriously, the garrison thing in WoW is based entirely on the Companion system here in TOR. Even the mission menu is identical in structure and design. They just don't have story attached to the nameless faceless NPCs that WoW sends out to do your stuff for you.

No, seriously, the garrison thing in WoW is based entirely on the Companion system here in TOR. Even the mission menu is identical in structure and design. They just don't have story attached to the nameless faceless NPCs that WoW sends out to do your stuff for you.

Sounds more like STO's duty officer system.

Edited by Dokar

Sounds more like STO's duty office system.

Never seen that. But the structure of the Garrison mission menu is almost spot-on to the TOR mission menu.

It shows the amount of time needed to complete the mission, what the mission entails and what sort of rewards you can expect to receive for completing the mission.

It's very frustrating to see it stretched out, but I see it as a way to reward Subscribers 'and' make sure that everything works the way it should. Tier-based access ensures that Subscribers get lots of love 'and' we get to be the guinea pigs in making sure it's coded right. :)

I'm the exact opposite of a Housing fan, but gosh darn, they did this right.

There is a reason for this. As some one who went through FFXIV:ARR's launch, I have some perspective on it. Basically a house will create an instance. They need space, and a transfer mechanisms to move you from your game server to an instance server.

Basically, you would release it lightly, like GSF and then test it. Just like GSF, the subbers will get it first, but will effectively open beta test it before full release to make sure the servers don't crash and burn. This is all dependent on how their server configuration is laid out but I think they generally use the same methods as it's more efficient that way.

There is a reason for this. As some one who went through FFXIV:ARR's launch, I have some perspective on it. Basically a house will create an instance. They need space, and a transfer mechanisms to move you from your game server to an instance server.

if they implement this instance server there is nothing that would stop cross server pvp

I agree. The 3 different releases thing was terrible; I even had the urge to quit the game until it was done.

On a lighter note; I'm not really into Player Housing but I'll definitely be trying this out, and enjoying a new place to relax (besides the fleet :p)

I'll be very curious to hear more from you once it's in-game and running. I know a lotta people are like you thinking "Housing?! Uh...why?"...but if it's done well (more player freedom, no 'hooks' or 'pegs'), I promise you that even those who don't get it now, will after they have a chance to see what people can create. Hopefully it's about letting you create your own space in the game world for others to see.

Uh, the "companion system" of TOR is about as new as mouse support. It was "new" in an MMO, but maybe that's because nobody thought a system to replace human players was a good idea for a multiplayer game.

I'll be very curious to hear more from you once it's in-game and running. I know a lotta people are like you thinking "Housing?! Uh...why?"...but if it's done well (more player freedom, no 'hooks' or 'pegs'), I promise you that even those who don't get it now, will after they have a chance to see what people can create. Hopefully it's about letting you create your own space in the game world for others to see.

The flip flopping is already pretty much in full steam ahead mode.

It's shockingly amazing how many people who shot down "sandbox features" and those who supported those features are now suddenly extremely happy and excited about "sandbox features". Ok, it's neither shocking, nor amazing, but it's funny, nonetheless.

Uh, the "companion system" of TOR is about as new as mouse support. It was "new" in an MMO, but maybe that's because nobody thought a system to replace human players was a good idea for a multiplayer game.

A similar system was in lotro long before it was here.

I'll be sure to post my opinions about it on the forum, when it comes out. ;)

Until then, I remain skeptical. I have to say the biggest question I have right now is if you truly get player freedom to customize, or will there be hooks/pegs like you mentioned in your post.

Only time will tell. :)

Edited by Essence_of_Light

I'll be sure to post my opinions about it on the forum, when it comes out. ;)

Until then, I remain skeptical. I have to say the biggest question I have right now is if you truly get player freedom to customize, or will there be hooks/pegs like you mentioned in your post.

Only time will tell. :)

Thank you - I truly am curious to hear your comments after a bit.

I've watched the freaking video like 10 times and I can't tell...but judging by some of the items not being centered on rugs and such, I'm leaning towards more freedom and less hooks/pegs...very well could be because that's what I "want" to see...but I was looking for clues otherwise as well.

Edited by TUXs

My wishlist for Guild ships:

1) Weekly quest terminals, PVP and PVE.

2) Portals to all relevant Operations.

3) A Calendar feature

4) Dueling area.

5) Trainers.

6) Ops/Flash Point training dummies.

7) Trophy Room for Operation achievement trophies.

8) GTN kiosk.

9) Fully customizable interior and exterior.

10) A list of ships increasing in both size and price to reflect the difference between a guild with 10 active members and huge guilds with 300+ players.

An outstanding list! Man, I hope we get something like this.

Thank you - I truly am curious to hear your comments after a bit.

I've watched the freaking video like 10 times and I can't tell...but judging by some of the items not being centered on rugs and such, I'm leaning towards more freedom and less hooks/pegs...very well could be because that's what I "want" to see...but I was looking for clues otherwise as well.

I don't think it will be complete three-dimensional free positioning like in SWG (place bags in the air in the middle of the room). But I can imagine having plenty of hooks as in a grid layout so that a table doesn't always have to be in the center of the room. If furniture followed a few rules (e.g. length, width and height would be multiples of 10 cm) then stuff could be placed in a 10 cm grid without causing too much trouble. If furniture has collision mechanics it may complicate things.

Having said that, the addition of GSF shows that they are not limited by the current game mechanics and could very well add forms of placing items that are currently not in the game.

I don't think it will be complete three-dimensional free positioning like in SWG (place bags in the air in the middle of the room). But I can imagine having plenty of hooks as in a grid layout so that a table doesn't always have to be in the center of the room. If furniture followed a few rules (e.g. length, width and height would be multiples of 10 cm) then stuff could be placed in a 10 cm grid without causing too much trouble. If furniture has collision mechanics it may complicate things.

Having said that, the addition of GSF shows that they are not limited by the current game mechanics and could very well add forms of placing items that are currently not in the game.

Yeah, looking at the video(s) there are too many things NOT in line with other things that there has to be some freedom (couches offset from each other and one skewed at about a 25° angle). Again, I may very well be seeing what I want to see, but I'm also looking for disappointment and not finding it...(well, until I read the PvP forums that is).