Sooo...Traditional Jedi Robes?

Lovethebeard

Not when said people often cite the other classes as "getting their iconic looks" as an argument since that is plainly not true.

Point was not that the jedi outfits look more like their "iconic" movie versions than the other classes do.

Point was that people claim that the other classes have the "iconic" look already and the only class left out is the jedi (thus putting themselves in a victim role of "all the other classes get their iconic looks, why can't we?") which is simply not true.

That's their opinion. Just as it's yours that it's not the case. Subjective.

Aside from that, you're diluting their argument. Considering the plethora of skimpy outfits being released via the cm in every pack, the clipping issue is largely resolved (allowing long sleeves), and that this is Star Wars (where Jedi are arguably the most iconic symbol of the ip), it is pretty unbelievable that there isn't a truly traditional set of Jedi armor in this game.

Edited by Telaan

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tired of people coming up with bs excuses on why Jedi don't have that "iconic look." Look people, since the beginning Jedi have worn pretty much was shown in Ep 1-6. How much fan art and blah blah blah do you need to understand that this has always been yet not a have to for Jedi wears.

LEATHER BOOTS THAT COME UP TO THE KNEE WITH OUT BIG KNEE PADS OR GLOWING CRAP ON THEM FFS!! I would kill for those. But again, those are part of the entire "iconic Jedi," look that we have all been asking for on here. Stop giving us welfare robes and second tier comments that we have the Relnex set so we should stop complaining about this. This is Star Wars ... I main Jedi's ... and i want them to look the part. Jedi have worn the same dag on' thing since the start.

Point was not that the jedi outfits look more like their "iconic" movie versions than the other classes do. Point was that people claim that the other classes have the "iconic" look already and the only class left out is the jedi (thus putting themselves in a victim role of "all the other classes get their iconic looks, why can't we?") which is simply not true.

You know what? You are right. Jedi aren't the only class that doesn't have iconic gear and I do believe in time we will see more 'iconic' outfits for other classes.

But.

The point of this thread was to get an update on a post Eric made last year about more 'traditional' Jedi robes coming to the cartel market, being sold in packs and direct purchase. I for one am still waiting for this to happen and it was a non-aggressive post to see if we could get Eric's word in.

At no point in my posts did I slam other classes about iconic outfits claiming "Jedi are the only class left". Iconic Jedi robes have been an ongoing issue for as long as I can remember with lots of support from other players on the forums wanting the same thing. So you coming in to this thread (although stating your opinion) and blasting us for wanting just that little more, is quite unfair.

You know what? You are right. Jedi aren't the only class that doesn't have iconic gear and I do believe in time we will see more 'iconic' outfits for other classes.

But.

The point of this thread was to get an update on a post Eric made last year about more 'traditional' Jedi robes coming to the cartel market, being sold in packs and direct purchase. I for one am still waiting for this to happen and it was a non-aggressive post to see if we could get Eric's word in.

At no point in my posts did I slam other classes about iconic outfits claiming "Jedi are the only class left". Iconic Jedi robes have been an ongoing issue for as long as I can remember with lots of support from other players on the forums wanting the same thing. So you coming in to this thread (although stating your opinion) and blasting us for wanting just that little more, is quite unfair.

And I wasn't replying to your post in that first post I was making, now was i?

Besides, I don't think the other classes should have their "iconic" outfits either since in this discussion, that means "from the movies" which take place 3000 years later.

I would be really upset, for example, if they added a boba fett armor, since that armor style was not invented for over a thousand years after the game takes place.

The point here is that from the start when these threads appeared, it was asked, nay demanded, that bioware should include jedi outfits that looked like they did in the movies, and most often the reasoning behind this amounted to little more than "because".

That's their opinion. Just as it's yours that it's not the case. Subjective.

Aside from that, you're diluting their argument. Considering the plethora of skimpy outfits being released via the cm in every pack, the clipping issue is largely resolved (allowing long sleeves), and that this is Star Wars (where Jedi are arguably the most iconic symbol of the ip), it is pretty unbelievable that there isn't a truly traditional set of Jedi armor in this game.

Oh dear lord, no.

It's not a matter of opinion.

Not when you start to point out the differences. Then you are actually going into facts.

Things like "short sleeves instead of long sleeves" is not an opinion, it is a fact that the outfits in the movies have long sleeves and the ones in the game have short.

And going by those facts, the other classes have even less iconic looks in the game.

And the entire argument is about wheter or not there is such a thing as "truly traditional jedi outfits" at all.

You state that they are traditional because that's how they look in the movies, and that's how they look (well, some) in the KotOR game. Thus drawing the conclusion that they must have looked like that between these two moments in SW history too.

But when I point out that just 30 years prior to KotOR, jedi looked vastly different and that in SW:TOR artwork, there are only a very few pictures of jedi in what you would classify as "traditional" outfits, it is simply ignored.

I have stated plenty of times before that I am not against the look of the jedi from KotOR being implemented in the game.

I am, however, very much against it being toted as a must because that's how jedi are supposed to look.

To try to anchor your arguments for implementing it in some sort of twisted sense of "that's how it's supposed to be" and ignoring the evidence around you that suggests otherwise.

Bioware is in their full rights to dictate how jedi look in this century of SW history.

That you come out and blatantly tell them that they are wrong and you are right is ludicrous to say the least.

Jedi have looked vastly different throughout the history of star wars.

Just because you don't like the look in this game doesn't give you the right to say that it is "wrong".

That is what "grinds my gears".

Not the fact that people want the KotOR looks, I don't care about that one bit.

TL;DR If the argument for including the KotOR/movie jedi robes had been "because I like that style more and think it would look good in the game" I would have been right there behind you backing you up.

But from the start of these demands (Many threads ago) the argument has always been "The jedi outfits in the game are wrong, we want the right ones" and that argument just doesn't hold up.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

And I wasn't replying to your post in that first post I was making, now was i?/QUOTE]

I wish they would just release something so people would shut up about the minute detail differences already...

Although you didn't reply to my OP exactly. You implied it to everyone that wants iconic Jedi outfits.

Although you didn't reply to my OP exactly. You implied it to everyone that wants iconic Jedi outfits.

It's the argument that has been presented over and over in the threads on the subject.

The fact that you feel that I was adressing you (despite the fact that I wasn't) doesn't make it so.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

It's the argument that has been presented over and over in the threads on the subject.

The fact that you feel that I was adressing you (despite the fact that I wasn't) doesn't make it so.

Well it looks it looks like we both have said what we have wanted to say. I didn't make this thread to start a fight with anyone, just looking for a friendly answer to a friendly question. I appreciate and respect what you have said, but I have no intention to keep squabbling over this subject.

Well it looks it looks like we both have said what we have wanted to say. I didn't make this thread to start a fight with anyone, just looking for a friendly answer to a friendly question. I appreciate and respect what you have said, but I have no intention to keep squabbling over this subject.

I'm ok with that.

My discussion was with someone else, it just happened to happen in your thread.

I have no beef with you.

Oh dear lord, no.

Not when you start to point out the differences. Then you are actually going into facts.

Things like "short sleeves instead of long sleeves" is not an opinion, it is a fact that the outfits in the movies have long sleeves and the ones in the game have short.

And going by those facts, the other classes have even less iconic looks in the game.

And the entire argument is about wheter or not there is such a thing as "truly traditional jedi outfits" at all.

You state that they are traditional because that's how they look in the movies, and that's how they look (well, some) in the KotOR game. Thus drawing the conclusion that they must have looked like that between these two moments in SW history too.

But when I point out that just 30 years prior to KotOR, jedi looked vastly different and that in SW:TOR artwork, there are only a very few pictures of jedi in what you would classify as "traditional" outfits, it is simply ignored.

I have stated plenty of times before that I am not against the look of the jedi from KotOR being implemented in the game.

I am, however, very much against it being toted as a must because that's how jedi are supposed to look.

To try to anchor your arguments for implementing it in some sort of twisted sense of "that's how it's supposed to be" and ignoring the evidence around you that suggests otherwise.

Bioware is in their full rights to dictate how jedi look in this century of SW history.

That you come out and blatantly tell them that they are wrong and you are right is ludicrous to say the least.

Just because you don't like the look in this game doesn't give you the right to say that it is "wrong".

TL;DR If the argument for including the KotOR/movie jedi robes had been "because I like that style more and think it would look good in the game" I would have been right there behind you backing you up.

But from the start of these demands (Many threads ago) the argument has always been "The jedi outfits in the game are wrong, we want the right ones" and that argument just doesn't hold up.

Seriously have you not played kotor or swtor? The game takes place after kotor and before episode 1. The outfits we ask for are in Kotor and kotor 2 end

the horse **** and stop defending the **** about it wasn't their til later in history. It predates episode 1 And is organized in most up to all Canon lore back to I Jedi. If you did more research into this it has been state AND giving screen shots and files of what we would prefer compared to what we have and are from Kotor. Beware has yet to give a official respond beyond the we are not going to copy and paste even tho majority would prefer that method then trying to re invent it. That's kinda like someone trying to reinvent the wheel.

Edited by Stridentzephon

I didn't take the term "traditional" out of nowhere or came up with it myself. There is a general consensus among Star Wars fans and community as to what "traditional robes" are like:

http://www.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_apparel

Elaborate stuff the characters wear in KotOR comics (obviously in order to be distinguished from the "normals") is branded as "atypical", too.

Saying that "traditional means different things to everyone" is not good when there is a general consensus out there established.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Oh dear lord, no.

I didn't make any argument of the kind. I was only pointing out the hypocrisy of your counterpoint. The rest is pointless and not worth derailing this thread over anymore.

I think we can safely say Bioware simply needs a new art team.

They've been dropping the ball on the art direction since day one.

From the end game crap they continue to introduce, to all the copy/paste retextures of the same gear in the same pack every month...to the complete botched jobs on kotor replica gear to the simple low quality cut out skimpification of already existing armor.

Yup. New team, new ideas. Perhaps some guys who actually watched the movies, read a few books, or maybe have seen some fan art too.

Seriously have you not played kotor or swtor? The game takes place after kotor and before episode 1. The outfits we ask for are in Kotor and kotor 2 end

the horse **** and stop defending the **** about it wasn't their til later in history. It predates episode 1 And is organized in most up to all Canon lore back to I Jedi. If you did more research into this it has been state AND giving screen shots and files of what we would prefer compared to what we have and are from Kotor. Beware has yet to give a official respond beyond the we are not going to copy and paste even tho majority would prefer that method then trying to re invent it. That's kinda like someone trying to reinvent the wheel.

Are people just skimming through my posts?

I clearly stated that they are in KotOR as well.

But I also clearly stated that just 30 years before KotOR, jedi looked vastly different. What's to say that jedi of this time didn't prefer short sleeves, belts on the outside and tucked shirts?

Oh, bioware, the licence holders of the lore for this game, that's who.

There is obviously trends in how jedi look judging from the lore, and at this time in the star wars history, the trend is short sleeves, belts on the outside and tucked shirts.

But no, people are so bloody obsessed with how jedi looked in the movies and in KotOR that they refuse to look even slightly different, and claim that it is how jedi "should" look.

Despite evidence showing otherwise.

I don't care if they implement it or not, but stop demanding it as if it was a birthright and as if bioware are commiting a great injustice on you for not implementing it.

meh, doesn't bother me much, i have my "Traditional Robes"... love those Relaxed Vestments, reminds me of Aayla Secura and Darth Talon... :cool:

Yours, but as I said before: there is a general consensus among Star Wars community and fans as to what traditional robes look like. Aayla's are branded as specialized/atypical as she was wearing a traditional Twi'lek outfit.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I actually don't understand such demand, ok, I admit there could be more Jedi type clothing, but there is Valiant Jedi, Relnex Robes, Last Handmaiden, Bastila Shan set and that another brown cartel set, and some non-cartel armorings, for example Traditional Nylite Vestments and Sith Battlemaster robe:D charged peacemaker exists and list goes on.

What I would like to see is Satele's armor, and more clothing for smuggler:D

haven't played as a Jedi myself yet, and if I do something like the trooper armour/robe mix from the Clone Wars series would probably be my preference, and I've seen plenty of outfits like that., but if there are no traditional Obi-Wan style plain robes, it does seem a bit unfair.

My main is a smuggler and there're more than a few options to make him look like all different types of space cowboy, or Han Solo-ish guy. There's even passable opportunities to assemble a Lando space pimp look. Troopers can be traditional white plastic guys, or mix it up with plenty of Episode 2 or 3 colour schemes or even go for more of a mercenary/bounty hunter look. On Empire side I think there's plenty of scope for making your guy look whatever shade of evil spikey black you want. Why not give the Jedi some plain robes in some nice browns and beige?

Most abundant image =/= traditional... It just means the most popular one.

(also, I spot a few images there that don't count as "traditional" in this discussion)

And yet Bioware can't get those most abundant(popular) into the game in an orderly fashion ;)

Edited by jankiel

Just typed "Jedi Robes" in google. Seems we have a different opinion of 'Traditional' robes. :rak_03:

Source

i thought you got the point i was making there for a second, but since the link seems as though it's a way of trying to say i'm somehow wrong, i guess it means you missed the point entirely... :o

Edited by Elly_Dawn