Nerf all Melee DPS

Dustychild

You have to balance the PVP field. The melee are way to over powered. Their damage is way to high and their attacks way to unrestrained. This would not be a problem if You would unnerf sages and sorcs but you wont so you need to nerf all melee dps and take away their I win buttons because you range dps have no defenses against the over powered melee dps.

This is all melee need nerfed and their damage taken down to equal to range with having to use channels and lock out timers of no less then 6 second for all attacks just like all range have on their most basic attacks as in shock and project.

Put channeling and 6 second lock out timers and all the attack above the common slash and double slash. No instant attacks for anyone if you take them away from one they need taken away from all. You can make their channeling a moving one so they can keep moving just having to stay in range of their victim or the channeling is lost and they would have to restart their attacks all over just like range has to do now. This goes for all their CCs as well. No more grow to cc a crowd of player. They would have to channel it and anyone moving out of range while they channel would make them have to restart their channel all over again mean while they cant be attacked and interrupted countless of times over and over again.

While doing a channel or dealing with a 6 second lockout and unable to do anything else during that time. It would be very, very hard for them to be over powered, This would bring balance back to the PVP world and you can make it a pvp world only so it would not interfere with the pve world. The PVE world should not suffer because you can't seem to get your head out of the dark hold that follows you and fix the unbalance you have caused with being to what seem to unintelligent to figure out the unbalance you have caused.

Or unnerf Shock and Project and restore the stuns in pvp.

Melee don't have a chance to get away from ranged attacks and hit people from 30 meters away like Ranged do, that's why they "hit harder", which they don't in reality. Playing melee is completely different than playing Ranged. You have different things to worry about and pay attention to.

This suggestions is flat out ridiculous.

So in my head all that changed into: "Waaaaaaaa someone spanked me put -them- on a timeout."

:rolleyes:

The only issue I have with your statement is your assertion that something "changed"- I thought your inner monologue there sounded like a completely accurate summary of the original poster's whine.

OMG. Now it's nerf the melee. Is there any class that someone hasn't thought should be nerfed? All the pvp qq is seriously damaging pve gameplay and it needs to stop. 99% of the time, no nerf is necessary, people just don't know how to play their class optimally. Instead of asking for nerfs, people need to pay more attention to gear and rotations and learn to play better. Edited by errant_knight

Woops should have said "Translated to." ;)

Oh yes, that works.

As for nerfs... frankly, what really needs to happen is another damage type. i.e. make it so that, for instance DarthBinks Overhyped Virile Saberstaff does 35.5 damage against targets and 35.5 damage against players. That's only one example of course, but what I'm suggesting is that any given weapon should give out two different sets of damage- so that one variable can be changed without altering the other. Then let the PVP lot nerf to their hearts' content without affecting the game.

Mmm...

I don't think its a matter of nurfing, but pragmatically changing how classes work to be more equitable in an all class vs another - one on one.

I believe the real problem with PvP is that some classes are combat dynamic while others are combat static, and as a result the perception of under or over powered arise.

You may wonder, what I mean with dynamic classes and static classes, what is my definition?

A static class such as a Lightning Sorcerer, who must remain stationary in order to activate a skill or ability, any movement, knockback, interrrupt will break the attack, and thus accomplish nothing.

A dynamic class such as the Inquisitor Assassin, can use their attacks while moving, no activation times, no attack is interruptable, knockback has no impact, etc.

It seems to me, if we are going to have "sporting" PvP all classes needs to be dynamic. In the case of the Lightning Sorceress, their activation needs to be instantaneous like the other classes, but they have longer cooldowns to compensate; of course it is important to ensure that a Sorceress does not find herself without teeth because all of her attacks are in cooldown, so a balance is needed, after all the Assassin can't attack forever, they do run out of endurance.

Interestingly the rule set change, can be implemented for PvP only, where say activation times are made instantaneous but cooldown times are doubled, while leaving PvE alone.

Sue

Sue

agree

Think it would be great if they gave heavy armor a "buff" whenever attacked. This way, armor would stay nice and shinny during combat.

As for the light and medium armored individuals we apply a "cleanse" so as not to have any unsightly dirt on the armor.

Yes its me again. They need to unnerf sages and sorcs and that is the end result I am trying to get to here and yes melee can hit from range and then charge in against sages and sorcs unlike agents and smugglers that have a cover advantage that prevents charging.

In the end I want my sage and Sorc to be unnerve and their core power returned to them. and Not all stuns but the ones for project and shock should have never been taken away. Those are the very core of the characters servile and need restored.

I play both ranged and melee classes in PvP. Sorcs/Sages aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Lots of people play them and lots of people do really well with them. I've never felt particularly under powered on my Sorc compared to other classes. The play style is just different. The Mercenary is by far the worst for me, but that's not melee's fault. Marauders basically have one semi-good spec in 2.7 and it's easy to shut down. Juggernaut's won't get all the free protection medals anymore. Smash is nerfed and Vengeance isn't ideal for PvP anyway. Operatives are getting *******ked in the update as they'll lose their knock down from hidden strike. Assassin's are about the only one's not being touched but the only place they really shine is PvP anyway.

In no way am I suggesting that Sorcs and Sages are without their problems as a class, but Vengeance has issues in PvP as it's based around Ravage which can be broken with hard stuns etc. Annihilation's got too long a ramp up time with poor target switching to be remotely viable in PvP on a serious competitive level. Carnage is too easily shut down and does crap for damage when gore windows are wasted and Rage for both AC's has been turned into a mediocre single target spec all because of people like the original poster who ***** all the time.

So what more do you want? Sorcs/Sages are getting buffed in 2.7 and melee's been gimped because people who can't play worth a **** QQ about melee kicking their asses all the time. You probably get your *** handed to you by other people with the same or similar AC's but won't ***** about that because the nerf would effect you specifically and you can't have that.

In my opinion not every AC or spec should be equal in PvP and not all AC's should be good against each other. Each spec needs to have a natural enemy that exploits their weaknesses just as every class should perform well against another leveraging what they have against others.

All classes should be viable of course, but they don't all need to perform well against one another. Sorcs don't do well against Sentinels, Sentinels don't usually do well against snipers, and so on. This is how it should be.

Edited by Spamfritter

I In my opinion not every AC or spec should be equal in PvP and not all AC's should be good against each other. Each spec needs to have a natural enemy that exploits their weaknesses just as every class should perform well against another leveraging what they have against others.

All classes should be viable of course, but they don't all need to perform well against one another. Sorcs don't do well against Sentinels, Sentinels don't usually do well against snipers, and so on. This is how it should be.

What you propose, seems good at a glance, but in practice is not likley or easy to accomplish when you have so many choices and abilities.

Truthfully, all classes and builds, should have the same chance to defeat each other, where the real test is the player's skill and ingenuity only, and not biased by class restrictions and gear quality.

Sue

God damnit, please for the love of god, stop complaining. It's not the class abilities that is the problem, it's your ability to PvP. Non-existent if you seriously think Sage/Sorc needs to be buffed.

I would like to direct you back to one of your many forum posts here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=727613

Please re-read my 2 posts you will find there, and kindly shut up, because people like you are making PvP and PvE a nightmare because of asking for damage boosts/nerfs/ability changes.

-Nikki <3

The problem with your idea is on the PvE side of things melee dps is lower than ranged dps. Any nerfing for PvP sakes would make them even more impractical in PvE

Funny, because on the Harbinger the top DPS is as follows:

1m HP dummy

Op/Scoudrel - 4080

Merc/Commando - 4065

Mara/Sent - 3808

GS/Sniper - 3805

Guardian/Jugg - 3711

PT/Vanguard - 3650

Sage/Sorc - 3528

Shadow/Assassin - 3512

On the 1.5m HP dummy, I believe Jugg/Guardian and Mara/Sent are the highest.

I don't agree with the OP, just thought I would point that out.

What you propose, seems good at a glance, but in practice is not likley or easy to accomplish when you have so many choices and abilities.

Truthfully, all classes and builds, should have the same chance to defeat each other, where the real test is the player's skill and ingenuity only, and not biased by class restrictions and gear quality.

Sue

I said nothing about gear, nor did I say it was easy. Annihilation sucks in PvP, so I learned Rage and Carnage. Rage sucks a lot of times for PvE, so I use Carnage for that. (And based on the fight, I'll run whatever works best for it be it Annihlation, Carnage or Rage.) Arsenal sucks in PvP so I use Pyro, I hate Pyro as a general rule and prefer Arsenal for PvE. For Juggernauts I go Vengeance for PvE and Rage for PvP. Lightning sucks for PvP so I learned Madness and so on. If a spec isn't viable I learn another or switch to another. It's really not that hard.

I am not sure why everyone seems to think they only need to run one spec all the time nor do I understand why they seem unwilling to learn the rest of their trees to get the most out of the character.

Part of the problem with this game is that changes to PvP screw up viability in PvE and vice versa. BioWare finally somewhat addressed that with the Rage spec, as the nerf only applies in PvP, but the fact that they made the changes separate is a good start. Unfortunately the idea of nerfing an AoE spec into a mediocre single target spec baffles me. They already cut the smash radius down significantly in 2.3 or whatever. Now they've made it virtually useless for PvP in 2.7.

And I see far more Sorcs/Sages breaking a million DPS in warzones than I do melee classes even before all the Rage spec nerfing.

So please BioWare, stop listening to all the QQ'ing. Balancing the game around people who can't play worth a damn with any class won't end well. It will drive people away from the game and your rewarding people who don't want to put the time into learning to play the game properly in the first place. That's probably not the player base who buys a crap ton of Cartel Coins and pays for subscriptions.

They need to address people who break the system with crap like 46 blue mods (done in 2.7) and Sorcs/Sages and other classes who trick the match making system into showing a healer as a DPS class. Crap like this is the real problem with PvP. Sorcs didn't need the buffing they got in 2.7 and Marauders and Juggernauts don't need the nerfing they are getting here.

And I'm saying that as someone who plays Sorcs, Marauders and Juggernauts.

Edited by Spamfritter

Funny, because on the Harbinger the top DPS is as follows:

1m HP dummy

Op/Scoudrel - 4080

Merc/Commando - 4065

Mara/Sent - 3808

GS/Sniper - 3805

Guardian/Jugg - 3711

PT/Vanguard - 3650

Sage/Sorc - 3528

Shadow/Assassin - 3512

On the 1.5m HP dummy, I believe Jugg/Guardian and Mara/Sent are the highest.

I don't agree with the OP, just thought I would point that out.

Yeah I know some melee dps are better than others. I just happen to be that bottom class. I'm tired of my guild telling me I can't go on raids because my assassin as too low dps.

Also, Dummy damage ratings mean absolutely Zilch. Many class DPS values are related to reactives, player skill, non damaging abilities that extend a fight, etc. They absolutely shouldn't be used to determine pvp viability let alone pve viability.

To the OP --- Dusty.. Give it up. We get you feel nerfed. Guess what. My sentinel can get chewed up like no ones business by specced Sages/Sorcs. AND once I get to them, they can use their 'I win' buttons to get away from me, slow me down, and make getting back to them difficult. Plus they have baseline heals and I have absolutely none at my level.

I have 55's in every class. I have 12 characters total, so there are some duplications. For example, I wanted to try a Tank Guardian and a DPS Sentinel. I have a Tank consular and a healing Sorc, I have a DPS Merc and Healing commando, I hav a concealment Ops and a Heal Scoundrel. I recently started pure DPS pwnage Sniper and gunslingers.

EVERY class is viable. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.

You're just not doing it right.

Yeah I know some melee dps are better than others. I just happen to be that bottom class. I'm tired of my guild telling me I can't go on raids because my assassin as too low dps.

Yeah, I hear you. My main is a sorc, the glass cannon with one of the lowest DPS :/

OMG. Now it's nerf the melee. Is there any class that someone hasn't thought should be nerfed? All the pvp qq is seriously damaging pve gameplay and it needs to stop. 99% of the time, no nerf is necessary, people just don't know how to play their class optimally. Instead of asking for nerfs, people need to pay more attention to gear and rotations and learn to play better.

i agree i would like the developers to working on content and stuff instead of getting bogged down in this endless cycle of buffs and nerfs